Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   ** Open thread forum ** (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rule the World Pitboss (CDZ Earth) (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4178)

Robi D 05-01-2008 16:14

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robi D

That should be can't not can Stapel.
In English please
Quote:

quote:And a nuclear launch would not have pleased me :), although i have to ask why you didn't go down that road in the first place since a conventional war was never going to do much
I actually did, but it couldn't be done faster than this. It's a bit sourthe game is over, exactly wen I had nukes available.....
That was in english [lol] Basically it was a typo.
As for your nukes, your just going to have to wait for another game to use them.

Beam 05-01-2008 19:17

Congrats Robi [goodjob], still puzzling for me why the old world has been so passive on its own turf. "China is to far away". Not with Railroads and a couple of good deals imo.

Matrix 05-01-2008 19:46

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry, but the hosting of this pitboss ended in a predictable way: my computer crashed. [lol]

(I should've known better this time: I messed around with audio/video cables while the computer was still running...)

Matrix 06-01-2008 00:39

By the way, it was my pleasure to host this one, but electricity cost rose about 10 euro per month, so if you want me to host another one I'll need to persuade my wife first. ;)

Robi D 06-01-2008 01:00

I would not have though a computer used that much electricity. Who much do you pay per kW/h?

Stapel 07-01-2008 13:16

I'm still fine with hosting a game. I have a PC running 24/7 anyway. However, this PC doesn't have a dvd-player.......

So, how can I get CiV on it? Would it work to simply copy the whole CiV-folders from one PC to another?

Matrix 07-01-2008 15:30

I think that should work. Perhaps I can come over once and bring my cd's along. (And play a game or two, since I'm there anyway. ;))

We pay about €0.07/kWh. That would mean the computer runs at approx. 350W. That seems a bit too much, but I do know a computer is a big energy consumer anyway.

Stapel 07-01-2008 16:31

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I think that should work. Perhaps I can come over once and bring my cd's along. (And play a game or two, since I'm there anyway. ;))
Oh, that's a cool idea anyway. Maye we should invite a few more: I guess a 4 player game might be fun. 'll check with the mrs to see when our common agenda has time :D . However, I think I should gte a hosting up and running before that! I'll try sending the files over my home network.
BTW: How come your civ is on CDs, whereas mine is on DVD?

Quote:

quote:We pay about €0.07/kWh. That would mean the computer runs at approx. 350W. That seems a bit too much, but I do know a computer is a big energy consumer anyway.
I very much doubt a PC, without a monitor, that does not much more than host CiV all day, uses 350W. You can check the maxium power use on the PC's label. It's probably 250W. A computering just running is more likely to use 70-100 Watt. At any regular electronics or home improvement store, you can buy a Watt meter for about 20 euros.

Matrix 07-01-2008 16:42

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Stapel

BTW: How come your civ is on CDs, whereas mine is on DVD?
Because I made a typing error. [rolleyes]

I'll have little to do between January 20th till February 15th, so if I can come over between that time it would be perfect. And finding two more players shouldn't be too difficult, don't you think?

Stapel 07-01-2008 19:20

Copying............

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...urrt wel f.JPG
11.19KB

Matrix 12-01-2008 12:37

I think I've found the problem of all these crashes I had when I was hosting the pitboss. The fan of my videocard is scorched off! [eek] It was probably a wire that burned off first, but when I looked yesterday night the fan itself, and what it was connected to, was all black, and all I could do was to tear it off. Luckily I still had a loose fan somewhere; one that you can place in stead of a PCI-card, which blows against the card next to it. It makes an awful lot of noise, but let's hope it'll cool the videocard sufficiently. :)

Shabbaman 12-01-2008 12:43

Your server or your normal system?

Matrix 12-01-2008 13:53

I have no server, just a router. So it's my own computer.

Shabbaman 12-01-2008 14:14

That sucks [:o]

Matrix 12-01-2008 15:27

Oh well, shit happens. What sucks more is the fact that my current motherboard doesn't have a PCI-express slot, which makes a potential replacement AGP-videocard basically a waste of money.

Robboo 12-01-2008 18:13

Same thing happened to me 2 years back. I ended up having to get a crappier card with the plan to replace the computer in a year or so which I did.

Stapel 14-01-2008 13:20

Well,

I copied all files to another computer, but no succes. As expected, several DLLs are missing.