Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   ** Open thread forum ** (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Deathmatch III (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682)

Dell19 20-05-2004 22:46

Ah okay, just thought I would point it out as it seems to work reasonably well at Gamecatcher for our PBEMS for over two players.

ProPain 20-05-2004 23:29

stalled between me and beam as the attachement didnt came thru, played and sent now.

akots 21-05-2004 05:08

Turn 6 received from PP, played, sent to Tunerica, and received by Tunerica. Wow! So many events in such a short time!

akots 24-05-2004 18:39

Turn 7 goes to Tunerica

Matrix 25-05-2004 19:28

To Beam.

If I investigated a city, do I have to mention this? Or does this happen unnoticed?

Beam 25-05-2004 19:50

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

If I investigated a city, do I have to mention this? Or does this happen unnoticed?
No. The only things to be reported are by a human attacker to a human defender in terms of type and number of units and results, this reporting is between the offender and the defender only.

Example:
- Sword att. spear, wins
- Sword att. spear, loses
- Horse att. spear, wins
- Horse att. warr, wins

Pastorius 25-05-2004 20:56

And if Killer replaces anyone, this happens:

[tvs]

ProPain 25-05-2004 22:21

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Beam

No. The only things to be reported are by a human attacker to a human defender in terms of type and number of units and results, this reporting is between the offender and the defender only.

Example:
- Sword att. spear, wins
- Sword att. spear, loses
- Horse att. spear, wins
- Horse att. warr, wins
I also want to see hp's per unit. Makes a lot of difference if 10 full hp spears are left or only redlined ones. And you would get this info on online MP or SP.

Beam 25-05-2004 22:21

Paali [ROTFL]

Meantime down at the ranch,

Rock 'n roll

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...inimapt008.jpg
12.9*KB

Sav > PP

Preparing battlereport for tunerica by PM.

EDIT: PP agree with that and included in the battlerep down under. ;)

Matrix 25-05-2004 22:29

Woohoo! Finally some action! :D

tunerica 26-05-2004 02:36

A little earlier than I expected, but I guess that why it worked so well.

Matrix 27-05-2004 22:46

ProPain's Knossos is now mine. [evil]

Beam 27-05-2004 23:08

Wow! The shit hits the fan!

I am about to finish my turn.

Beam 30-05-2004 11:07

Where is the sav? I've send it to PP on the 27th.

ProPain 30-05-2004 12:17

I have the save, but I haven't been home from wednesday night untill yesteday afternoon.

I've thought about this game for quite a while and have decided to retire from it. Imo my start was quite unbalanced which made the game less fun for me to play (no offense meant Matrix). Being the only one with two land based opponents nearby, capital on the fringe of my empire and lowest mfg gds made me think this was a lost game from turn 1. I was playing on just hoping some nukes could turn the tide, but now I'm facing a two fronted war in a few turns, I decided to end it here. I've taken back Knossos (even got a leader in the process) and destroyed all Matrix' invasion forces. After that I retired from the game so you guys can go on. It seemed the most fair way as noone has gained any of the Greek holdings.

If you rather have a replacement player you can send him my save and I will provide the password. If not I'll send the save to akots.

Sorry guys, I wish you all a good game.

PP

akots 30-05-2004 13:02

Yes, this is understandable. These cities would be hard to defend especially if losing the Manhattan race. However, you could have given me "mine" two towns in exchange for long peace and deal with Matrix then.

Being in one piece and far away from the opponents is not a big fun also.

ProPain 30-05-2004 15:33

Too late now, Akots. I offered you those towns for a long peace deal right in the first turn. You lost your chance for free production there, after you declined that offer I'd always would have disbanded them. Although in this case the proximity to Athens was a factor: I was planning to investigate the chances for cult flipping.

I don't think I would have lost the manhattan race, would have finished it in 1 turn, and even if I lost it that would have been even better. I didnt want manhattan, I wanted to build nukes. I was hoping Beam would finish it before me, I could have used my manhattan shields to build a nuke.

Beam 30-05-2004 22:56

PP, imo it is bullocks you retire from this game. Yes, you are in a difficult position but we all have our difficulties to deal with. You are complaining about the MFG but from a city scan I've made I doubt you are taking full advantage of the production potential available.

A battle with Matrix could be expected anytime, so what's the surprise? All of us have everything on our fingertips, besides the nukes. You and me are building Manhattan and one of us will be there first, so what? It means control about when a small but decisive stack is available, instead of waiting for the flag to be raised.

So. although you may have less options than preferred, there still are options left imo. I would appreciate if you give it a try :)

EDIT: I saw PP has edited Matrix' spoiler and read the spoiler. So game over for me as well. I like the format however, how about a replay with a more balanced map? I really appreciate all the work Matrix has put in the game :)

ProPain 30-05-2004 23:36

Beam,

I dont see any reason why you guys cant continue, I folded so you go on with the 4 of you like any other game where a player is annihilated. Nothing changed really, I would have disbanded those cities anyway instead of letting others conquering them and gain prod power.

Matrix 31-05-2004 22:40

The thing that's changed is that I focused all my efforts on attacking you. That has been useless. And another thing: I was told that building Manhattan as first gives a huge advantage: you can rush nukes the very same turn! I heard about just after I attacked you. [rolleyes]

If you want a more balanced map it would have to be five identical islands, or a pentagram shaped pangaea or something. But that would be boring IMO. I thought this was evenly balanced as everyone had two potential enemies.

akots 01-06-2004 05:04

Yes, I also investigated some of Greek cities and must agree with Beam that increased production was possible certainly. If you have built Manhattan in Athens (which was number 1 production city apparently) and rushed nukes the very same turn by scrolling forward in all other cities, this could have been a great advantage. However I do disagree with Beam that the game should not be continued. IMO, it can get really interesting at this point. I've played the turn and sent to Tunerica.

Beam 01-06-2004 10:54

OK, lets play on then.

@Matrix, I agree with you that identical islands ARE boring, but I also think some starting positions are much harder to play than others. It makes a huge difference for example if there are shared landborders. I know you put a lot of effort in the map and rearranged it from 8 to 5 players so please read it rather as suggestions than criticism.

tunerica 01-06-2004 11:39

First of all, Akots, the save you sent me said Turn 8, as far as I know the last save that I had was turn 8, so is this turn 8, or just turn 9 named wrong.

Also, I won't be able to do turns very often at the moment, I am studying for exams at the moment and have to focus my attention on that, for that reason I may not be on the net very often.

Matrix 01-06-2004 15:58

Beam, I don't mind criticism. If I didn't balance the map enough, then that's a fact. (Though I could comment that it's rather late to point that out.) But I don't know if I'd be good enough to make a good balanced map without making it boring. Plus that I don't like artificial maps: maps where a person made the possibilities of gameplay instead of the map generator.

Those (incompetence and dislike) are also the two reasons I don't balance maps for others. One might consider this anti social, but then again, it's always been the wish of my opponent, while I don't care.

akots 10-06-2004 19:52

Is this game dead or what? If somebody cannot continue we can try looking for a replacement. IMHO, there is always a possibility to play 1 turn in 10 days. :)

Matrix 10-06-2004 20:39

I figured I'd only continue if others want to. But real interest is a bit lost. So I'll play whenever I receive a savegame.

Beam 10-06-2004 21:48

Same for me Matrix, just where is the sav atm, at Tunerica?

We had a good and speedy start, lets move!

tunerica 11-06-2004 03:51

Was actually waiting for a reply to my question to Akots, still waiting, that and the fact that I am insanely busy at the moment and haven't been able to get to it. If yas can't wait, replace me.

akots 11-06-2004 05:16

@Tunerica: There is no question in your post #23. If you don't want to play, you can do same thing which PP did since it might be difficult to find a decent player for replacement if the game is already somewhat screwed. Then, it is unclear why did you sign up for the game. If you want to play, I'm sure you can find 20 minutes of your precious time to play at least every other day.

If somebody is busy it is me. [lol]

To find out what is the turn of that save, open it and press F8. There, you would be informed of what the current turn of the game is. I played what I have received from PP.

tunerica 11-06-2004 10:32

Like I said if you can't wait, replace me, which might be a good idea given I can't guarantee any real turn frequency for the next 6 weeks or so. I joined the game before I was busy or even knew I might get busy, I'm not going to screw up my future for a game.

Beam 11-06-2004 15:02

RL always prevails of course. Can you just quicly play the turn or just do EoT so we can move on? In the mean time we can try to find a replacement.

Shabbaman 11-06-2004 15:35

I'll fill in. No problem. I have no clue what this game is about either, so that won't be a problem either.

Beam 11-06-2004 15:58

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I'll fill in. No problem. I have no clue what this game is about either, so that won't be a problem either.
[dance] [goodjob]
The title of the game says it all Shabba. Don't worry about expansion or tile sharing between cities. The title says it all!

akots 12-06-2004 01:56

@Tunerica. We are all adult busy people who don't want to sacrifice anything for a game.

[lol]However sometimes we do for this particular game...

IMHO, this clearly shows how little respect you have for the game and other players in it. No offense please.

@Shabbaman. Do I need to send you the save? Then, what is the e-mail address? And Tunerica's password... guess has to be extracted from Tunerica.

akots 12-06-2004 02:01

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix ... But real interest is a bit lost. So I'll play whenever I receive a savegame.
The game is only starting. And the real things are just beginning. It would be a great fun...

tunerica 12-06-2004 03:06

password: arnold

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DM3-turn8-AK.zip
174.02KB

Shabbaman 13-06-2004 13:35

Ah, missed this thread, sorry guys. I guess that's "the save" from tunerica? Who do I have to mail it to? Matrix?

Beam 13-06-2004 13:46

Affirmative Shabba. In case you engaged in battle please PM a report to the player you battled. ;)

Shabbaman 13-06-2004 13:48

Okay, will do. What version is this on? 1.22?

Beam 13-06-2004 13:57

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Okay, will do. What version is this on? 1.22?
I guess so.