Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   CDZ youth league (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   The Youth Academy Info Thread (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4140)

Sibul 27-03-2007 21:13

So one question how much of you joined new system and let old system live. I have done so. and now looking and trying to find where I can turn off old system or will I just remove money from it?

Sencond one. How do I find out who have academy? Like who from my friends have it and who don't have it? Or do I have to ask from them?

yndy 27-03-2007 21:59

There will be no international scouting. There was a mistake in the rules where they said that.

You can't find who has the academy yet. This is to be implemented as we go with the school.

Tubby Rower 29-03-2007 21:46

I just noticed something. each player has a different birth date. the ages are 15 and 95 days for example. With a tiny bit of investigation and my handy dandy calculator, there are 112 days in 16 weeks. So I actually have one guy going to turn 17 @ 3-30 00:00:00 and another (my YP from this week) turning 17 @ 3-31 00:00:00. I'm playing all of my 15 yo's tomorrow and am going to kick those sissy clown trainees in the teeth :D

Mistfit 29-03-2007 23:18

Second update:
Quote:

quote:The terminology of the scout:
1. hoffnungslos (hopeless)
2. zweifelhaft (doubtful)
3. aussichtsreich (hopeful)
4. vielversprechend (talented)
5. verheißungsvoll (hot prospect)
6. ungeheuer (prodigious)
Coach this player right and you will get excellent Defending before you know it! Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Scoring. Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.

So does this mean I got a bad youth? He is listed as hopeless but I was excited about the reference to excellent defending.. I figured if I could get him to excellent defending by the time he was 17 that would be a pretty decent youth.. am I thinking wrong?

socralynnek 30-03-2007 00:10

Yeah, seems there is something contradictory there.

I could only guess what it really means atm, so I better don't say anything.
But this wouldn't be CDZ then...
OK, guesses: talent could mean how fast he trains or talent hopeless could mean that he can't reach high levels in any skill.

Or hopeless here only applies to wing.

Tubby Rower 30-03-2007 00:28

Quote:

quote:Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.
Quote:

quote:Or hopeless here only applies to wing.
I think that ynnek got this (eventually). Look at the sentence adn it refers to winger training.

arne1 30-03-2007 00:40

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Quote:

quote:Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.
Quote:

quote:Or hopeless here only applies to wing.
I think that ynnek got this (eventually). Look at the sentence adn it refers to winger training.
I really hate yto do this but I think tubby is right. But I will see how it works out and progfit from it in about a season.

Tubby Rower 30-03-2007 04:00

don't worry arne... it won't ahppen often... there's a saying "Even a blind squirrell finds a nut occassionally"

Mistfit 31-03-2007 15:35

Has anyone seen the day that training is supposed to update for the Youth?

bed_head7 31-03-2007 15:42

The first update after you play a match.