Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hattrick forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Season 48 (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5336)

Mistfit 28-02-2012 12:33

I screwed myself this season by underestimating my opponent in my league. He really put up some numbers that surprised me. I took a draw against him which effectively eliminates me from auto-promotion. Now I have to figure out how to win or draw against him in the last match of the season and keep a higher GD to win the series. The bummer is that I will again likely need to MOTS him the last match of the season which set me up for failure in a Q-match.

Aggie 28-02-2012 15:02

That sucks...

Mistfit 28-02-2012 15:10

It does but.. It will make the season more interesting. Now I will actually have to work on scoring as many points as possible during my bot bashing middle of the season to try and garner as much GD as possible. Just in case I pull another draw against this guy in week 14.

yeah I know.. not much of a silver lining but.. gotta look for some positive out of the situation :D

akots 29-02-2012 01:40

You played 5-4-1 against his 4-4-2 and this will also expectedly lower your results against bots compared to his. You also played your only forward defensively. You can try to place your wingers offensively if they have at least some passing, just inadequate already might help on that level. Otherwise, IMO, you cannot win this season.

I've relegated to some peculiar Div5 league V.239. There are two exceptionally strong teams there and there was a third on a similar scale (300 stats!!) which promoted to Div4 last season. I was able to deal with the main competitor (250-275 stats) in round 1 by focusing all attack on one wing as he made the wrong guess but it is a 50:50 thing. There is also another team which is close to 300 stats (260-290) but as I understand, the guy struggles with making the ends meet and might be selling some top players soon or might go bankrupt. I, on the contrary, sold two top players (keeper and forward) and can barely field 240-250 stars on a good day. Which means that finishing second or first will be a struggle. I think I have no problem finishing fourth or third. IIRC, this is stronger than some seasons of Div4 in some of the leagues I've been.

socralynnek 29-02-2012 08:10

Won 0-3 away in the cup. As I already thought, I might go out this round, this result is quite nice.

I am selling my top winger (titanic wing + magical SP which might hurt. I am hoping to get enough points to delay buying until it's cheaper again. But I am not sure whether that will work out.

Shabbaman 29-02-2012 09:06

I won 0-2 away against the champion. Next up: a club with a midfield rating a whole level higher. If he keeps up that fancy lineup with 2 CD and 1 WB I'm golden with my wing attack.

arne1 29-02-2012 22:50

I counterd my way into 3rd round. Should not need another counter to get into 4th. I might even get a home match this season.

BCLG100 29-02-2012 23:51

Somehow got in to the 3rd round, I don't think this guy checked my cup team I was sending out as it is vastly different to my league team and he decided not to go for it. The next team I have to play looks quite beatable too!

Shabbaman 01-03-2012 10:04

This is really unbelievable: I sell a backup defender during the match, and one of my defenders gets injured for four weeks :mad: To make it worse, the guy I sold for 1M I bought for 2.5M a year and a half ago. I might just as well kept him. Pfff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arne1 (Post 136237)
I might even get a home mathc this season.

The last time I got a home match in the cup was in 2007, in round 6. I think you're overly optimistic.

arne1 02-03-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 136239)
This is really unbelievable: I sell a backup defender during the match, and one of my defenders gets injured for four weeks :mad: To make it worse, the guy I sold for 1M I bought for 2.5M a year and a half ago. I might just as well kept him. Pfff.

The last time I got a home match in the cup was in 2007, in round 6. I think you're overly optimistic.

I am used to reaching round 5 with no serious problems, but that might change now I have relegated down quite a bit. And do not forget you finish second every season and I only finished 4th last season.

So Yes I am overly optimistic.