Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Rule The World II (BTS) (full) (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4443)

Robboo 18-10-2007 05:49

also interested...

Beam 18-10-2007 08:08

Robboo added :)

Guess current players are:
- Matrix
- akots
- Beam
- BCLG10square
- grahamiam
- ynnek
- Robboo

Dandridge 18-10-2007 19:00

I'm interested, too.

Matrix 18-10-2007 19:12

I've added the Vikings, and did some resource balancing. That does mean we've got 14 slots now. Please let me know what you think of this map. :)

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] RuleTheWorld2.1.zip
44.28*KB

8 players so far, so 6 more to find.

grahamiam 19-10-2007 02:51

Chinese and Mongols are very close (4 tiles). Not sure if that's a good thing as thier culture will be pushing against each other from the start.

Seems like we have lots of crabs, but no fish :)

It's a very nice map.

killercane 19-10-2007 04:21

I would suggest moving the Mongols up north as well. Zulu still has some FP tiles that are desert rivers, and have a pretty poor start still compared to Bull, Rome, and a couple others. The American SW has some of those river deserts, and could really use less hills and more grass/plains tiles that can be cottaged/irrigated. Even grass hills would be a bit better. As it is now it is pretty harsh territory, and would spur a race between Bull and the Aztecs for settling.

Aztecs have a rough start beside the Maya. If they do not research archery first they are dead against the Holkans. And even then Maya can just choke them to death so they can never research to Jags (commerce poor land to start with). Can Aztecs be moved north?

India looks like it could use one more viable city spot. If the crabs by Morocco were moved a tile or two south, the Malinese iron city would be a viable city location.

Matrix 19-10-2007 15:52

New version.

- Changes some mountains into hills and some hills into flat land in Nevada.
- Moved Maya to Colombia/Venezuela. [sad] Upgraded his starting location and restored Yukatan's original situation.
- Moved Mongols to northwest of Baikal Lake. Upgraded his starting location.
- Trimmed down India's starting location.
- I did [u]not</u> change desert tiles next to a river in Ethiopia and Kazachstan into floodplains, because it is visually obvious that it is in fact desert. Besides, those areas really are barren wastelands and adding floodplains would rape reality even more.

Robi D 19-10-2007 16:04

I'm interested naturally :)
But i definately don't want to be China.

Beam 19-10-2007 17:44

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

- I did [u]not</u> change desert tiles next to a river in Ethiopia and Kazachstan into floodplains, because it is visually obvious that it is in fact desert. Besides, those areas really are barren wastelands and adding floodplains would rape reality even more.
Imo it's these kinda tiles that can be upgraded without losing feel for an Earth map. Same for mountain ranges like Rockies, Andes and Himalaya. Replace the mountain tiles on the edge with hills and it becomes more playable while maintaining an Earth feel.

nitro1974 19-10-2007 19:41

I'm interested in joining, as Matrix might have guessed already...