Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   ** Open thread forum ** (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Cut More Crap - Pitboss (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5018)

Stapel 05-11-2009 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 124904)
Maybe he's just screwing with you ;)

I was wondering, is it possible for the mapmaker to edit savegames? And if so, would we want to if we'd discover a serious flaw early in the game?

First of all, I trust the map is balanced, possibly surprising, but balanced nontheless.
And if one or two players appear to be unjustly treated by their surroundings, well....., tough luck then.......

Shabbaman 05-11-2009 13:56

I agree with you completely. But there's always the slightest possibility that the mapmaker makes a mistake. For instance: forgetting to put copper near a starting location. I have no idea how barbu made the map.

Personally I wouldn't really mind if the map is altered during the game, if some stupid oversight unbalances the game. I do think that it's very likely that a map will be somewhat unbalanced anyway, and that luck with the proper resources near your starting location is a major factor in civ games.

Azza 05-11-2009 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by akots (Post 124902)
Oh, there is no perfect balance ever unless one plays mirror maps. IMO, we should trust in our mapmaker. Considering complete lack of balance in RtW series games and Texas Holdem game played on completely random map, this one should be as close as it gets and minor deviations from perfect balance might be digested with due effort.

Well, I'm going to trust the map maker until proved otherwise.

barbu1977 05-11-2009 15:46

There is people I like here and people I don't.

I just tool this opportunity to take revenge on some. [evil]

Now I quit.

Darkness 05-11-2009 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbu1977 (Post 124918)

Now I quit.

So, basically all players who ever backstabbed (or beat ;) ) you in a multiplayer game are completely without strategic resources? I like it already! :D

I'll be watching for the riots to start... [evil]

;)

barbu1977 05-11-2009 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbu1977 (Post 124918)

Now I quit.

Wow, my first troll post. And it just does not feel right.

Seriously, if any of you have concerns with some aspect of your starting position, PM me or write in your spoilers and I'll see into it. Making sure 16 players have a equal shot at winning is not easy.

As for the map, in retrospect, I should have made it on a large map rather than a huge one. I think it would have been more fun for you guys to play in.

A tiny OCC would also have been fun! We could try it in the next pitboss.

Finaly thanks to Stapel, Akots and Robi D for keeping me entertain with spoilers. For the rest of you: what are you waiting for?

mauer 05-11-2009 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by akots (Post 124902)
Oh, there is no perfect balance ever unless one plays mirror maps. IMO, we should trust in our mapmaker. Considering complete lack of balance in RtW series games and Texas Holdem game played on completely random map, this one should be as close as it gets and minor deviations from perfect balance might be digested with due effort.

I disgaree! Mine was perfect [groucho]

Robi D 06-11-2009 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 124904)
Maybe he's just screwing with you ;)

Maybe, maybe not;)

For all you know there is copper and iron on just about every hill and i'm just saying there is none so no one else will be in a rush to research it giving me an advantage.

Then again maybe i wrote the above to make you think you need to reseach it so i'll have more chance of getting some wonders from the upper half of the tree.

But then maybe i was just trying to stir up some debate in the hope of getting some information from all your reactions

Or maybe it was all just complete nonsense to get some discussions going on what has been a quiet thread of late.

Then again maybe its none of the above:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbu1977 (Post 124922)

Finaly thanks to Stapel, Akots and Robi D for keeping me entertain with spoilers. For the rest of you: what are you waiting for?

And thank you for entertaining me by not posting here right away:)

akots 06-11-2009 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robi D (Post 124935)
Maybe, maybe not;)
... Then again maybe its none of the above:p

The ultimate goal is to increase the postcount.

[spam]

Robi D 06-11-2009 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by akots (Post 124937)
The ultimate goal is to increase the postcount.

[spam]

akots has my number:D
[spam]