Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wosret's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   [SPOILER] 4 Vs 4 Locked Alliance - A Pression Game (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3433)

Wosret 02-11-2006 22:19

I would prefer rep. makes more sense.

Im close toTW but i cant say how close exactly. Actually i avoided to make a settler to research faster once ive got one from a huts, so i joined a granary atm. I promisses soon ill send u the tech. :)

killercane 03-11-2006 18:39

Rep would be nice, but so would an early monarchy. I dont care really ;), I just want to pound on Whomp and Tubby's heads as soon as possible.

Wosret 06-11-2006 16:14

pas to classical, 4t for tw.
2 huts to pop next turn :)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...6_imagemad.JPG
92.76KB

If we want to gain time i suppose for we to get philo asap and try getting CoL, after we research Rep.

We could research CoL and keep philo on the trigger, then we may try to get Rep at once.

Or we choose monarchy.

Weve 3 things to be voted.

I vote for the first that is the safesty and better imo

barbu1977 06-11-2006 16:38

I also think we should go directly after Philo. The slingshot would be nice, but it's a big gamble. If we go straight at philo we denny any chance that the other team gets the slingshot.

killercane 06-11-2006 16:53

I dont think popping those huts would be good until after we've all sent our techs for this round to avoid wasting our research. And popping huts post writing will lead to philo unless Wos's research is set to that. Just a reminder, some dont know about that. You should have IW, Wheel, Myst, and writing, leaving math and HBR as the cheaper techs.

Really Wosret could stand by 3 or 4 huts, get him writing, he turns his research to philo. The third tech (edit: 4th including math) the Americans pop will be Code of Laws after HBR and Literature. Then finish the philo slingshot hopefully.

If we get lucky with huts we can all research one more tech and be done with the AA.

Wosret 06-11-2006 21:28

sorry killer i havent understand the exactly moment for poping the huts, maybe because of my poor english. I figured out:
I wait for i receiving writing from you and then i at the same turn my research to philo... when i should pop the huts? because it would be good to get philo in them ^^

So i should receive wrinting, set my research to a cheaper tech (maths, HBR) and in the same turn pop the huts, then if i get philo i choose CoL to gain, if i get anything else i change my research to philo.

Is this right? sorry to ask, but i just wanted to be sure, i dont want my ignorance be the cause of a f***n mess for us :D tnx

killercane 07-11-2006 01:50

Once you get writing, Wheel, Mysticism, and IW, set your research to philosophy. You will pop HBR first as it is cheapest, then math, and then lit. The 4th hut tech would be Code of Laws. Then we hopefully either research philo or pop it. There is another goody hut over by me if you find me in time.

If you were to set it to, say Horseback Riding, you would pop philosophy and it would merely give you the rest of HBR for free, which kind of sucks. It always gives you the cheapest available tech.

I figure on continuing on Polytheism, and Mapmaking is a safe choice for someone to research or we can stockpile some gold. Maybe Barbu can continue to go full blast on philo to hedge our bets and Classical to Mapmaking? What do you all think?

killercane 08-11-2006 02:34

After thinking about it, perhaps it would be more efficient to get IW, Myst, and Wheel in, turn research to writing (assuming Barbu is still 5 turns or so from it), pop the huts you are standing by, and then continue them on to find some others to pop. The benefit being that you will be further towards some more huts.

The best case scenario would be popping HBR and Math, and then when writing is in set to philo and maybe get lucky with Lit and Code of Laws assuming there are enough huts.

barbu1977 08-11-2006 04:56

Hummm, I just checked in the save and I apear to be 19 turns from writing.

I've been going full science all the time!

Have I done something wrong?

killercane 08-11-2006 07:44

I wouldnt think so, writing is much more expensive than the other techs we are researching. Your actual time would be a bit shorter than that when you get a couple more cities down.