Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Civ V (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Patch thread (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5205)

Darkness 25-02-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furiey (Post 130939)
I've just played a game as Elizabeth, spent the whole time continuously sinking boats, but have no idea how many still to go to get 357.

Better prepare yourself then, 'cause you're in for a long quest... I just got that one a couple of days ago.
I played a 4-5 (small/standard sized) games as Elizabeth using "Raging barbarians" to get extra ships and building way too many ships to sink the barbarian boats (I am not entirely sure, but before the log was switched off I got the idea that ships sunk by city bombardment didn't count towards the 357)...

Beam 25-02-2011 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furiey (Post 130936)
It doesn't look like we'll get the achievents log file back with this patch, from the 2kforum:

"It was disabled because it was never intended to be enabled in the release version. It was originally only supposed to be for debugging. However, several people have expressed interest in having it turned back on, and so we'll look in to getting that turned back on in the future. Probably not in this patch though, sorry."

[estwing]

Rik Meleet 25-02-2011 15:35

I haven't bought civ 5 and I still have no rekindled desire to buy it.

ProPain 26-02-2011 10:09

@Rik: Keep it that way for now :) Just reinstall civ III or just spend a staggering 5 euro on Civ III complete on Steam if you lost your disks :)

Rik Meleet 26-02-2011 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPain (Post 130945)
@Rik: Keep it that way for now :) Just reinstall civ III or just spend a staggering 5 euro on Civ III complete on Steam if you lost your disks :)

I already have installed C3C back in December and played a GIGA map, 31 civs and after 100's of hours I quit. Tired but satisfied.

No time for any Civ nowadays though - the little man needs me.

Furiey 28-02-2011 19:43

Still no patch, but there is some new DLC coming on Friday:

From PC Gamer: 2K Games have announced that they will be releasing new Civilization 5 DLC this Thursday. The Polynesia pack will add the Polynesian civilisation and new research trees that can be used to unlock new cultural wonders like the Moai stone heads of Easter Island, and military units like the Maori Warriors. There will also be a new scenario called Paradise Found in which you must take charge of one of four tribes and fight for supremacy in Polynesia.

A map pack will also be released for free alongside the new DLC, adding the Skirmish, Ring and Ancient Lake maps to everyone’s game. The new maps will arrive automatically through a Steam update.

Furiey 28-02-2011 22:29

The new achievements are now named in Steam ready for the DLC:

Ngata Chance
Head and Shoulders Above the Rest
Bora! Bora! Bora!
Book 'em Danno
Heads Up!
This isn't Kansas
Law of the Splintered Paddle
Surviving the Marquesas
Do you have a little Captain in you?
Searching for the Precious

Darkness 01-03-2011 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furiey (Post 130953)
Still no patch

On the 2K forums a Firaxis employee has confirmed the "February patch" will be released today, March 1... :rolleyes: ;)

Some of the DLC's actually seem quite interesting to me (the new civs (Spain, Inca, Polynesia) and the scenario's), but those cradle of civilization map packs seem like a waste of money to me.
I wonder if they will, at some point (in the probably distant future, if ever), combine all the DLC's in one big pack and make a nice price out of it. It seems to me that these DLC prices are a bit high for such limited content and the costs will add up quickly. Right now the DLC's already total over 20 euro's (nearly the price of a complete Civ4 expansion pack when they first came out) and then all you get is 4 civs, 2 scenario's and 4 new pre-made maps...

I wonder if that's worth 20 euro's? But then again, how many hours will I spend on those 20 euro's? After all, Civ5 seemed pretty damn expensive to me (50 euro's), but Steam showed me last night that I've already logged over 500 hours "playing" Civ5 :eek: (I think the "clock" keeps running if the game is open, even when you're doing other stuff on the computer). Still, that would be less than 1 euro for every 10 hours... Pretty good value, I guess, if only they would fix a couple of the bigger issues in the game....

Furiey 01-03-2011 10:54

I suppose it is still a patch that was made in February!

I got the Spain/Inca DLC as part of the D2D deal but not played it yet although Spain has shown up in a game. I will probably wait for any more for a steam sale and will not bother with the map packs.

Furiey 01-03-2011 21:47

It's out!

143.9 MB