PDA

View Full Version : **Virus Alert**

WildFire
17-10-2003, 04:58
Did a virus scan last night and the wi32. pinf virus was found

It has messed up just about EVERY EXE FILE.

I URGE ANYONE I PLAY WITH TO SCAN THEIR COMPUTERS IMMEDIATLEY JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T GET IT FROM ME.

This also means, I won't be able to be on trillian for the next few days, or I won't have much internet access. Mainly, I won't be able to do PBEMs.

I just hope the computer doesnt have to be reformatted (i.e. everything deleted).

This sucks.

NEW: My computer is dead. In case you didn't get an email from me it basically says this: I can't do anything civ related because the computer I am typing this on is my parents and I should really not be doing this. So see you when I get a new computer (god forbid) or it gets fixed.

ProPain
17-10-2003, 16:52
that's not good WF. I suggest you install some sort of virus protection programm. I can remember anarres mentioned a free one in a thrread on this forum somewhere so you might give the search option a shot.

Good Luck!

WildFire
17-10-2003, 22:22
Yeah, we do have Norton's but for some fucking reason it was turned off. I suspect my older brother (who downloads crap from kazaa) turned it off, as I always have it on when I download my pbems.

anarres
17-10-2003, 22:30
This virus was got my someone running an .exe or .scr (screensaver). Someone had to have run one of these files (from email or possibly Kazzaa) to have infected your PC. PBEM saves could not have caused it.

WildFire
18-10-2003, 15:22
Yeah but the virus has infected mostly everything and we can't boot the piece of shit up. We know it was from .exe or .scr but thanks for double checking.

I bet it was Kazaa.

Unregister
20-10-2003, 00:03
it was
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Unregister/200310200255_Alex's.jpg
7.61KB