PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement

Skyfish
11-10-2003, 16:16
I am leaving on business trip for the whole week.

Normallythis should have no influence on my playing ability, however
this needs a word of warning as sometimes remote access can be dodgy, for example today my remote server is down and I can not access my emails....so be warned.

I worse case scneario we can use this thread to upload saves.

Skyfish
11-10-2003, 22:46
Our remote server isstill down and its a pain because all my emails are forwarded there.

PLEASE send your saves to my hotamil account : skyfishsky_at_hotmail.com

Thanks for your help, this should not last long...

ProPain
12-10-2003, 19:12
How ironic, you forwarding connection is fucked while you're attending a major telecom convention.

[rotfl]

Skyfish
12-10-2003, 21:00
The beauty of technology aye :D

Its getting worse by the minute...I now have access to my emails HOWEVER now my laptop refuses to work [wallbash] It crashes everytime when I try to open a save...
I am now trying a full reinstall of PTW..[aargh]

Skyfish
13-10-2003, 15:19
Latest news is that I can plazy some turns which are in the early BCs and of small sizes (I played and sent on DDPP, 3player, etc..)
but the save from anarres (number127a) is just too big and I cant open it on this laptop [???]
Its definitely a RAM issue combined with an unerasable virus problem that could clog up my RAM (because I never had that Mem issue before on this laptop even though i played big saves on it...)
Am really pissed off [cry]

anarres
13-10-2003, 15:30
It could of course be a memory problem, as well as a virus. If one of your memory DIMMs is knackered (has some bad bits) you would often only find out if you try to access the specific broken bits, which is when you are pushing mem to the limit.

Laptops always break, their hardware is often not up to the intense heat generated.

Skyfish
26-10-2003, 21:40
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT !

I am on holiday until Nov2nd and will not be able to play any turns.

ProPain
27-10-2003, 10:12
Anyone taking over ddpp, or is Erik back alrdy?