PDA

View Full Version : DDPP - Spoiler

Matrix
29-09-2003, 15:05
Log: http://www.straland.com/DutchPBEM

So what do you think? Sucks big time, doesn't it? [rolleyes]

I don't really have that much comment to give, because I use my log for that. But I am interested in some feedback and what you think I'm doing wrong, if I'm doing something wrong.

I did have bad luck of course because I didn't start near iron. Yet, in three turns, the road to iron (next to the city in the north) will be done. :) And I do have accomplished that Aggie will assist me in a possible conflict with Plux.

Plux might think I'll have adequate defenses when the deadline passes (while I'll have anything but) and might already be developing himself now. But I seriously doubt that.

digger760
29-09-2003, 16:15
I have been following this for ages. the log is great.

Why are you going for the penisula? would'nt you be better to grab the lands to the north of you?. I know that they are jungle and all, but that peninsula will be always hard to defend and any road to it can be easily cut off if yourself and aggie ever come to blows.

You have no horses, no iron (well you'll get that shortly) but the land is very flat, good for moving horses around. You seem to have built lots of roads, but your cities have very little in the way of other worker improvements. I think you desperately need a new worker.

What is going to stop plux from doing another probing attack? if he plonks 3-5 sword next to one of you cities, you are stuffed. Maybe StraStad doesn't need walls, plux isn't going to take Strastad first, if plux is attacking that then walls wont be much good to you...the game will be over (for you anyway). Would'nt you rather put up a fight on you border? To do that your gonna need to units in them. I would build archers or swords when availble in Strastad.

I would be putting a priority on roading up the horses and bulding lots of em. forget about that peninsula, a city there will be to corrupt and to hard to defend. Maybe you could try to negotiate a longer peace treaty from plux. He will know you lack iron just by checking his diplo screen, that will give him the confidense to attack again (Aggie is a long way off to provide and influence at all). If you have a second worker, better start putting some mines around your core cities.

Whos to say aggie wont crush you, what benefit is it to him to help you, what could he possibly gain except maybe some elite units, on the flip side he might loose units. If i were Aggie i would be more interest in picking the remains of your civilisation....

Well good luck Matrix your in a bit of a pickle in this game, may the RNG treat you well.

Matrix
29-09-2003, 18:48
Thanks for your insights, digger. :)

Though when I read it, it looks like I'm even more doomed. [rolleyes] I am indeed between Aggie and Plux and it might indeed be a very reasonable idea for Aggie to attack me instead of Plux. http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/undecided.gif I did think about this too. But if it's really the case, there's not much I can do about it, is there?

By the way, I would say that a peninsula is very easy to defend: just block that one passage. [rolleyes] One only should be weary (sp?) of a sea attack.

...Perhaps I should load a settler into a galley and find some spot somewhere else. [crazyeye]

Samildanach
29-09-2003, 21:03
Its a lovely log Matrix. I have a cunning plan to run by you if you like[evil]. It goes like this - allow Aggies Chariots through your land so that he may park them out of sight behind your border cities with Plux but don't sign an RoP with him until his chariots are in position. At the same time move all your military units to your border cities with Plux. When everything is in position sign an RoP with Aggie which you will have had a prior agreement with Aggie to sign.Plux will surely take the signing of the RoP as an act of war and will hopefully calculate that he has enough time to capture and consolidate your border cities before Aggies Chariots arrive - so Plux attacks your border cities throwing his units at your entire armed forces realising with dismay it is going to be a bloody business. Your cities either stand with a large stack of redlines outside or fall with likewise results - if one falls then Plux will get to goggle at Aggies war chariots stuck in the blind spot behind your captured cities if not it will be even more of a suprise.
I suggest cutting a deal with Aggie that gives you Pluxs four border towns and he gets the rest for an FP core. Also point out to him that him taking you out will be of little use when the formidable Kemal comes calling - that you will help to research him to parity with the Japanese cities that he will give you and possibly get him an advantage in the tech race.
Also strike a deal with Aggie that you will partner him in an invasion of the other land on condition that you are allow to build your FP on that continent- hopefully with a GL and that he is forbidden from building or holding any cities on that continent until all the enemy civs are defeated and must turn over any captured productive cities i.e within an reasonable distance of the FP core.
Or alternatively he can tell you to get lost and he and plux can pick over your empire until Kemal comes along and wipes them both out.[hammer]

Matrix
29-09-2003, 21:38
Woohoo! It's a good plan to ask for my own subforum. [goodjob]

Your plan is quite detailed, but I get the idea. I'll discuss it with Aggie; I think he'll agree with this, because indeed, if he doesn't Kemal or ProPain will be standing on their doorstep, sooner or later.

Samildanach
29-09-2003, 22:58
I also have a dirty trick that you both might want to consider using - keep a phoney state of war going between you. Coming out of it when you want to trade - during this phoney war both of you assign 2-3 cities to producing regular warriors, use these warriors as fodder to upgrade each others strike troops too elites and also for leader harvesting. The phoney war will hopefully also lead Propain and Kemal into feeling more complacent than they otherwise would be and to turning there research rate down in favour of military spending - thinking that all they have to do to, is win the battle for their continent and yours will inevitably follow.

Matrix
07-10-2003, 23:17
Log updated!

What do you think, bad move to revolt now?

digger760
08-10-2003, 09:12
Its as good a time as any to revolt, it seems as if there is an element of team work beginning to form with you guys, with the relisation that you are all behind (the other three). So Plux may hold off his exansionist ambitions (fingers crossed)

Matrix
12-11-2003, 15:30
Log updated!

Heavy stuff, huh? :D Yet when ERIKK is gone they'll probably expand like madmen. Though ProPain doesn't have any adjacent land left to go to. Perhaps they'll attack each other? I'm afraid they're smarter than that. If they don't, then Plux would be very stupid to start a war with me, I think.

anarres
12-11-2003, 16:23
So it's definite??? ERIKK is down to a couple of cities?

Matrix
12-11-2003, 22:04
Yes. But I'm still very astonished that it happens so fast! ERIKK/Skyfish must have had very very little defense, but you can't tell from the power graph that Kemal & ProPain are that powerful. ProPain least of all.

Matrix
14-11-2003, 01:29
I've updated my log again. I fear the worst. [help]

anarres
14-11-2003, 01:45
Hmm, it does indeed look dodgy if Killer is moving troops up too. [eek]

Have you tried for a new treaty with Plux?

Matrix
14-11-2003, 12:04
quote:E-mail to Killer

Hi, Killer!

Why didn't you move your war chariots further towards Plux?
quote:E-mail from Killer

there are a few more coming - I am waiting one
turn to mass them a bit. No sense sending ONE into
his view and tell him what's happening, right?
quote:E-mail to Killer

Ok, I was just a little worried, that's all. ;) In the next turn the ultimatum will expire and he is 'free' to attack!

I think it would be best if you'd go to the north (attacking from Har) and I'd go from the south. That would be better than continuously crossing each other's paths. Besides, it also makes it easier to divide the cities, otherwise it might happen that one of us crippled a city's defense and the other conquered it.

It sounds like a fair answer. [hmm]

Matrix
15-11-2003, 00:51
It was panic about nothing. :)

Log updated about it.

Matrix
12-12-2003, 10:39
Log updated again.

The war is going well. :D My pessimism of a few turns back was clearly unjustified. [crazyeye]

Matrix
21-02-2004, 13:52
Been chatting with Aggie. He said he wanted to attack me once Plux was out of the way. [:o] But then again, that's not a big surprise. I better Killer is thinking the same. ;)

Matrix
30-03-2004, 22:04
Log updated. :)

digger760
30-03-2004, 23:47
thanks for the update [goodjob]

Matrix
08-08-2004, 11:30
Log updated again!

This is such a weird situation: the civs closest to each other joining forces against civs far away from each other. Seems very unstable to me. Then again, if anyone breaks this alliance it will be devastating to him.

Anyway, this makes it all a very exiting game! :D

Matrix
06-01-2005, 00:55
Log updated!
Pay special attention at the diplomatic discussion (bottom of that page).

Here's a little show-off... :D (Though you can hardly call it a performance.)
http://www.straland.com/junk/Silkstone.avi

Matrix
09-03-2005, 18:16
Log updated.

What do you think Kemal will do? He should still have about forty cavalries, somewhere...

Darkness
09-03-2005, 18:24
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Log updated.

What do you think Kemal will do? He should still have about forty cavalries, somewhere...

If I were you I'd be very concerned where that "somewhere" is. Somehow I don't think Kemal is the kind of player to let his cavalries sit on the beach (or whatever...[coool])

Banzai
09-03-2005, 18:30
40 cavs? yikes!
What do you need to defend against that?

Matrix
10-03-2005, 04:43
That "somewhere" is on our continent, apparently. (See recent Persian news flash.) Where exactly doesn't matter, since they're so fast anyway.
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

40 cavs? yikes!
What do you need to defend against that?
ProPain!

Matrix
20-07-2005, 02:52
Log updated!

Stapel and I are doing the best we can, although it seems forlorn hope.

Kemal
25-08-2005, 21:54
Just finished reading your logs, *AMAZING* stuff in there, really detailed and fun to read!

Extremely well done Matrix, thanks for the writeup, best spoiler page I;ve seen so far for any pbem! [goodjob] :)

Matrix
26-08-2005, 16:02
You read it all?!

Anyway, thanks. :)
(Just wait to see what I'm about to do with the common page. [mischief])