PDA

View Full Version : e-mail Problems

Sir Eric
28-09-2003, 14:31
I've been having problems all afternoon with me email. I sent a save to someone in Brisbane (1000 Kilometres away) and it took 4 hours for them to get it. That was after getting 2 messages saying that me email couldn't get sent for the past 4 hours. And the same with him sending an email to me.
I tried sending an email to just across the other side of Sydney and that took about an hour. The only mail that I am receving is post notifications from cfc.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? and how I can go about fixing it?

Grille
28-09-2003, 15:07
Sounds like a server/network problem of your ISP (respectively of your mail service provider).
If so, you can't do anything about it. (If you send a mail to yourself and that takes hours, the mail server has probably freaked out).
Maybe you try to get an alternative (free) mail account elsewhere, if you the prob continues for too long.

Sir Eric
29-09-2003, 00:11
Ok it's working again.
It started to get a bit better at about 1.30am this morning but my brain was starting to experience some lag so I didn't play any saves.
Thanks for the advice grille. I had a mate playing around with it yestaerday so I wasn't sure if he buggered it up or not.