PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Sir Eric Vs Digger760

Sir Eric
24-09-2003, 15:08
This is a revenge game.
Digger kicked my arse in an online game about a month ago so I'm out for some sweet revenge[evil]
Diggers Island is quite small in comparison to mine and it is mostly forests, from what he has said.
There is only one way that he can acces my much larger island and that is through a narrow stait.
I plan to block that stait with galleys so that he cant get to my island, whilst building up an army to go and attack his island and have my REVENGE!!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200392415744_SErevenge.png
716.47KB

Lt. Killer M
24-09-2003, 15:17
good luck!

Sir Eric
24-09-2003, 15:33
Well there goes that idea!!
Digger just built the bloody Great Lighthouse[aargh][aargh][aargh][cry][saiyan]

ProPain
16-10-2003, 13:14
Still blockin the strait will prevent him from landing his troops in 1 turn from his home island. That will give you a chance to hit his transports and sink em with units still in it.

Sir Eric
21-10-2003, 22:08
Yes he now has a galley sitting there so I guess he figure that as well. No matter I have put a couple around his. I have just captured the Persian capital and got iron so I will be making lts of swords then it's REVENGE!!

Sir Eric
02-12-2003, 14:23
It is now the year 990ad. Digger has no access to saltpeter so he has decided to attack the romans which have 2x saltpeter on the other larger continent.
I just declared war on DIgger to get the Iroquios, which are the main force on that island, to join me in an alliance to stop him from getting the saltpeter. It cost me 164 Gold, WM and 4 gpt but they are now at war with France, and India the other civ on that cont joined in for my WM. Now he is at war with all the civs on the big cont.

I am currently 1 tech ahead of Digger. I get Metallurgy in 4 turns then Mil trad then over to his island I go for some warring...... well thats the plan anyway, I just hope this one turns out a bit better then my one with Aggie.

Image removed. It was too bloody big.

Lt. Killer M
02-12-2003, 14:29
nice!
sneaky!
[:d]

anarres
02-12-2003, 14:52
One peice of advice: You are better giving gpt when making an MA against a human, since they are likely to make peace in 6 turns.

Sir Eric
02-12-2003, 20:08
Thanks Anarres I'll remember that for next time. Digger has already made peace with the Romans but that is of little consequence as it is the Iroquios that he really needs to worry about.

btw: The inspiration for this little manouver comes from Killer. He did a similar thing to me in a game we played about a month ago and it utterly destroyed me.

Sir Eric
07-07-2004, 11:41
Update.

Well things were plodding along nicely. Digger had taken over all the Roman territories and I had invaded the big continent and invaded the Indian territories after dispersing of the Persians on my Island.
Digger had a nice hold on the mainland and I had 5 cities that I was re-culturing to the ways of the Ottomans.

Then disaster strung.....
Digger sneak attacked me on the main island.
He landed troops near Calcutta and took it.
I retaliated by sending my troops south to attack Delhi, which is that pile of rubble near my stack of Sipahi.
Whilst I was in the south attacking Delhi, the bloody Iroqious attacked me and took Bombay.
Next turn Digger abandonded Delhi, loosing the pyramids in the process and the Iroquious took 2 more cities, Cattaraugus and Lahore.
Meanwhile my troops are down south resting after there big fight and cant return to defend my last city Karachi.
In the meantime I send a caravel to Diggers island but he has units on ALL the coastal squares so that I cant land any units.
He also has lots of Ironclads so that I cant get re-inforcements to the mainland.

So now my troops are isolated on the mainland with no way of getting help to them.

[img][img]

hmmm. I cant load the jpeg, I'll try again later.

Sir Eric
19-08-2004, 11:43
Update

I lost all the cities on the other Continent but i have a tech lead on Digger.
I have made peace with Digger and the Iro. I have Replacable parts and no-one else does...

Pastorius
19-08-2004, 20:57
Ouch! Ouch!

but hey man, what happened to the pic?
is the upload feature down again?

Sir Eric
20-01-2005, 12:00
Update

Not much happened since August. I've been slowly building up my army of Sipha, Artillery and Infantry. I will discover Mass Prod and then Amphibious Warfare. Whcih will give me marines and my first shot at attacking Digger since the very early stages of this game. (The rotten bugger has units on all his tiles adjacent to the coast so I cant land any units).

Only prob is that the F3 Advisor says that my military is Average compared to his but F11 puts me at #2 for Military, Digger told me that his F11 puts his military at #3 so I hope to catch up soon enough.
One thing that worked out for me was that I made a MPP with the Iro for a couple of techs about 3 turns ago.

So I plan to declare war about 4 turns before I get AW(Marines). I am hoping that he will see that both I and Iro have declared war which means that he cant fully focus his military in one spot. Which is perfect for me cause I can.

The only question is do I attack at the closest point or do I put all my units on boats and join the Iro in a combined attack on that island, of do I do a bit of both?

Sir Eric
19-04-2005, 11:29
UPdate

About 5 minutes after I posted the above post, Digger declared war on the Iro, without checking to see if they and I had a MPP, so we are now at war.
I have been methodically bombarding his closest city with my bombers whilst I plan to launche a mass invasion in the next few moves.
Piccies to follow

Pastorius
19-04-2005, 11:44
Piccies to follow, in July or August? [:p]

Sir Eric
19-04-2005, 12:37
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Piccies to follow, in July or August? [:p]

At this rate..... definetly no later then Christmas.[yeah]

Sir Eric
23-05-2005, 11:33
At last the moment has arrived.

I have amassed enough troops to make an attack on Digger's Island. I made 4 marines which will allow me to get a foothold onto his island and with bomber support and artillery I will finally bring about either his ruin..... or mine.

Next turn..... ATTACK!!!!!!

With nice shiny piccies for Paalikles. ;)

Pastorius
23-05-2005, 14:41
w00t [jump]

Pastorius
29-05-2005, 17:51
Wow. These turns take DAYS to complete.

Sir Eric
30-05-2005, 13:03
Pre-attack turn

Digger has been conducting a very succesful war against the Iroquios on the Big island for the past 10-15 turns.
I have 2 techs that he doesn't have, Flight and Amphibious War. I dont know where he is at tech wise other than we had a talk a while ago and he was surprised that I have bombers and he didn't. My guess is that he is making a bee line straight for tanks.
Military
7x Marines
22x Musketman
38x Infantry
35x Cannon
27x Artilllery
3x Ironclads
6x Destroyers
9x Transports
9x Fighters
29x Bombers
51x Sipahi

Plan of attack
My first point of attack is to Diggers closest city on his main island south of me, Lyons. From there I will head direct south to Tours, then East to Rheims, then South again to Marseilles, Orleans and finally Paris.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/20055301324_dvse2.jpg
49.84KB

Depending on how much resistance I encounter on that island, if it isn't too much than I as going to launch units to the main island to points just above the latest cities that Digger has taken. (I had toyed with the idea of landing units to the south of the mainland as this may allow me to encounter the least amount of diggers units).
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200553013034_dvse1.jpg
69.19KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200553013316_dvse3.jpg
47.04KB

Pastorius
30-05-2005, 13:33
Sweet. With an army like that, you are bound to make an...impact ;)

Sir Eric
22-11-2005, 06:15
Well it's been one hell of a long game, 2 years and almost 3 weeks since we started this game we finally came to a conclusion.

The invasion of Diggers island didn't go according to plan. I invaded south from my island onto digger's home island, I took control of that island easier than I thought that I would cause Digger had commited himself to a war on the large island with the Iro. Unknown to him at that time, I had a MPP with the Iro, so once he attacked them I was able to go to war against him and invade his homeland that he had had very few troops stationed there.

Once I had his island to control it was a matter of massing all my troops and landing on the most nearest appropriate square. I tested the waters first by sending out 3 transports of troops which he was easily able to defeat. I then moved all the remaining troops that I had (about 120ish) to a single point of invasion. After about 10 turns I was able to take a heavily defended city.
About this time my work and study commitments started to restrict me from playing regularly so we mutually agreed to call it a day.

It was one hell of an enjoyable epic game, which I don't plan on repeating any time in the near future. ;)

digger760
22-11-2005, 10:03
hmmm you are to modest....if i get time i will post the real story...and people can judge for them selves who the real winner was. I would have like to have gone back before the change to communism and see how it turned out. I was flying along with techs before that [cry]

Sir Eric
28-11-2005, 06:09
Yeh you were about 2-3 techs ahead at one point. I think that had you not of declared war on the Iro when you did, the outcome would of been different too.