PDA

View Full Version : MPP more fucked up than I knew!!!!!!

Lt. Killer M
24-09-2003, 11:56
[aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh]

what can I say: I sign an ROP with Babylon. Consequently, when their border expands to encompass a ship of mine I do not care.

A few turns later, Babylon declares war and takes several cities.

Then, my cities all riot as I just lost two lux.

Then, before my units come up for movement, this happens:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Lt. Killer M/200392412426_MPPBSsmall.jpg
148.64KB

HELLO????????

Lt. Killer M
24-09-2003, 11:57
if you look closely, btw, you can see that I had no chance to move anything: the writing next to my town still is there from the border expan notice.....

anarres
24-09-2003, 12:12
It's a well known fact that if you have units in enemy territory in time of war MPP's get triggered.

If you had land units moving through Babylon when they declared war on you any MPP's they had would come in to effect immediately, and you knew about that effect didn't you? If not I am suprised as it is answered in the noobie thread on occasion.

anarres
24-09-2003, 12:13
btw, this effect can be used by humans to get wars declared on any civ in your territory. Just set up MPP's and declare war on the civ on your land. All the MPP's trigger immediately, as soon as you declare war.

Lt. Killer M
24-09-2003, 12:17
anarres, I knew units in land trigger MPPs, but I thought it was only on the next turn, to avoid just this BS!

Grille
24-09-2003, 18:08
You must be getting older, Killer... :D (jaa...ja...sehr flach)

Just like anarres said, you would expect this to happen (and could use it to your own advantage).
But things could get really skrewed up, if the :bash: sniveling Babs had signed the MPP with the morons in Ottomania (or vice versa) after the war was already started. (In your case, I understand that the MPP was in place before Babs attacked)

Anyway, here's a description (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=905295#post905295) of that problem.

Note that I now think that this "instant triggering" would almost EVER take place if ANY MPP was signed during war time. The reason is that your ai foe would certainly try to sign a MPP during its turn with a neutral civ (result: instant triggering if you stay in their territory), but a neutral civ just wouldn't do that (93% sure on this). I'd like to see a report where a neutral civ signed a MPP during their turn with your foe (no matter how the actual ai order of play is). Maybe this *could* happen, then the ai playing order is very important, of course.
This might be rare anyways, thus not the biggest deal after all. But I could imagine that you multi player blokes to not behave like the ai... hehe.

Skyfish
29-09-2003, 13:17
If this was not clear enough, and that I think more about it Killer is actually right : this is a bug.
We encountered this situation in LotR6 and everybody agreed it was a bug.

The third AI should not declare (and attack) while you are in the PRODUCTION phase.

Grille
29-09-2003, 16:03
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

If this was not clear enough, and that I think more about it Killer is actually right : this is a bug.
We encountered this situation in LotR6 and everybody agreed it was a bug.

The third AI should not declare (and attack) while you are in the PRODUCTION phase.

Could it be that the MPP caused war declaration pop-up shown in the pic was kind of delayed (which is of course a buggy thing then)?

I would have guessed that the Battleship near Zariqum (or other units elsewhere) triggered the MPP.

I mean the game engine could have set the "war flag" already, but the graphic pop up was just too lame (?) [???].

Lt. Killer M
29-09-2003, 17:06
Grille, very possible, still idiotic!