PDA

View Full Version : E-mail notifier?

Matrix
23-09-2003, 13:23
Since everyone here plays Play By [u]E-mail</u>'s, I suppose you all know often enough when you got an e-mail. I wonder whether everyone is familiar of the easiness and handiness of e-mail notifiers.

I myself use ICQ. It checks my e-mail every minute and when I receive one I click to open Outlook Express. Before that I didn't play PBEM's, but when I was waiting for an important e-mail, I minimized Outlook Express. But it's very annoying to have something minized all the time: fills up the taskbar and alt-tab menu.

Lt. Killer M
23-09-2003, 13:28
I just keep the Bat open, it has a pop up option that annoys me so much I have it turned off.......

Plux
23-09-2003, 13:36
I used to have Outlook minimized, but that kept crashing, especially during civ3, and would make sounds every minute, regardless if I actually received something. So now I have Mozilla's mail client minimized :). I like it so far, it also has a notification popup, but this one really works.

digger760
23-09-2003, 13:57
i use ICQ and it is linked to my yahoo account for email notifications. I think it is better than hotmail for notications cos it stays flashing until you check what is there. If i walked awat from my pc with hotmail notifications i would miss them.

ERIKK
23-09-2003, 18:41
Since I bought 256MB extra I dont worry anymore about the task bar, I usually have 6 windows open and use alt-tab all the time! :)