PDA

View Full Version : Aggie - Sir Eric *spoiler*

Aggie
22-09-2003, 16:48
I see that Sir Eric has a spoiler for our game, so I will put my thoughts here too for the lurkers.

We play a regent game in which I am India and Sir Eric is Japan. We both managed to conquer almost our entire continents. This is the map at turn 230:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/2003922164354_AgSE250map.jpg
8.53KB

Tech wise I am up by far. I have Steam Power and Industrialization, while Sir Eric still misses Banking, Physics and Military Tradition. I could have tried a conquest withg cavalry, but we both agreed to have peace until the AI is totally gone.

I also lead in the culture department:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/200392216472_AgSE231culture.jpg
35.56KB

But NOT in all important demographics (the Factories aren't ready yet):

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/2003922164831_AgSEdemo231.jpg
25.66KB

Grille
22-09-2003, 22:08
So what are your plans?
Wipe out the weak ais ASAP (respectively after factories being built) and then go for conquest (domination)?
If cultural victory is enabled, what's your civ's cultural value in raw numbers, maybe there's even a chance for 20k (I guess you've built some early nice wonders)?

Aggie
23-09-2003, 17:32
Turn 232:

To answer Grille's questions: in fact, I'm thinking about building factories, coal plants, get ToE and with that Nationalism and Replaceable Parts. I have all the time to go for those techs. I then will draft a number of units (infantry :) ).

Plans after that: possibly an invasion of Sir Eric's core. But I'm not in a rush. I can go for space race and culture as well.

This happened to me in turn 232:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/2003923173154_AgSe232leader.jpg
4.16*KB

I made peace with Gemany after that. The leader is kept to rush ToE.

EDIT: I counted my culture and the turns I needed to win this way. It is out of the question. 13.000 now and 300 turns to go.

Aggie
15-10-2003, 15:08
Turn 244:

We agreed upon peace until turn 250. He is allowed to be the first to strike. BUT, I just sent him a mail that I won't allow him positioning troops within my border with the intention to strike when all sanctions are lifted. I'm not THAT stupid :)

I did get ToE and with that Replaceable Parts. I didn't go for Nationalism, because I thought that I'd have enough time for that. Now things changed. It will be there in 3 turns though, then I will mobilise and draft infantry.

My plan is to get rid of as many units as I can when he attacks, sink his ships with my ironclads and then go for a counterattack. I hope that he will concede when his invasion army is depleted though.

Grille
16-10-2003, 08:17
W/o capable ai civs you have to research nationalism etc on your own; no ToE/HD grab in one go with your theoretically well-timed GL.
:(
Don't know if that "peace until turn 250" was a special coup by Sir Eric, but I guess a (round about) 10 turns delay of that agreement would have been the slow beginning of SE's fast ending... probably no coalplants needed on your side then, plus drafting of infantry possible (if you could run science @ 4-6turns).
OTOH you're likely in a superior position anyways. (Me thinks you'll have some important rail routes and you'll block any easy reachable "good" beachhead tiles).
Keep us (me?) informed, your spoilers are always a good read![goodjob]:)

Aggie
16-10-2003, 08:34
Thanks Grille :)

I have all my cities connected with rails now. I even abandonned a couple of corrupt cities to the west that didn't have a culture expansion yet. Sir Eric could have conquered them easily with his Samurai.

The 'peace until 250 turn on his turn' deal was my suggestion. I felt that I owed him that much after I blocked the last German city, so he wasn't able to get rid of the AI and lift the 'no war' saction that way. We also agreed to end this one before I leave to NZ. I see a couple of galleys sailing around, so Sir Eric is definatelly planning an invasion. Pity for him is that it can't be a sneak attack: He can't sail on the ocean yet.

Also: I am 12 (!!!) techs ahead. Sir Eric still hasn't researched Military Tradition and Banking for example. It appears that he stopped research totally. The AI is all but dead. I have about 30 cavalry at this point. I will probably have 20 more in 6 turns. Combined with drafted infantry Sir Eric will have a tough job indeed.

ProPain
16-10-2003, 13:03
I dunno Aggie, a tough job seems an understatement. Sir eric doesnt have mil trad so no cavs. COnsidering cavs have a hard time against infantry weaker units, like samurai, wont stand a chance. You'll a field day with his invasion force if it's infantry vs samurai and musketmen.

I dont quite get why he would invade in the first place. If he gets 1st strike I would wait untill a better opportunity.

Aggie
16-10-2003, 14:10
I assume that Sir Eric thinks that he is losing this game and that he now should try a desperate attempt. He is welcome to do so, I don't want to hurt him at all. I'm peaceful [mischief]. My choice would be a Space Race.

Once at war with him I won't allow him to make peace with me again. He will not be able to steal techs and therefore will never be able to bridge the technology gap.

Aggie
23-10-2003, 15:09
Turn 250:

Sir Eric is allowed to attack me now. I don't have a reason to go after him, my goal remains Space Race. FYI, Sir Eric still doesn't know Military Tradition (and Banking...), so my infantry can even beat up his strongest unit, the Samurai:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/2003102315847_ASE150military.jpg
81.35*KB

Aggie
26-10-2003, 17:08
Turn 255:

In the last five turns Sir Eric sent a total of 60 samurai, musket, med inf and 35 cannons. The kill ratio was 59 - 6 and I have 35 artillery more in my stack of 40 :D

Puwen
27-10-2003, 12:00
Evil [punch]

Now he is probably in fear for a counter attack on his continent.....
And since you wont attack him(?) it's the true evil [fdevil]

Aggie
27-10-2003, 12:07
I indeed see no reason to attack him. However, the game could take another 100 turns if Sir Eric decides to continue. I will attack him once he gets get close to marines. That would take him 60 turns at least though.

Sir Eric
27-10-2003, 12:53
Congratulations. :goodjob:

When I decided to try and go to war, I didn't realise that you were so far ahead in tech, so I turned tech off so I could rush units.
A few turns after I did that you started to railroad everything and I knew I was screwed and had to attack before you got infantry. So I sent some units to capture that German city cause the rule was no war till all the ai are gone and I needed to attack soon or else I would loose my chance all together.

I have no reason why I didn't research Mil tradition at all, it was a bad move. I guess I was too busy trying to win that made obvious mistakes.

That was a good learning game for me Aggie, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you

Aggie
27-10-2003, 12:58
Thanks as well Sir Eric. I also enjoyed the game very much.

Grille
28-10-2003, 06:09
Congrats, Aggie.

Amongst other things, this game was the final competition of the 'understatement of the year' award. Was a tough fight between you both, but in the end Sir Eric could pull the better one...
:D;)

anarres
28-10-2003, 10:53
[party]

Congrats!