PDA

View Full Version : spoiler PP vs Kemal II

ProPain
19-09-2003, 00:29
Kemal and I started our rematch about 40 turns ago. We play exact same conditions as the first time with the exception of world age and civs played. It's a large map, so lotsa room, but it took me ages to meet my 1st neighbour, cleo.

Screenie:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/200391902922_kem_turn40.jpg
59.83KB

Skyfish
19-09-2003, 10:28
That palace is really out-centered ...what about abandoning it at one stage ?

ProPain
19-09-2003, 11:14
I think it will be abandoned sooner or later. But it's still a bit early for that. First priority is to grab some land and find out where those mofo ai's are. I'm thinking building FP as homeland core city and leader build palace in some conquered colony core. But it's still to early to see what's best. Need to see more of my surroundings first

Especially those mountains seem tobe in the way of me building a beautifull grassy ottoman core [cry]

ProPain
21-09-2003, 12:18
We played a few turns and things are starting to look bleak. I still have only met the egyptians and they clearly met more civs because they have 6/7 more techs than I do [cry]

Because I still haven't met the other civ, even pottery is costing me 200 gold. If I don't meet other civs very soon, I even have to pay that crazy amount of money otherwise I can't build a granary. Even worse, cleo know mysticism and won't sell, I'm still 20 turns away from it, and another 40 from poly, chances are I'm not beating my neighbours to poly. If so I face a really hard time to catch up in tech.

I don't know if Kemal has met more neighbours alrdy but if he's closer to them that would be quite unbalacing imo. We'll just have to wait and see.

ProPain
11-10-2003, 13:34
I met the other civ's shortly after paying a through the nose for pottery. Bought myst and now I'm going the min poly gambit. Hope it works out, I badly need it to succeed.

Kemal has rapidly overtaken me in score, I'm not sure what happened there. Did he hit a nice hut, got a settler fac going or maybe went for early war. I spend some time building granaries so I can speed build settlers to fill the land. All 3 cities have em now, I have 2 settlers on their way to settle the red dots.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/20031011133037_kempp2_1375bc_emp.jpg
85.66KB

ProPain
16-10-2003, 12:55
turn 68:Settled Uskudar (coastal red dot) which also connected furs [party] pulled lux down to 1% and gained 5gpt. The greeks and egyptians invented mapmaking. COuld have been last turn too, didnt check AI then. Zulus still lack it, so I decide to wait untill they have it and then sell my map around. 22 turns untill poly, hope it pays of, on the bright side: it's a large map so research will be slower, increasing my chances to pull it off.

ProPain
17-10-2003, 16:10
Sold my map to greeks and egyptians 2 turns later to avoid getting zilch in case they come my way. Got the wheel, warrior code en egypts TM out of it while throwing in 6gpt iirc.

Good news horsie is close by and I can grab another horse quite easily.

Bought a worker from alex for 6gpt and 6 gold, next turn zulus get MM and because I;m broke (worker) and Shaka too so I can only trade WM for TM [swearwordfilter]. Do it anyway, something's better than nothing after all.[cry]

zzz, build settlers, connect horsie, alternate settlers with chariots, buy a second worker from alexander for same price zzzz

strategy:
All AI's are miles away, I'll post another map tonite but the 3 yellow dots in the minimap 2 post above here turned out to be the northernmost AI settling. Greece is SW and zulus SE. EGyptians are blocking them of from me and possibly from each other (cant see that yet). This probably means that the Greeks or Zulus will declare war on egypt or maybe on each other. I hope at least one will declare on egypt and so delay northern expansion from Cleo. Also knowing the AI, my guess is Shaka will be the first to come knocking on someones door (the warmongering fool)
An early AI war might prove very usefull to me. Especially with all these early UU civs. Rather have em have that GA now instead of during indus age.

My strategy is to expand south and block my lands at the spices height then fill NE corner. In the meanwhile I alternate settler and chariot build mixed in with the occasional spear and worker. warrior/swords will be useless because of the great distance, I need fast units. Also these chariots will upgrade to sipahi and you can never have enough of those !

Techwise I'm hoping the poly gambit will work and then I'll switch to literature (I think) I will ignore IW for a while since swords wont matter soon, I'll need iron when the pikes are necessary and that will take a while. Also I want MMaking and start suicide galleys to find Kemal. So the alphabet line is most important now.

ProPain
12-12-2003, 15:00
Been a while since last spoiler. I went for MapMaking and built first suicide galley to find Kemal. unfortunately it sank after surviving 2 turns :( And before the 2nd galley was finished Kemal found me. [cry]

Off course he traded all stuff around so I ended up with totally broke AI's that all had a tech advantage on me. Kemal and most AI's had entered the MA. Kemal tried to extort me in a friendly manner but eventually we just settled for a 20 turn peace deal.

A little tech brokering was possible as Greeks had republic and england lacked that but had constr. and curr. iirc. Couldn't buy republic because I was to poor [cry] and after 2 turns they all had traded the techs around. In the meanwhile I connected 1 extra lux and finished my first harbor. I buy constr, curr, hbr for horses, furs (only ones i had), spices (only ones I had)16 gpt and 119 gold. I alrdy had workers connecting wines and more spices so the lack of luxes would be just a few turns. Still decided to do it before all starting techs from MA would be gone, if not alrdy so.

I draw engineering as my free tech and it turns out I have a monopoly on that [cool] rest has feudalism. Sell it to egypt for republic, feudalism, TM, 23 gpt and 42 gold.

sell it to other AI's for WM's, 253 gold, wines, spices and furs total. I give Zulus feuda for free after selling them engineering for the spices and furs and sell england engineering for 2 gold just to ruin trade ops for Kemal who's now 2 techs behind me.

use the money to ugrade my army a bit and get an embassy wth the mighty and annoyed egyptians. Makes them cautious again. I need to spend some money because barbs are still rampant around my territory. Go into anarchy, 7 turns to republic.

Map after next turn.

anarres
12-12-2003, 16:16
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Kemal tried to extort me in a friendly manner but eventually we just settled for a 20 turn peace deal."Friendly", as in "Please give me your money or I will kill you."? [lol]

Skyfish
12-12-2003, 17:10
Gotta love the Scientific trait ;)

ProPain
14-09-2004, 23:47
After many months this is still running and I;m getting my ass kicked severely. Kemal has basically conquered 70% of his island while im still in the land grab phase wrap up.

He severely hampered me by declaring war 20 turns after we met and dragged in the whole island. I lost a city, razed an egyptian one and finished of some wandering units, but my military was so weak it was touch and go. I finally made peace again when all AI were in speaking terms again. we agreed on a 40 turn peace deal.

This about to end and Kemal is about an entire age ahead of me. I;m researching gunpowder, he's in IA. I'll post a screenie of this ultimate disaster tomorrow. :)

anarres
15-09-2004, 01:44
Ouch!

ProPain
18-09-2004, 12:57
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/200491812484_510adminimap.jpg
19.67KB

large pic wont upload.[cry][aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh]

Kingreno
18-09-2004, 13:08
Uh...Kemal is Orange right?[hmm]

Why did you allow a French city on your continent? Or does Kemal have Rifles?

ProPain
18-09-2004, 13:10
he got that city from the chinese. He's an age further than I am, basically it all spells doom anyway.

Beam
14-04-2005, 22:24
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2005414222127_az_portal_logo.gif
1.1KB

Melifluous
15-04-2005, 00:48
doctor