PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Sir Eric Vs Aggie

Sir Eric
13-09-2003, 15:32
This game is in a stage of advanced development. Aggie is on 1 continent and has claimed all of that it except for a couple of ai cities and I have done the same with my continent that I am on.

Aggie Indians
Me Japanese

All that is left is for the big war to happen. I think both sides are busy stockpiling[slay]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/2003913152951_AgSE.png
543.88KB

anarres
13-09-2003, 16:16
So what tech are you at?

Sir Eric
15-09-2003, 09:49
I'm researching metalurgy but I know that Aggie is building Newtons Uni which means that he has ToG. I think that he is about 4 techs ahead if not more.

Sir Eric
22-09-2003, 14:14
What's Aggie up to?

I've just had a Tireme coast around his southern cities and noticed that he only has spearman and pikemen guarding his cities!
Aggie is in the Industrial age which is about 4 or 5 techs ahead of me and has access to at least 3 saltpeter so I know that he can have a much better army then what I have seen.
What is he up to!!
I dont know whether to make a preemptive attack on his conitnent with my inferior units or to wait it out and wait for him to attack me.
Aggies cont has more hills and forests so he has a small terrain defensive bonus that I dont.
I dont think that I can catch up from here in the tech race so when we go to war I will be at a disadvantage, making me behind the 8 ball technologically.
My only chance is weight of numbers against a far superior army.

anarres
22-09-2003, 15:16
Attack early and you may catch him unprepared. If you send all your current forces at him you never know what may happen. :D

Sir Eric
23-09-2003, 01:17
This is the plan of attack
Invasion point 1a will land first to draw the attention of the cities Ne and SW of it, then invasion point 1b will land to draw units from the core cities near the capital. Invasion point 2 will land after SoD's have been sighted near invasion point 1b (I'm hoping that these will come from the core cities), I'm hoping that this will mean that Aggie has few units left in those cities. Invasion point 2 will be the size of both invasion points 1a and 1b combined. After invasion point 2 lands then reinforcements will land at Point 1a.
The aim of this is to draw Aggie's units from the main cities and divide them so they cant consolidate.Then attack the core cities to stop further production

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200392312444_AgInvasion.png
833.65KB
Problems with this is vulnerable to sea attacks. Using obselete units compared with Aggie.

Plux
23-09-2003, 02:16
Looks good. Good luck [goodjob]. Make sure you make enough pics of all the action :)

digger760
23-09-2003, 10:16
Are there still any AI left? Did you have some sort of peace agreement?

Lt. Killer M
23-09-2003, 10:24
remember he must know that you have many more troops! good luck!

Sir Eric
23-09-2003, 12:47
yes the agreement was that we dont go to war with each other until the ai is taken care of. I intend to attack the Zulu city in the south and the remaining German cities on my continent and launch ship from that point.

quote:remember he must know that you have many more troops! good luck!
Yes but his strenghts are a better navy, he has magnetism(Galleon, frigate) and poss steam power ( ironclads). Chivalary, though he has war elephants that dont upgrade.

anarres
23-09-2003, 13:07
IIRC War Elephants do upgrade, although I've been wrong quite a lot recently...

Lt. Killer M
23-09-2003, 13:18
they do upgrade

Sir Eric
15-10-2003, 14:31
Ok Aggie and I have agreed to go to war at turn 250 which is in 7 turns from now.
I am busy amasisng as many troops as I can for my mass invaion. I have already landed a few troops on the western tip on Aggies continent. I destroyed 1 German city and I would have taken the other but Aggie has it surrounded with his troop and is blocking my access to it so I cant use that to stage a land based attack from.
This is a current map as I start to move troops into place. One slight problem with my plan is that Aggie now has railroads. And the entire continent is linked up.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/20031015143847_agsewar.png
962.76KB

anarres
15-10-2003, 14:46
quote:Originally posted by Sir Eric

One slight problem with my plan is that Aggie now has railroads. And the entire continent is linked up.And for that you win the "Understatement of the year" award!

ProPain
16-10-2003, 13:11
I'm with anarres on the understatement award.

A few other things, you mention aggie has 3 saltpeter and has entered the industrial era, so he can build better units. Remember saltpeter is only needed for musketmen, both riflemen and infantry dont need em. So if he;s in the indus era, the saltpeter is useless.

and finally a question of a more domestic origin. COuld you try and save your pics in a jpg or gif format. That way they'll be only 10% of their present size. Speeds up the download and saves on the serverspace.

Grille
16-10-2003, 15:22
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I'm with anarres on the understatement award.

And now that I've read this (&...), I'd say this year's award was fought out in a very, very fierce competition...:D;)

Sir Eric
21-10-2003, 22:05
Thank you for this award everyone, It's a dream come true. I'm speech;ess. I'ld like to thank my mum, uncle bob, my big left toe...........

When I first posted the strategy Aggie didn't have railroads at all so it was quite feasable to do it then. Since then he has razed the 6 most western towns on the last map and has drawn all his forces into the main core area.
We have decided to go to war on turn 250 which is 3 turns away, 3 are currently at turn 247.I asked Aggie to do this so we could finish before he heads off to NZ.
I post another pic in the next day or 2 just before the war.
Thanks PP, I'll save as jpeg next time.

Sir Eric
24-10-2003, 08:44
Just sending my boats to the west coast and soon to start a front in the jungle, at least there aggie is restricted by movement. After a few turns I will land a much larger force to the north.

EditI have removed the image cause it was way too big and took too long to load

digger760
24-10-2003, 09:05
which mod uses that wibbly wobbly border?

Lt. Killer M
24-10-2003, 10:22
let's hope he is not setting you up, giving away useless cities to draw you in - and squat you!

ProPain
24-10-2003, 10:35
Thats a strange border mod!

And how's the attack progressing?

Sir Eric
25-10-2003, 05:19
Who wants to piss themselves Laughing? I know I did when I saw this next shot.
Aggie has 39 Infantry coming to say G'day and the best unit I have is Samurai. :lol:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200310255139_Agsewar1.jpg
214.25KB

The border mod was done by Tae Shael at cfc http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59364

So am I screwed or what!!

Skyfish
25-10-2003, 10:09
Infantry...Ouch !

Sir Eric
27-10-2003, 13:04
Well the war is over. I lost very convincingly. In the end I conceded as Aggie defeated my army without working up a sweat.