PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS - SCANDAL ABOUT CDZ MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!

Lt. Killer M
13-09-2003, 11:59
Scandal in National Forest Opening - Insulted Namesache Leaves in Anger

Lander, WY ---- Henry K. M***** reporting
IT WAS TO be a great moment in the life of respected CDZ member W.J. A*****, it turned out the gravest insult possible. The dedication ceremony of the new campground in Shoshone National Forest, which the Dutch entrepreneur and PlayTheWorld expert had sponsored, turned into an international incident that could lead to a serious cooling of US-EU relations.

At the opening ceremony yesterday, both the sign at the campground entrance and the sign at the river now named for A**** included not only a misspelling, missing a 'g', but also wakened unwanted associations that were entirely unintended, says park spokesman Walter Legasthenic, USFS. Hearing this, A**** replied: 'You'd think that with all the effort we spent here, [park management] would at least think to check the spelling of my name! I am deeply disturbed by this!' He refused to comment on the use of the Shoshone word 'popo', meaning 'spring' or 'beginning' in the Native American language, but refers to the backside in German. A*** is known to understand and speak German.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Lt. Killer M/2003913114955_aggiecamp.JPG
315.47 KB
The debated sign at the campground entrance

Park management claims the practice of naming roads, campgrounds and even rivers after distinguished persons involved in preserving natural landscapes and parks. Most famous example is the Roosevelt Drive and National Forest between Yellowstone National Park and Grand Tetons National Park.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Lt. Killer M/2003913115946_aggieriversign.JPG
295.48 KB
The questional sign at the crossing of the former Wildspring River, now Little Popo Agie River

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Lt. Killer M/20039131211_aggieriver2.JPG
269.77 KBA scenic view of the Little Popo Agie River

The crowd at the opening ceremony, 3 drunk hitchhikers and mayor Tom Doodledumb, were equally shocked when informed of the error by members of the press. Say Doodledumb: 'I have long said the Forest Service is inept! Now they go and insult our most active contributor - do they want to hurt the local economy by this?' A sopkesman ssay German and Dutch tourists make up as much as 25% of yearly visitors. Up to now, government officials have refused to comment on this scandal, but an unnamed official at the Dutch embassy called this 'no accident. It remains to be seen if this will further sour US - EU relations.'

Aggie
13-09-2003, 12:13
OMFG [mouth]

They still don't know it. [rotfl]

Sir Eric
13-09-2003, 13:41
Typical of the Americans! They cant spell anything the right way'[crazyeye][nya]

It's Colour not color, Spey not spay (in reference to desexing animals), not to mention the numerous mispronounciations of tomato or Aluminium or potato.[mischief]

ERIKK
13-09-2003, 14:22
[lol]

anarres
13-09-2003, 14:48
'popo aggie' - I'll remember to use it more often! [lol]

Pastorius
04-06-2005, 23:33
[spam]

Socrates
20-07-2005, 16:55
quote:Originally posted by anarres

'popo aggie' - I'll remember to use it more often! [lol]

You just don't want to know what "popo" means for French babies. [cry] St00pid Yanks. :(

Whomp
20-07-2005, 19:04
[lol]
See if only you guys understood what it all meant. See it all derives from Speed Racer, Racer X and Chim Chim....

Really the park was named after Mr. Popo who is a fictional character in the manga Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z and anime Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. He is an immortal djinn. He lives in Kami's Lookout and is the chef there. He also has a flying carpet.

His appearace is strongly suggestive of classical artwork in Hinduism, although he is often confused for a black caricature by American fans.

Kami’s faithful servant, Mr. Popo is very old, and he has served every Kami (Gurdian of the Earth) of the past. His job consists of tending to Kami’s Palace, keeping the lookout clean, and most importantly, taking care of Kami. He also tends to the ancient butterfly garden that he planted thousands of years ago, and enjoys the more simple things in life. While FUNi’s Mr. Popo speaks using complete, highly intelligent sentences, the Japanese version proves him to be a slightly more primitive figure. His grasp of the common tongue is somewhat less than the dubbed version makes it out to be. Though it is not obvious, Mr. Popo is an excellent martial arts master. In Dragonball, Mr. Popo is far stronger than Goku when he first arrives at Kami’s Palace. He trains Goku for 3 years until the boy learns everything he knows. Some of the techniques he teaches Goku later prove valuable, for example the ability to sense ki.

Socrates
20-07-2005, 20:10
DRAGON BALL !!! [eek] Long time no see.

I just checked in my old collection (books), and indeed in the French version that black servant of God is also called "Mister Popo". [blush2] Weird. When you know that in French it means "shit", but for babies (baby language). Anyway, thanks Whomp, I should try to download those Dragon Ball animations someday, somewhere... :)