PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Tunerica Vs Killer

tunerica
11-09-2003, 18:08
After reading some of the other spoiler threads I thought it might be interesting to keep track of my game with Killer and see what feedback I get.

Anyway heres the basic info for our game:

Difficulty: Deity Light (gonna be tough for me, only played well on Emperor in Single Player)
Civs: Egypt(myself)
France(Killer)
6AI (as yet unknown type)
Barbs: Roaming
Other than that I cant remember.

Anyway we are a couple turns in at the moment. Here is an image of my starting position

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/tunerica/200391118627_TVK_strart.JPG

As you can see not much has happened yet, but it is only the beginning.

Kemal
11-09-2003, 19:04
Starting location looks very good! One question though, you say difficulty is "deity light", and usually that means starting off with an additional settler, but I can't see one on your pic. (and I don't think you've let it wander to the south, unless the lands there are even better than to the east!)

So what exactly have you guys agreed upon, do the (after viewing your pic no longer unknown ;)) AIs have no starting units? :)

Puwen
11-09-2003, 20:31
I think they are doing AI start with only 1 settler

prettyvacant
12-09-2003, 13:32
what a lovely start, two cows !! First town to SE, just across the river, to share them? btw i would always irrigate first (before road) even on diety when happiness may be a worry.

not bad A1s - just hope the zulus are near killer. Celts can be a worry cos they can be grumpy too but they are nearly always bottom of the pile.

tunerica
13-09-2003, 06:30
I have no idea what deity light is or means, but we defintitely didn't start with two settlers. I think Puwen was right in that the AI only have one.

I also love my starting position, didn't irrigate it at all, mined it, I don't get an extra food for irrigating it, do I? Well not until I change governments. Anyway I reckon with the two cows and the game, its gonna be tough to decide whether to use this city for mass settler production or maybe develop into a wonder city. Will make that decision once I find more of the map. Current plan of attack:
-build warrior, fortify in city to keep happy
-build another warrior, to go walk abouts
-then either a settler or temple, still not sure about that

anarres
13-09-2003, 14:43
Since you can't use pre-builds I'd go for settler factory...

Aggie
13-09-2003, 15:24
Deity light means that AI has one settler. That's how we defined it in our 'How to make a map request' thread. Killer even specifically pointed out he wanted AI with one settler :)

tunerica
10-10-2003, 14:02
Haven't posted any of the progress for a while so I thought I might put something on now. Not too much has happened, I built my first settler, then in yet another stupid move on my part, I put him on go orders, and as usual the settler was mashed good by a barbarian, needless to say I was a little pissed off with my stupidity. Started building a temple next up hopoing to get the tech and change to granary, no luck though so I will just have to accept the temple then build another settler. The loss of the settler is going to cause a real problem and I may struggle from now.

tunerica
10-10-2003, 15:27
Heres a screen shot notice the carthagarians to the left, not good.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/tunerica/20031010152627_Killer-24.JPG
96.88KB

anarres
10-10-2003, 15:37
:( Gutted.

digger760
10-10-2003, 15:41
you can infact irrigate the cow-

grassland (food/shield/comm) = 2/0/0
+cow = 4/1/0
-despot = 3/1/0

+mine = 3/2/0 or
+irrigate = 4/1/0

To make a 4 turn settler factory aim to have 6sheilds +5 food at size 4 and have built a granary. To do that you need to irrigate a cow

mine cow = 3/2/0
irr cow = 4/1/0
mined bg = 2/2/0
mined bg = 2/2/0
city = 2/1/1

total = 13/8/1
-civ food (2 per pop) =8

= +8 shields + 5 food (it looks like you dont have to mine either cow!!)

with +5 food and granary you will grow to size 5 in 2 turns and get the extra sheilds needed to produce the settler in 4. You can use the game (2/2/0) to maintain the +6 food and grow to 6 in another 2 turns.

turn 1 8 shields to settler
turn 2 (+ pop..now producsing 10 shields) 18 sheilds to settler
turn 3 28 sheilds to settler
turn 4 (+ pop..now producsing 12 shields) build settler
pop to size 4 rinse and repeat.

Without a granary
irr cow = 4/1/0
irr cow = 4/1/0
mined bg = 2/2/0
mined bg = 2/2/0
city = 2/1/1

total = 14/7/1
-civ food (2 per pop) =8

= +6 shields + 6 food (it looks like you dont have to mine either cow!!)

size 4 empty food box
turn 1 6 sheilds to settler, 6 food to box
turn 2 12 sheilds to settler, 12 food to box
turn 3 18 sheilds to settler, 18 food to box
turn 4 (pop, now + 8s/+6f) 26 sheilds to settler) 4 food in the box?? does food carry over?

turn 5 build settler, pop to size 3....hmm other might be able to propose what to do without the granary

I hope i got all that right, feel free to check this.

tunerica
15-04-2004, 06:25
Well after the dismall start that was made in this game I never really expected that the game would still be going this long, and hence never intended to make another post in this forum. But amazingly I am still alive, so, I thought I would give an update. Heres my territory at the moment:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/tunerica/200441561739_post turn 60.JPG
55.23KB

As you can see there have actually been some settlers that have survived (at least 3), don't think I have lost any more along the way but it wouldn't surprise me if I had. As you can see there are two civs right beside me, so far they have been quite peaceful but I think they are obsessed with expanding at the moment. My hope is to maybe get one or two more cities. Will probably build them in the cultural border of my capital. I am currently researching Iron Working (5 or 6 turns to go) hoping that I will get lucky and find Iron in my borders. If I do find iron I will build barracks in all cities and try to get a big army of swordsman to attempt to fight my way out of this crap situation. Other than that the next settler is due in a few turns.

tunerica
15-04-2004, 15:06
A GIFT FROM THE GODS

I just got Iron Working and much to my relief I am going to be able to get access to Iron. Who knows maybe I can salvage something from this game yet, however unlikely.

anarres
15-04-2004, 15:34
Wow! That's some great luck in C3C where resources are scarce. :D

tunerica
26-04-2004, 16:26
Man has my luck changed in this game, although I'm nowhere near being out of trouble yet. After thinking that it was amazing that I got iron in my small area, I decided to try my luck at getting horses by researching the wheel straight away, and to my utter disbelief I am now the proud owner of two sources of horses. This may be what allows me to pull myself out of the huge hole I dug for myself.

anarres
26-04-2004, 16:40
Any chance of some pics? [groucho]

tunerica
26-04-2004, 18:19
Yep no problems, here it is.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/tunerica/200442618178_civ 88.JPG
170.08KB

Pastorius
26-04-2004, 18:23
I see you're not a tight builder. What a cute empire [love]

BTW - what graphics mod is this - snoopy+others?

tunerica
27-04-2004, 03:00
Sorry Paalikes, not sure what the graphics mod is, I installed a patch that added the Polish as a new civ to see what they had done (cause I'm trying to make my own Australian Civ), and as well as adding the civ it changed the graphics.

tunerica
27-04-2004, 13:21
Heres a bit of a rundown of what my current plans are, build barracks in all cities, and then since I have horses now, I will start to build War Chariots in all those cities, then once I am convinced that I have enough units I will probably choose to fight India, cause a fight against the Carthage would be too costly given their good defence. Fairly simple, but I think that is the best way for me to get out of this.

anarres
27-04-2004, 13:46
I would squeeze another city or two in as well, otherwise unit costs will hold you back.

Remember with your GA you can get WC's in 2 turns if your lands are well developed, so it's probably worth getting a few more workers out.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Temples at all - that's 3 WC's each! :)

tunerica
13-05-2004, 12:10
Just a short update.

Took your advice Anarres and built one more city, thought about a second but in the end decided to go with your other idea and build some more workers. Also stopped building the temples as well and went for barracks and then War Chariots. Anyway started to build up a bit of a force and contemplating fighting the Indians, thinking I better get in before it is too late, when I hear that they have completed the great wall, not good. I am thinking though that I will fight anyway, I have to, not in a good position at the moment. What I need to decide though is whether to fight the Indians and take a risk against their walls, or do I fight the Carthage or Greece, both with their unique units as defence. Not really sure which I would have a greater chance of beating. Any suggestions would be of great help. Either way I will be fighting someone.

anarres
13-05-2004, 13:04
TBH you are probably best going after the one with walls, otherwise you will be fighting a civ in a GA...

tunerica
13-05-2004, 14:46
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm screwed.

Killer haas come with a stack of units to attack. That I could handle, however, due to his recently established position of power he has brought India, Carthage, and Greece with him, maybe someone else too, can't remember who though. Not good, this game will be over soon. The only positive thing, I should get my golden age.

tunerica
13-05-2004, 16:21
GAME OVER

My country put up very little resistance, maybe killing 3 of Killers swordsman, whilst taking many losses myself.

Much congratulations to Killer on his win.

Learnt many lessons in this game about PBEMs and how the same things that work in SP don't necessarily work in PBEM. Hopefully next game I will be more competitive.

Pastorius
13-05-2004, 16:48
quote:Originally posted by tunerica

GAME OVER

My country put up very little resistance, maybe killing 3 of Killers swordsman, whilst taking many losses myself.

Much congratulations to Killer on his win.

Learnt many lessons in this game about PBEMs and how the same things that work in SP don't necessarily work in PBEM. Hopefully next game I will be more competitive.

Strangely, I am learning that myself, in a game with Killer...
Talked to him yesterday iirc, when he told me about...hehe...your fate...destiny...or destruction rather.

Lt. Killer M
14-05-2004, 18:59
Tunerica, thanx for the game!

You *should* have told me about your goto-error; we could have gone back t20 turns and corrected it!

I hope the next game will be a bit more competitive between us - this one was highstrung with tension for me due to the extreme proximity of Greece, but once I had managed to get iron and mass-upgrade 12 Warriors.......