PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Sir Eric Vs Turner

Sir Eric
11-09-2003, 15:36
Level Regent
Map Pangea
Turner Ottomans
Me Babylonians
AI Chinese, French, Egypt, Greece, so far.

The game so far...
It's currently the year 1050bc. I have just waged a succesful mini war with China, I took 2 cities captive and razed a size 1 city. One of those cities was close to my border and has 2x spices. I used Bowman exclusively, and 1 or 2 spearman, which were quite succesful but as a result I am in a very early golden age. This was done over a period of 2-3 turns. They sued for peace and offered 1x tech (dont remember which) that I didn't have so I took it.
Turner and I have both agreed to not attack each other until we have defeated the ai. This sounds like a good idea as I want at least one pbem game to go until the modern era if possible.

Early standings
My Military advior tells me that we have a strong army compared to the Ottomans. But compared to China we have an average size army. So I may be going to war with them again some time soon. They have no acces to horses, I have access to the only 2 horses in our region... and they're getting squat from

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/2003911142542_SETurner2.png
751.04KBme!!

This first image is the minimap

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Sir Eric/200391114171_SETurner.png
903.62KB

The second one has my cities on it

Aggie
11-09-2003, 16:22
Is orange the Ottomans? Then you are very close to each other [eek]

anarres
11-09-2003, 16:32
Maybe you should agree to kill the AI on your starting landmass only? I see so many games with 1-tile AI islands, it would be a shame to have them pop up...

Sir Eric
12-09-2003, 01:02
Yes this was a randonmly generated map. I didn't know about the map makikng forum when we got this game going. The Egyptians (yellow) are next on my list. The only ting whith that is if I attack the Egyptians then Turner wont have land acces to the area north and west of where the Egyptians are. This gives me more land to control then him thus more cities to pump out more units.