PDA

View Full Version : RCP and mobilisation exploit fixed in Conquests!!!

anarres
07-09-2003, 15:20
Posted @ CFC by DaveMcW in the RCP/corruption exploit thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1218330#post1218330):
quote:This is from the Conquests beta test channel. So they will at least be fixing it in the expansion.

<Ed-Firaxis> good news... Ring build, palace corruption exploit, and mobilization exploit fixed
<Ed-Firaxis> Yes
<Ed-Firaxis> I Suxor
<Friedrich> PM me a link to an explanation of it?
<Chieftess> There's a couple of threads on CFC, but the search has been disabled.
<Ed-Firaxis> Basicly if you have a forbidden palace, with a city closer to it then the capital it determines its rank by.....
<Ed-Firaxis> wait.....
<Ed-Firaxis> this is hard to explain
<Friedrich> LOL
<Friedrich> No need, Ed, just say "it is fixed"
<Chieftess> But, I have wondered why corruption seemed to do strange things at times
<Ed-Firaxis> it is fixed
<Ed-Firaxis> The dude that found this has way to much free time :)That's pretty amazing to me that they've fixed RCP! I wonder how they will cope with lots of cities all at the same distance - I can't see how they could fix it without changing from integer calculations. [confused]

I *hope* the mobilisation exploit refered to is the new one and not just the old one (i.e. a fix to mob as it is in 1.27, not just the 1.27 fix).

DrAlimentado
07-09-2003, 15:32
w00t!

Plux
07-09-2003, 16:14
Anarres, you cross-poster ;)

Lt. Killer M
07-09-2003, 16:49
well, I guess they realiazed what a huge impact the bugs have.....

Cartouche Bee
07-09-2003, 17:37
Saying this is fixed, is a little shallow. Sounds like a PR guy to me. it's kind of like saying that MP was fixed. [rolleyes]

Shabbaman
08-09-2003, 08:20
quote:Originally posted by anarres
<Ed-Firaxis> The dude that found this has way to much free time

So, now they're already making fun of their customers? [wallbash]

yndy
08-09-2003, 15:09
I can only hope they did not 'fix it' overnight.

If so, I fear that something along the lines of 'there's no corruption for all cities at distance over 50 from both Palace and FP' will be discovered.

I only wonder what 'improved AI' means in 'Conquests'. Could they have reviewed basic tactics and taught the AI to counter them?

Gothmog
08-09-2003, 17:43
hope springs eternal

anarres
08-09-2003, 17:57
shit spews forth ;)

jack merchant
08-09-2003, 20:32
I think there's another Firaxis chat coming up soonish - maybe we should invade it ?

anarres
09-09-2003, 09:59
Yes - lets do that. We can make sure we have a list of major questions...

smalltalk
11-09-2003, 19:07
quote:Originally posted by anarres
That's pretty amazing to me that they've fixed RCP! I wonder how they will cope with lots of cities all at the same distance - I can't see how they could fix it without changing from integer calculations. [confused]
Maybe rank will not depend on distance from capital anymore, but on the order of city creation?

Grille
15-09-2003, 19:43
... or on a somewhat strange calculation that takes some time to figure out (at least until civ4 is published & unless civ4 is worth playing over civ3) [lol]

Cartouche Bee
21-11-2003, 02:21
quote:Originally posted by Cartouche Bee

Saying this is fixed, is a little shallow. Sounds like a PR guy to me. it's kind of like saying that MP was fixed. [rolleyes]

Well, these are the issues that kept me from wasting my time doing beta testing. As far as I'm concerned, since the RCP solution ended up so far off target the entire beta test was basically useless. I'm not surprised at all with the half baked resolution that was passed off as an enhancement and frankly don't buy into this type of economic bleeding of lambs.