PDA

View Full Version : ERIKK vs Aggie PBEM *Spoiler*

Aggie
18-03-2003, 19:09
Yesterday ERIKK and me started our PBEM.

Aggie: Egypt
ERIKK: Persians
6 random civs
Difficulty: Emperor
Landmass: Pangea
Barbarians: not Raging
Everything else random

Map was made by Col (thanks ;))

Let's see how I do in my first PBEM....

Aggie
18-03-2003, 19:20
We played 32 turns yesterday.

I got a pretty good start with a river, two grassland tiles with food bonus and food plains. After the first culture expansion Thebes got furs in it's boundaries. Another luxury, wines, also isn't far. I counted four rivers already in my direct neighbourhood.

Also met the first AI civ: The Celts. Nice to meet a civ with a powerful early UU at this point in the game :(. At least they like me because their favorite government is despotism...

Including trade I managed to get Pottery, Bronze Working and the Wheel. Next is Iron Working...

Horses are near, but close to the Celts' second city.

anarres
18-03-2003, 19:26
Aggie, you can use the Gallic Swords against the AI.

There will be much fewer of them, and they should be easy enough to pick off in you own territory. Just don't go looking for a fight unless you can scram back home quickly. :)

Aggie
18-03-2003, 19:27
I did something stupid yesterday: I mailed MY 15th turn to ERIKK (I renamed it; he didn't know what he was going to see...). So he knows where on the map I started and possibly also has a clue regarding my early expansion potential :(

Aggie
18-03-2003, 19:30
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Aggie, you can use the Gallic Swords against the AI.

There will be much fewer of them, and they should be easy enough to pick off in you own territory. Just don't go looking for a fight unless you can scram back home quickly. :)

They are expensive, that's right. But the AI can build cheaper on emperor...

Aggie
18-03-2003, 20:34
We continued tonight. Managed to settle my third town near the horses. They're mine[8D].

In turn 39 I make contact my other neighbours.... The always friendly Japanese :( They give me warrior code for 1 gpt and 49 gold

Aggie
18-03-2003, 22:33
Turn 52.

I've got 6 cities and overtook ERIKK in the histograph (how important [:o)](. Well at least it gives me the feeling that I'm not far behind at the moment. Just bought Iron Working from the Japanese. I have iron! In the place 'What', which also has the resource horse. Good thing I got there before the Celts.

Turn 55.

That's enough playtime for today. At this speed, we finish the game before april :) I'm in the expansion phase right now. One settler is going to block the Japanese from nice terrain in the north. Three others are being built at the moment...

anarres
19-03-2003, 02:51
That's a *really* fast pace you two are setting. Be warned though, I am stealing ERIKK back for a couple of days until I finish him in mine. ;)

Can you post a territory map for us?

Aggie
19-03-2003, 07:52

That's a *really* fast pace you two are setting. Be warned though, I am stealing ERIKK back for a couple of days until I finish him in mine. ;)

Can you post a territory map for us?

At our pace I think ERIKK is able to play four turns while he is waiting for you :)

Picture, great idea....ehm, how do I do that [?]

anarres
19-03-2003, 13:40
quote:Picture, great idea....ehm, how do I do that Aggie, read this thread:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=98

Aggie
19-03-2003, 21:38
ERIKK and I played three more turns. I think that we will make contact next turn (friday). It won't take long before we know everyone...

Aggie
19-03-2003, 23:41
This is my territory...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/aggieERIKK58.JPG

Aggie
21-03-2003, 08:31
We finally met... ERIKK was ahead in technology, but I knew the rest of the world, I had something to trade. I couldn't get writing from the AI, so I was happy with the deal I made with ERIKK. He got two contacts and 30 gold.

One turn later I managed to buy the last tech I lacked (horseback riding. So now everyone is at tech parity. Except for a few backward AI civs.

I'm probably the biggest civ right now, but with the weakest military. It looks like ERIKK is planning an early attack on a neighbour, judging is slower growth and bigger military. Obvious choice with immortals. I seem to have enough room to expand to the north, so I probably will keep on building for a while.

Shabbaman
21-03-2003, 10:58
Get the romans before they get legions.

Aggie
21-03-2003, 11:40
I might just do that, but I have to find them first ;)

Shabbaman
21-03-2003, 12:00
Oh crap. I thought the reds were romans... But they're the japs I see.
Hey, one more thing. Since you're playing with the Egyptians, you can rush temples by whipping in size 2 cities. This can give you a huge advantage (since culture production doubles after 1000 years)!

Aggie
21-03-2003, 12:14
They are the Japs. Also not very good neighbours during the middle ages..... What about the celts south of me ;)

And I'm indeed rushing the temples. I started with the boundary cities. I'm first in culture now. Thanks for the tip.

Aggie
21-03-2003, 22:01
We continued our PBEM tonight and we are now at turn 74. I am technologically advanced and have two techs ERIKK doesn't have: Mathematics and Polytheism. He doesn't want to trade...

The both of us are no 1 and 2 on the histograph now.

EDIT: One turn later things changed a little. ERIKK managed to be the first to trade maps will all the AI. So am left standing, with only 50% of the map at the moment and no T/M of ERIKK yet... This is what I know now. ERIKK established an embassy at Thebes...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/aggieERIKK_world.JPG

Aggie
22-03-2003, 12:19
We rapidly progress in this game and are playing turn 85 atm.

I've got temples in most of my cities now. This makes me the cultural leader... My southern neighbours the Celts are very weak. I'm producing warriors now that I will upgrade to swords once my iron is connected. But before I can do that, I need more money... Wit 25 swords I will start my attack...

ERIKK appears to have a weaker military at the moment. Really wondering what he is up to...

Aggie
22-03-2003, 15:37
I finally got the opportunity to get a complete view on the world (turn 95 - see Open thread)). I had to pay a high price to the Arabs (2 techs), but I needed to know the world and ERIKK's empire. His empire is about as big as mine, but he has more room to expand. In fact, I'm almost finished with my peaceful expansion. Soon war is needed. The Celts lack iron, so they are stuck with 2 attack and 2 defense, even in the early middle ages.

Aggie
23-03-2003, 13:26
ERIKK and I continued today and progressed to turn 104. Two turns ago I got monarchy (for quite a bit of gpt and dyes to Japan) and since I am religious, I switched to this government type immediately. Now I can go to war against the Celts without wasting the golden age with my UU...

The Celts do have Iron in their borders, but for some reason it was not connected with roads... :)

Aggie
23-03-2003, 14:34
Turn 107, I have to change my priorities:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AggieERIKK_Japwar2.JPG

This is what I get from the first battles:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AggieERIKK_Goldenage.JPG

Aggie
23-03-2003, 16:58
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/aggieERIKKfullwar.JPG]
Needless to say that the s**t hit the fan in turn 113. ERIKK told me that he sold iron to the Celts. That will give them the Celtish swordsman :( I'm very lucky that the Celts are very weak and Japan already lost two cities to me. Also I'm happy that I got the Romans and Aztecs in a war just before ERIKK got the world against me. Maybe they turn their attention to each other, not to me... I'm confident that I can beat the AI, but what will ERIKK do?

Melifluous
23-03-2003, 17:02
Hey Aggie,

That ERIKK is a naughty naughty man no?

Kick all their asses and ERIKKs too

Melifluous

anarres
23-03-2003, 17:14
Aggie, when I did this to ERIKK last game and it backfired, I found that by playing very defensivly it was possible to take the sting out of the oncoming stacks.

Do you know if any of your neighbours have mounted units yet?

Aggie
23-03-2003, 17:18
Thanks you two :) You have to know that I'm the strongest military at the moment. I already conquered one Celtish city and the Japanese are strugling as well...

In the north there's still a war between the Aztecs and the Romans going on. This gives me the time the strengthen the forces up there.

I do not expect an attack from Persia, China or Arabia. ERIKK knows that I'm strong. I think that's one of the reason for this move...

EDIT: PS I meant to go to war to conquer some Japanese and Celtish cities already. Only the north worries me a bit. Only a bit :D

Aggie
23-03-2003, 20:11
We progressed to turn 123 and I managed to capture Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara. After that Japan had no problems with peace :D . This deal also gave me currency and construction for gpt. Should ERIKK renew the MA against me, I will have purchased those techs for a nice price [:p] After this I got an MA with Japan vs the Chinese for dyes.

Let them kill each other while I concentrate on the Celts [}:)]

anarres
23-03-2003, 20:40
hehe, sounds like it is under control. :)

Melifluous
23-03-2003, 20:45
Dont sound much like Emperor to me though :(

Melifluous

Aggie
23-03-2003, 20:58
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Dont sound much like Emperor to me though :(

Melifluous

That's right Meli, I don't understand it either... Do you think we are in fact playing chieftain? No, can't be THAT bad :(

EDIT: I checked an old save. It's emperor... Looking at the shield production benefit.

Aggie
23-03-2003, 21:36
Turn 126: Time for peace on MY terms. The Romans, Arabs, Aztecs and Celts agree to pay a bit for it. After that I gave a little contribution for:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AggieERIKKdiplo129.JPG

Aggie
24-03-2003, 22:36
Well, at turn 133 ERIKK offered peace. Who could decline such a wonderful offer :)

What a nice guy he is. He gave my troops free training. Allowed me to capture a couple of cities and kept me on tech parity.

In the meantime I kept on building those cultural improvements. First temples, then cathedrals and finally libaries. Colosseums will also be on the build queue. After the marketplaces that is...

The AI is at war. This concerns me a bit, because they pick on China. One of ERIKK's neighbours and a bolster to my empire. ERIKK's other neighbour Arabia looks strong however. And they have the Ansar Warrior now.... Who knows, they may come in handy [}:)]

Aggie
26-03-2003, 22:41
At turn 145, I'm slowly getting behind in tech. ERIKK seems to outpace the AI that is fighting with each other. I am building marketplaces ASAP now to get the cash flow going. Gunpowder is for sale. The best price from the AI is 700 gold. I offer 25 gpt to ERIKK and he accepts. Guess this means 20 turns more peace between the two of us...

I will again turn my attention to the Celts. ERIKK won't be able to do something about it with that deal going... Well, he also has the chance to conquer someone now...

Aggie
27-03-2003, 22:48
Turn 149.

My economy is growing rapidly. I make enough to pay for tech. This makes it possible to concentrate on city improvements and the build up of the army. The Japanese, Celts and Chinese are in constant war for 30 turns. Perfect victims. I might be waiting for military tradition, but then ERIKK may be able to interfere. And the Celts lack saltpeter...

Aggie
28-03-2003, 18:56
Turn 150: ERIKK declared war on China. And got alliances with the whole world except me and Japan. Probably Japan is next on his list. If he gets what he wants, we will be neighbours. My military is not strong enough yet, but within 10 turns I really must take out as many Celt and Japanese cities as I can...

Aggie
28-03-2003, 21:00
Turn 154: ERIKK wants to sell me Chemistry for 30 gpt and 75 gold. This is far lower than the best AI price... (46 gpt). And I will probably be able to sell it to China. They have money and only I am not in war with them :).

Aggie
28-03-2003, 22:02
Turn 155-156:

I sell China Chemistry and horses. I got a nice price AND the Chinese are able to get riders now. Extra bonus: they will be able to trigger their GA and ERIKK will have a harder time beating them up :).

I on the other hand build up knights and decide to research printing press (done in 8). I suspect that ERIKK goes for Military Tradition. It would be nice to earn a buck on tech research...

Aggie
28-03-2003, 23:30
Turn 160:

ERIKK doesn't appear to be impressed by the Chinese riders. They won't last very long.

In the meantime I'm building up my troops. I will probably attack within 5 turns. The Celts just built Sun Tzu in Entremont. This city is 2 tiles away from my border...

Aggie
29-03-2003, 01:33
Turn 161 - 163:

The Celts finish Sun Tzu in Entremont. I want to have that wonder before ERIKK can get it, so I decide to attacks the Celts. The RNG was in my favor: no losses during the siege of [:p]:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/aggieERIKKentremont.JPG

I forgot one thing however: The Celts blockade my trade route to Persia and Arabia now. I had a trade deal with Arabia, so now my reputation got a nasty hit... :(

The Celts didn't have the power to counter-attack after my first blow...

ERIKK will soon have Leo, because the Chinese found it more important to build that wonder than to defend their land against Persia...

Aggie
29-03-2003, 08:09
Turn 164:

I got Printing Press. While trading I immediately felt the effect of my 'broken' deal with Arabia. It was next to impossible to give gpt... Luckily the rep hit doesn't affect selling for gpt. So I got about 50 gpt from trading the tech.

Rome and Japan agreed to allie vs the Celts. In that war I manage to capture Righborough as well...

Aggie
29-03-2003, 08:10
Demographics turn 164:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/aggieERIKK165demographics.JPG

Aggie
29-03-2003, 18:23
Turn 165: I decided to get a settler to build a city in my desert in the centre of my empire. I then will give that city -Chinatown- to the Chinese. ERIKK won't be able to kill China and end the MA's then. That would otherwise happen within three turns. To conquer that last city and wipe out the Chinese he would have to cross Japanese and Egyptian territory - my territory. I won't let him :)

So he'll be stuck with a 10 turn alliance vs the Chinese with Japan and Arabia. Possibly his next victims. Gives me the opportunity to kill the Celts and Japan without disturbance. And then focus on the Romans and Aztecs.

anarres
29-03-2003, 19:45
So what did you and ERIKK decide about the human-AI interaction in the end?

I think it's a great, cunning plan. :)

Aggie
29-03-2003, 20:05

So what did you and ERIKK decide about the human-AI interaction in the end?

I think it's a great, cunning plan. :)

We decided that the AI civs are our tools ;) However, we stick to the deals we make between us and the AI. I must admit that I broke that when I declared war to the Celts. My deal with the Arabs stopped, because the trade route went through Celtisch territory. This was largely not in my favour however: broken rep, luxury gone...

One thing that worries me about the AI being our tools: ERIKK is first in every turn, so he'd be able to make deals before I do. He can get the world against me before I can.

And thanks :)

Aggie
30-03-2003, 18:19
Turn 167: Chinatown founded

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/aggieERIKKchinatown.JPG

Aggie
30-03-2003, 21:56
Chinatown did it's duty. I got the gpt trade deal with China to a decend end. But in turn 178 the Arabs razed the city.

Turn 176:

I'm able to get the world against ERIKK after he decided not to. But instead I re-negotiate peace for 20 more turns. As long as ERIKK doesn't have the Chinese empire and Leo, I feel I can have my way on Japan and Rome...

Turn 177:

The Celts are almost gone. They only have one city left, near Arabia. I was able to obtain silks from the Celts the hard way and also the trade route to ERIKK and Arabia re-opened. I've got furs and wines for Arabia and Metallurgy is due in two turns...

ERIKK is in anarchy. Does he have democracy already?

Aggie
31-03-2003, 20:41
Turn 184: I'm the first with Military Tradition. Science is going very well!

I decide not to trade it. It will at least take 5 turns for another to get it, becasue in the last round metallurgy wasn't for trade yet. Japan, beware [}:)]

anarres
31-03-2003, 20:59
So are you going to capitalise and get some more land before the others start getting riflemen, or can you hit ERIKK now while you have the military advantage?

Aggie
31-03-2003, 21:12
Well, I am at war with the Japanese. They'll be dead in 3 turns.:D

anneres: ERIKK and I have a peace deal that still lasts for 15 turns. I didn't know he wouldn't go for MT.:( I'm going to grab as much land as I can now. And hope for that freakin' leader...

Aggie
31-03-2003, 21:27
Turn 186: ERIKK has MT now! How did het get THAT? Espionage?

Aggie
31-03-2003, 23:30
Turn 189:

Sorry warmongers... ERIKK and I decided to have peace until turn 216. I said yes, to focus on the Arabs.

My rep is gone since my war vs the Celts, because of the blocked trade route. So, the Arabs are ERIKK's best trade partner and of no use to me. ERIKK will have to watch to see his best friend attacked by me, the Romans and the Aztecs...

Well, that's my plan... I've got 27 turns to do it. But first: build up the military!

Aggie
02-04-2003, 18:36
Turn 193:

I have to go through the Aztec empire to get to Arabia. Rome, Arabia and the Celts want to join the party! Arabia is next on the list, to cut off ERIKK from Rome and leaving me in the best spot to go for domination.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/aggieerikk193aztecwar.JPG

Aggie
03-04-2003, 00:36
ERIKK doesn't seem to like my move. I understand that, but he also mentions an agreement: the world should be at peace for quite a while. We discussed it, but I never agreed. That would have been stupid imho. I have a bad rep (unintentially broken trade route) so ERIKK can trade as much as he likes while I sit and watch. Sorry, that ain't gonna happen...:( I only agreed with the longer peace deal because it would allow me to cripple even more AI...

To be perfectly clear about what we talked about:

ERIKK and I first agreed to have a peace deal until 216. A few turns later ERIKK suggests that the world should be peacefull. I mentioned that I understand that from his position and that I also understand that the AI wants it. So the world peace discussion took place a couple of turns after our peace deal.

Aggie
03-04-2003, 00:40
Another thing not in my favour: ERIKK is first up in the turn. This means that he can act on expired deals first (have the world against me as soon as we are at turn 216 for example). We also seem to have the same tech speed. I had three occasions already that ERIKK and I discovered a tech in the same turn. He trades it with the AI and I'm left standing.

I didn't realise at the start of the game how much of an advantage ERIKK has with this.

That's another reason to act now while we still have 23 turns of peace. A lot can happen in that time and ERIKK must make a desicion.

anarres
03-04-2003, 14:22
I think the AI deals expire in the turn that they were made, so any deals you ahve with the AI end in your turn.

When making treaties with ERIKK part of the treaty should be when it ends. In my last game with ERIKK I insisted our peace treaty ended after his turn and before mine, so I would get first right of attack.

Aggie
03-04-2003, 14:53
Thanks anarres. I didn't know that :) And indeed next time I take care when accepting a deal with a human player. Especially when the player might 'sneak-attack'.

I just re-read the ERIKK vs anarres thread. It is history repeating :) Misunderstanding all over the place. But this time it can't be the language. We made our deals in dutch [8D]

In ERIKK's defense: I wasn't very clear about the world peace issue Monday. Because I didn't want to reveal my plans. If I would have said "I'm not OK with it", he would attack before me. So I decided to say nothing about it, except agreeing that peace would be good for the AI and ERIKK...

anarres
03-04-2003, 22:01
I don't think you did anything wrong concerning the treaties.

Misinformation is a large part of warfare. :)

Aggie
04-04-2003, 08:49
One other thing that really bugs me: I haven't had a leader in this game yet:( Despite all the warmongering.

Aggie
04-04-2003, 21:07
Turn 199:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AE199pyramids.JPG

Well guess they will help me to get my empire to grow :) The Aztecs are almost gone. Rome is a very big help. Obviously they are not the next on my hitlist.

Turn 200: I have magnetism, a tech ERIKK lacks! He doesn't want to trade, but at least I am the one to get something from the Arabs. Be it a little thing like democracy... TOG is due in 4! Maybe I'm strong enought to actually go for a space race win! Well, why would I?[}:)]

Aggie
05-04-2003, 00:29
Turn 205:

In the open thread at CFC, you can see that I managed to get 2 techs and 200 gold for a non-aggression pact. I did this, because ERIKK would surely break our peace treaty. I wouldn't for domination, so something had to happen. ERIKK payed a high price, but still I think he's in a great position. The Arabs are broke however...

I think that I had a good shot on domination, but ERIKK would never have allowed that. And I was not sble to attack Rome and Arabia and at the same time keep the defense up at home.

Aggie
05-04-2003, 11:29
Turn 209:

Close to Thebes I'm able to build:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/agek209IW.JPG

anarres
05-04-2003, 15:48
Nice, Iron Works will give you an excellent wonder-building city I hope!

Aggie
06-04-2003, 00:36
Yes, but I'm afraid that ERIKK will beat me to TeO.

Aggie
06-04-2003, 17:39
Turn 221:

ERIKK is building TeO and I don't have Electricity yet. I do have Industrialization and I'm the only one so far. I try to get my cities to produce as much as possible (factories). My next tech will be replaceable parts. For the infantry and the artillery.

The military option is the only one left for me. Problem: Rome and Arabia have MPP's with ERIKK (also with me by the way). They won't accept a tech for war vs ERIKK.

Aggie
11-04-2003, 15:19
I will lose this game. I made a lot of mistakes and these are the most important ones imho;
- My attack vs the Celts cut off my trade route to Arabia. They ongoing deal was cancelled and my rep was ruined for the rest of the game. It took me a long time to get democracry for example, because I couldn't pay gpt...I wasn't trusted.
- ERIKK was first to play and trade in every turn. I did not make any agreements with him about being a bit more fair regarding trading. In the end of the middle ages, ERIKK and I discovered techs in the same turn 3 times in a row. He managed to sell them and make a lot of gpt. I was left standing. I wasn't able to research at max at that time (less income). ERIKK got further and further ahead and now I'm backward.
- It was a mistake to agree with altering our peace deal until 216. The alternative deal just wasn't honest and I fell for the short term benefit. It would have been better to let him break that deal. I threw away my only chance to win: domination.

Now I'm researching Replaceable Parts to get infantry and artillery. I hope that ERIKK needs more time, but I think it would be a huge mistake of him not to research it atm. If he then sells the tech to Rome and Arabia, they will be even more difficult to conquer.

After getting rep parts, I will virtually stop the research and build up a huge army to conquer Rome and hold off ERIKK. One thing of hope: when ERIKK attacks me, the MPP with Arabia will force the Arabs to invade Persia...

Luckily I was able to renew the MPP without having to pay.

Aggie
12-04-2003, 18:38
Turn 236:
I discover Espionage. Building IA now. Science goes to 0%. Better to steal it than to research myself now.

Only production I do now is: factories, coal plants and military (cavalry, infantry, artillery). Rome has to go and hopefully Arabia will help me.

My production level almost matches that of ERIKK. In all other cateogries he is far ahead I fear.

Aggie
12-04-2003, 20:31
Turn 240: I'm stronger than Arabia and Rome now. ERIKK has a military as strong as mine. I expect that I will attack Rome between now and 5 turns. This will trigger ERIKK's MPP. I wonder if ERIKK dares to actually attack me and trigger the MPP vs Arabia.

Aggie
12-04-2003, 20:52
Turn 241:[lol] I just stole 'The Corporation' from ERIKK. Now I'm going to sell it to the Arabs, before ERIKK can [lol]

Aggie
12-04-2003, 23:21
Turn 244:

Overview of the military. ERIKK is light on his military it seems.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AgEk245.JPG

Time to attack! I kill one of his guerillas in Arab territory. Didn't trigger any MPP [}:)]. Did I make a mistake? We'll see...

anarres
12-04-2003, 23:43
What are you going to do with this information? [ponder]

Aggie
12-04-2003, 23:45
I'm going to attack! In fact, I did already.

ERIKK is a snake crawling in the desert. His troops are not in Thebes. They are on the run!

anarres
13-04-2003, 00:15
PICS PLEASE!

Aggie
13-04-2003, 00:24

PICS PLEASE!

Ehm....we ARE at war, but afraid because of the MPP's with the AI. We didn't attack within each others borders yet. You have to be patient, but there's going to be a bloodbath [}:)]

By the way: I haven't played the next turn yet, after my declaration of war.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 00:43
Turn 245: an immediate steal gives me electronics :D

Here's the front-line:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AgEr245front.JPG

This should hold off ERIKK while I pay Rome a visit :) More news will follow shortly!

Aggie
13-04-2003, 08:03
Question: it's war-time. I'm slower in production than ERIKK. Should I mobilize? I want to do it, because I have built all improvements I wanted in my core cities and now only want to focus on military.

col
13-04-2003, 10:03
No question then. Double your production. If you're careful not to invoke the 'bug' then I see no reason not to.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 10:11
quote:Originally posted by col

No question then. Double your production. If you're careful not to invoke the 'bug' then I see no reason not to.

Ehm...what bug?

col
13-04-2003, 11:41
There's a bug whereby you can ramp up your shields to any value by switching between builds. Thats why GOTM had banned mobilisation in their games. You can build anything in one turn if you want!

It was discovered on RBCiv. You can get details there or on CFC if you search on mobilisation iirc.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 13:20
Thanks col. I don't want to win that way. I'll be careful :)

Aggie
13-04-2003, 15:07
Turn 246:
I managed to steal refining!! Also Arabia agreed to renew the MPP for 100 gold!!! Rome agreed to renew for free. The one with Rome is only there to ensure that ERIKK doesn't get ideas.

My army is now stronger than any on the planet. Still, I wait a bit because I have to fight at least two civs.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 16:19
Turn 247: I just told ERIKK that he is in war with Rome. My attack on the Roman empire triggered the Arab MPP when Rome tried to recapture one of their three lost cities. Rome then went after Arabia, triggering ERIKK's MPP. Arabia managed to capture a Roman city as well.

ERIKK has the IA too now. He knows that I'm strong and therefore probably drafted 20 infantry.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 19:06
Turn 249:
I stole Electronics from ERIKK. Another immediate steal with results. Damn I'm lucky [dance]. I managed to tade it with the Arabs for Steel.

Aggie
13-04-2003, 22:04
Turn 252: Took Veii and Sistine [cool] The Arabs help me razing the place, allowing me to settle. I believe I'm at tech parity with ERIKK now.

Aggie
14-04-2003, 12:42
Turn 253:
I cancelled the ROP with Arabia. Once Rome is gone, I'll kill most the Arab troops, because they are in my territoy now to beat up Rome(in the former Roman empire). Once Arabia is weakened, I turn my attention to ERIKK. I not only need enough land for domination, but also enough pop. ERIKK leads in that category.

It's good that I'm religious. War weariness doesn't have such a big impact on me as it has on ERIKK. I can switch to Monarchy in one turn.

Aggie
14-04-2003, 19:05
Turn 254:
Rome is dead. Now the danger can only come from one direction :). Planting a spy in Mecca reveals that the Arabs have 12 attacking units. All but one are in my territory. I kill all those troops and now Arabia is crippled in offense.

ERIKK has 60 infs. Most of them have got to be drafted. He got them so very quick! I'm going to train some extra cavalry. Tanks still have to wait a while and I need the offense.

May I say that I find it unbelievable that I haven't gotten any leader yet? [:o] I'm in desperate need for one. I want to move my capital to former Rome. [cry]

anarres
14-04-2003, 19:59
With only 11 Arabian units in your territory you'll be lucky to get a leader now. [sad]

Aggie
14-04-2003, 20:08

With only 11 Arabian units in your territory you'll be lucky to get a leader now. [sad]

Yup, I have to raze a few Arab cities for that [devil]. I don't think ERIKK will do anything about it.

Aggie
15-04-2003, 08:42
Turn 255:
ERIKK decided to fight side by side with the Arabs. He drafted so much that he now has 90 infantry units. What to do now?

I decided to retreat, recover from the Roman war and build up my military. Domination doesn't only require enough land, but also population. ERIKK has more pop now, so that appears to be out of the question until I can get a piece of ERIKK's land. Questions come to mind. How long until ERIKK has tanks? Will I be able to steal the tech? Will I build them in time? [scratch]

Addition: anyway, I the mean time I've been drafting units too. I've got 82 infantry, close to ERIKK's number. Cavalry however is 32 vs 8 and artilery 30 vs 0 (in my favour). If ERIKK is clumsy and doesn't defend his border well enough... [}:)]

Aggie
16-04-2003, 00:00
Turn 256:
ERIKK moved more troops to the border, so his empire is save for the moment. But he also sent 20 conscript infantry next to my railroad! So I first bombarded the stack (until most of them were red-lined) and then sent in my elite cavs. I killed ten of his units and also got:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/AgEk256leader.JPG

That took long! You can't say that I didn't go to war enough to get leaders. I decide to rush the palace in the north. Now I've got two economic centres.

Aggie
16-04-2003, 20:44
Turn 257:
After waiting 150 turns for a leader, I get two in a very short time!

Aggie
16-04-2003, 22:06
Turn 258: How could I be so stupid? I let ERIKK cut off my artillery force from my territory. Added to that, ERIKK has tanks!

I'm also able to build them so this turn (don't ask how...). Three will finish next turn. But am I too late?

Aggie
16-04-2003, 22:37
Turn 259: I lost my 32 artillery units to ERIKK. I have 5 tanks now, ERIKK 18.

anarres
16-04-2003, 22:42
Fuck, that's a bad loss...

Have you mobilised for war yet? It seems inevitable there will be a tank war now...

Aggie
16-04-2003, 23:47
I mobilised and then saw that I would produce 5 tanks per turn. My spy told me that ERIKK had 120 infantry (drafted), 18 tanks, 32 arty (my arty). We could have played on, but why? This would be checkmate in 3... My only strong point was the military. Now that is gone.

I must say that ERIKK thought that I wouldn't have tanks so soon. I have them and that's a plus. But still my production is just too low.