PDA

View Full Version : Can't play PBEMs in the near future

Lt. Killer M
06-09-2003, 20:19
Sorry everyone, due to some RL things (nothing bad) I will harldy have time to play PBEMs in the near future. As it would be unfair to pick one or two games to continue and drop others, I am putting all on hold.

I cenced the game vs Skyfish as it really is useless to go back to that. Congrats!

anarres
07-09-2003, 16:42
[sad]

Any idea how long RL will intefer with your Civ playing?

jack merchant
07-09-2003, 17:00
[cry]

And our game was just getting really interesting ....... Anyway, hope to see you back soon !

Aggie
07-09-2003, 18:36
Killer, should I still make that map in the MM forum? I suspect not...
And shall we end our game? I won't be playing pbem anymore after my holiday in november, so... (I feel bad about it, because Sky put so much effort in it, but I don't like to continue while I'm starting to lose interest in playing CIV3 at a this rate...)

Shabbaman
08-09-2003, 09:23
Hm. Stupid scientific research.

Lt. Killer M
08-09-2003, 09:58
well, the problem is that I simply will have very little time at a internet-access PC. At least for this week, I have no idea how much longer the powers that be network gurus here will take..........

jack, I will pick that up again, shabba, ours, too.

aggie, you lose interest in Civ3? Go see a doc, a good one ;)

Shabbaman
08-09-2003, 10:06
Hehe... Well, I'm not in a hurry anyway, back to playing championship manager then ;) But this grinds my civ3 time down to an abominable 0 minutes a day, so if there's a crappy player like me who'd like to play a builder style pbem, let me know.

ProPain
08-09-2003, 13:54
Limited internet acces for a week. That's survivable. Things could be worse.

@Aggie, quitting Civ after november??? BUT, but, but.... but we're gonna miss you. Also remember conquest will be released to rekindle your interest, and I'll have broadband soon so we can play online for more action.

Aggie
08-09-2003, 14:14
I'm not going to quit entirely. I may play the odd SP game (one game per week or so). But I have serious doubts about PBEM. I might decide to play one game at the time, but then slow paced (one turn per day). On-line multiplayer games sound far to intensive to me. I like the turned-based factor and that appears to fade in on-line MP.

I can't imagine that conquest is going to change the CIV3 experience in such a way that my interest would be rekindled. Maybe REAL scenarios would do the trick, but I doubt that.

@Killer: so you want me to make that map?
@Killer, part 2: one week is no problem, I thought it would be something like one month...let's just play on then :)

Plux
08-09-2003, 14:58
Shabba, the end is nearing in one of my PBEM's, and I'm likely to get the shortest straw, so maybe we can hook up soon :)

anarres
08-09-2003, 15:44
Aggie - this is a bit of a threadjack, but can you tell us what your doubts are? You can always email me/MSM me if you prefer.