PDA

View Full Version : Bush or Democrat

Sween
17-03-2003, 19:31
Right now, the majority of the American people will vote for ANY Democrat presidential candidate instead of Bush.

Are you one of those people? Does it matter who the Democratic candidate is? If it does, would you vote for another party or Bush? Will you vote for Bush no matter what?

Shabbaman
17-03-2003, 19:41
quote:Originally posted by Sween

Right now, the majority of the American people will vote for ANY Democrat presidential candidate instead of Bush.

Are you one of those people? Does it matter who the Democratic candidate is? If it does, would you vote for another party or Bush? Will you vote for Bush no matter what?

Who are you asking? I believe wilfire is the only other american here... And I doubt if he's old enough to vote (no offence, WF, just guessing)
I wouldn't have voted for either. I'd have voted for Ralph Nader, I'm kinda ideologistic... imvho though, the American voting system kinda sucks (again, no offence): it'd be better to vote directly instead of per district. Again, imvho.

BTW, ask this again tomorrow, when the bombs are falling[V]

Sween
17-03-2003, 19:47
i like the green party, but if i was one of them i would have still voted for gore realizing that nader has no chance to win and gore did. nader cost the frontrunner he had most in common with the election.

Shabbaman
17-03-2003, 20:16
Well, wouldn't it be time that a third party, whether it be the green or another one, just took a single seat in the senate or house? That way America could be shown that there are other options? I'd vote for that. The other options don't differ very much in my view.

But, this is probably a clear example of threadjacking, although I didn't intend that.

Sween
17-03-2003, 20:23
hey, you're talking to the master of threadjacking. ;)

ERIKK
17-03-2003, 21:40
AFAIK the demo's got nobody yet (execpt that jew (dont remeber his name) who is quite rightish too...)

Sween
18-03-2003, 20:48
the republicans have nobody, too. bush is going to lose, and john mccain sure as hell ain't running.

anarres
20-03-2003, 15:01
Would you trust this man?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Bush1.jpg

Lt. Killer M
20-03-2003, 22:26
I voted for Schroeder twice. So yes, I would vote for anyone running against Bush.

Aggie
21-03-2003, 08:48
Killer, it's very obvious that you wouldn't vote for Bush :) I think that the majority of the Europeans would vote for a democrat (if we were allowed). But, Europe has strong a social democrat influence. It's very difficult for us to compare the two countries imho. However, since I normally vote for a 'democrat' party in Holland (the now tiny D66), I'm sure would do the same in the US.

Lt. Killer M
21-03-2003, 17:23
Aggie: our rightwing nuts would vote democrat..... after all, the republicans here would be banned as nazis....

Aggie
21-03-2003, 19:06
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M.

Aggie: our rightwing nuts would vote democrat..... after all, the republicans here would be banned as nazis....

Well.... I think that those nuts wouldn't be sure what to do. Not all republicans are ultra right wing you know...

Sween
12-04-2003, 21:49
Now with this war "over", as they say, may I ask this question again?

anarres
12-04-2003, 22:55
I don't think the war 'ending' is a proof of the justification of war that the US administration have put forward.

A few right wingers at CFC have used this as a defense of war itself. We all know that if you have superior technology and a huge fucking army ready to use it you can beat a guy that has faced international santions for 10 years, regardless of what his country thinks of him.

I see no reason to change my original opinion that I would trust GWB as much as a paedophile in a schoolground. I consider him a more dangerous man to world stability than Saddam Hussain is (or was), since he is prepared to export his agenda and impose it around the world.

Sween
12-04-2003, 23:02
the thing is, anarres, i wasn't anti-war because of the war itself. i was anti-war because of what would happen post-war. i doubt i will ever change my opinion about Bush. if everything turns out OK, i will just consider him lucky. if things go wrong, then i think many people will realize how good the Clinton administration was at being aggressive and still not scaring the world, and finally Bush will be seen for who he really is. It's very sad to see the 9/11 attack blind more people then it did wake them up. One of the worst New York mayors of all time is now considered the best, and our current President will probably go down as a great War-time President meanwhile forcing his own people from ever having retirement and their grandchildren to paying for the war that we should. Not the way things should happen.

EDIT: said governor isntead of mayor. i was not in the right mind while writing this so don't take it too seriously.

Hygro
02-05-2003, 09:12
Sadly, I'll be 5 months too young to vote in the 2004 elections. However, if its down to Lieberman and Bush,I'd go Green Party. Any other Democrat I'd go Democrat. My reasoning is that Lieberman is so similiar already that he wounlsn't stand a chance, and I can't stand the guy anyway.

Sween
19-05-2003, 07:12
I saw somewhere that if you ask people "Bush or any Democrat?" then the majority will say any Democrat. But, as soon as you mention names of the Democrat, Bush get's the majority from the same people. Scary, eh?

GP
25-05-2003, 04:20
sween for president? ;)

GP
25-05-2003, 04:22
Most euros are social democratic. They were all too cowardly top come to the New World. We are the pioneer nation. And they were too cowardly to face off the Nazis or the commies on their own. Brits are the only staunch ones. They rawk...

Switch625
25-05-2003, 04:23
quote:Originally posted by Sween

I saw somewhere that if you ask people "Bush or any Democrat?" then the majority will say any Democrat. But, as soon as you mention names of the Democrat, Bush get's the majority from the same people. Scary, eh?

Not really. It says everything about the quality of the candidates for the Dem nomination. They're all bad.

anarres
25-05-2003, 04:27
quote:Originally posted by GP

Most euros are social democratic. They were all too cowardly top come to the New World. We are the pioneer nation. And they were too cowardly to face off the Nazis or the commies on their own. Brits are the only staunch ones. They rawk...That is a limited view of politics in Europe.

GP
25-05-2003, 04:28
quote:Originally posted by anarres

quote:Originally posted by GP

Most euros are social democratic. They were all too cowardly top come to the New World. We are the pioneer nation. And they were too cowardly to face off the Nazis or the commies on their own. Brits are the only staunch ones. They rawk...That is a limited view of politics.

Typical appeaser. or perhaps you would have helped man the furnaces.

GP
25-05-2003, 04:30
The brave ones and the freedom-lovers came to America. Europe still has the remnants of a class system. Buncha pooftas.

anarres
25-05-2003, 04:31
GP, flaming is the lowest form of whit.

I don't even know who you are, why should I care?

GP
25-05-2003, 04:32
I heard you the first time, snob.

Sween
25-05-2003, 04:34
Alright guys, calm down. Let's not repeat what happened at CFC.

GP
25-05-2003, 04:39
err...I thought that's what we wanted to repeat. But I don't know what happened there, so I'm just napalming babies randomly. How am I doing, cutie?

Sween
25-05-2003, 04:43
you're very mature. no wonder why you're own internet crowd makes fun of you all the time.

GP
25-05-2003, 04:46
plays saxaphone...

Pastorius
05-06-2005, 00:02
Sween for president [jump]