PDA

View Full Version : War-Weariness in PBEM

DrAlimentado
26-08-2003, 19:49
I thought there was a thread round here discussing this, but I can't find it (maybe it was at CFC... or maybe just in my mind)

It has been mooted that war vs a human does not generate WW, this is not true! It is certainly much reduced, and may possibly not even build up at all to begin with, BUT I have had 40-60% WW whilst only being at war with a human. And that much WW hurts!!

This was after waging war aggressively against most of the AI's whilst in democracy (nice guy aren't I?) but after making peace with all civs except the human I still had the WW, it didn't go away. Once I made peace with anarres all my WW vanished as you would expect.

So I would say waging war in Republik against the human is still very viable but be aware that once you accrue some WW you will need to make peace with them to get rid of it.

Happy warmongering [fdevil]

ERIKK
26-08-2003, 19:55
Under Democracy I noticed you get 10 to 15% (depending on city) war waeriness when attcked by the other human. If you are the agressor you probably get more. I gavent been checking these things carefully untill recently. I my current and future games I planned to check the pops more often. :)

Aggie
26-08-2003, 19:56
All I know is that my wars in a PBEM (vs a human) didn't take long. Normally a war ends within 5 turns of heavy fighting, once it is getting obvious who will win it. Therefore this WW never was an issue for me.

Skyfish
31-08-2003, 09:16
I can confirm I experienced WW, under Republic, vs another human (with no AI wars at any stage). It forced me to go from 0% to 10% luxes (7 luxes) but stayed limited ( I was not losing cities)...
It was a long war (20 turns+) and under mobilization the whole time.

Shabbaman
01-09-2003, 08:49
There's a little thread here http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=496

DrAlimentado
01-09-2003, 17:03
that's the one I was looking for! oh well.. this one supersedes it now :D

DrAlimentado
04-09-2003, 15:53
And well now I am confused... in my game vs anarres I am suffering what appears to be regular WW as it would be experienced in solo play.

There has been some excellent research done into WW in regular games, here are the links:

The bamspeedy/DaveMcW et al thread:
We need an investigation into WW (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53114)

A followup thread with a couple of new findings:
How Does WW work? (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61628) (contains a useful summary of previous thread also)

What we really need is a proper investigation into WW in pbem. Presuming that the previous research is correct it will be fairly simple to set up some conditions that can be tested in solo and pbem to see the difference and quantify them.

I will endeavour to do some testing (ie. it has been added to my list!) If anyone else does any then lets collate our findings here. Also post any test scenarios etc. you setup for others to test too.

Grille
20-11-2003, 04:53
-bump-
alexman stated in Oystein's ww thread (follow second link in DrA's above post) that MP-ww will work like SP-ww in C3C.

Along with the new/changed gov types, I guess the religious trait is more important now.