PDA

View Full Version : 101 of political web posting

smalltalk
23-08-2003, 14:06
This is a survival guide for political discussions on web fora. Can you take some [fdevil][hammer][wallbash][mischief][evil][lol];)?

- Never think before posting, it might lower your post count.

- Post anything - deny everything

- Post anything - if troubled afterwards, claim you have been inspired by God or possesed by an evil spirit or been under the influence of a psychotomimetic drug.

- If you were wrong in your post, never admit it. If the church can get away with this, you can too.

- If you were lying, never admit it. If the politicians can get away with this, you can too.

- If it is proven that we descended from the apes, keep quiet about it, so it won't become widely known.

- Post like a contemporary soldier fires a missile: fire-and-forget!

- Never read all of the post in a thread, rather start to spam, flame, insult or brag right ahead. This approach saves a lot of time. (remember: you are in for the PC)

- Never read all the posts in a thread, you might find a reasonable argument there - which to debunk would consume too much of your time. In the worst case, you might find an argument that is not to be debunked.

- Don't be more honest to your fellow posters than you are to yourself.

- Your are dealing with nothing but nicks and avatars, endlessly repeating the same sermon like chat-bots would do.

- Probably posters won't recognize you again in the next thread or remember your dull post from last week.

- Never forget to preach about your mission on earth.

- get an advertisment banner into your sig and earn some money.

- If you wanna laugh, visit the john, might be more funny than some threads.

- Responses which can't be talked away or that are asking mission-critical questions are to be ignored.

- Rely on dogma when you run out of arguments. Flaming will work too.

- A thread without a flame is no real fun.

- There is nothing like a good troll and nothing is like this. Your goal is to draw your opponent out, to make him utter a rediculous statment, thus he will look like the fool he is.

- Know the troll-threshold of your mods as you know your Ave Maria.

- Ridicule is as much a weapon as trolling is.

- Learn about the personality of your opponent, so you can hit him hard with a casual remark.

- Mimik the language of your opponent, so you can implant your views into his consciousness without him even knowing.

- Get a DL and take the stance of your opponents, discrediting their side with stupid posts.

- If you try to understand your opponent, you allow his thoughts to enter your consciousness. Never do this. Do you want someone to change the way you think?

- Anything you say, will be used against you. Therefore speak in general terms. Never talk of your private experience. This might intimidate other posters and make them think about themselves.

- Posters like to flock together in herds.

- There always will be someone who disagrees, however right you are.

- There always will be someone who agrees, even if you are wrong.

- There always will be someone who doesn't get it.

- Sometimes, this one will be you or me.

- Any thread will go Off-Topic if it only runs long enough.

- If a thread didn't go Off-Topic, it was closed or not deemed interesting by the posters.

- Don't drink and post.

- Stupid is as stupid posts.

- Ideas can be like mind-viruses.

jack merchant
23-08-2003, 14:59
[lol]

So true, except for this one:

quote:Don't drink and post

I do however hope that my political posts can't be put in any of these categories !

OPD
23-08-2003, 17:18
quote:Originally posted by smalltalk
- Get a DL and take the stance of your opponents, discrediting their side with stupid posts.

this is my favourite [lol]

Black_Waltz
25-08-2003, 13:56
Never get me into a political discussion. On one online game I play I already have half of the forums (all of them from the USA...) baying for my blood if I ever THINK about visiting America!

Darkness
25-08-2003, 15:13
quote:Originally posted by Black_Waltz

Never get me into a political discussion. On one online game I play I already have half of the forums (all of them from the USA...) baying for my blood if I ever THINK about visiting America!

That's not very difficult... [lol][lol]
Most Americans in a political disussion tend to be somewhat touchy when it comes to the short-comings of their own nations politics...
It's quite easy to step on some toes when the owner of the toes is rather predictable...