PDA

View Full Version : Subscription questions

Aggie
19-08-2003, 11:29
I subscribed myself to a few topics and it works perfectly [thumbsup]. Still I have a few remarks:

- It would be nice to be able to subscribe to a forum. I'd like to follow all posts in the Mapmaking forum for instance.
- At CFC you auto subscribe to the threads you post in. That would be handy as well.

Skyfish
19-08-2003, 12:14
Auto-subscribe don't work for me at CFC...

Aggie
19-08-2003, 12:16
It does for me and we are at CDZ here... No need to drag issues from CFC in here!

anarres
19-08-2003, 13:50
Auto reply stuff is gonna happen. Unfortunately, I am not sure you can set a forum to allow both topic and forum level subscriptions, but I will double check. :(

While we are here can I get some feedback on my 'friendlier' subscriptions page (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/subscription_list2.asp)?

I haven't linked it in yet to the 'My Subscriptions' link in the top right - that is there for comparison.

Note the new version only shows subscriptions for topics - the forum/category/borad subscriptions will be added later.

It also is sorted by last posted date, and has a link to the last post, and the date/time and author for the last post.

If you make suggestions for it I can improve it further...

Skyfish
19-08-2003, 15:26
quote:we are at CDZ here

[eek]

Shit ! Really !
[mouth]

Fuck I had no idea man !

[8)] Thanks a lot for the info Master Aggie [worship]

ERIKK
19-08-2003, 15:37
[lol]

anarres
19-08-2003, 15:58
OI! Can one of you twats contribute or comment on the new subscriptions page (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/subscription_list2.asp) please?

Aggie
19-08-2003, 16:23
[lol]

I think it looks great. But I only started to subscription last night and until now I didn't rely on it to enter CDZ... That can change, looking at the increase of the posts per day!

Plux
19-08-2003, 19:46
It looks very fine, Anarres, but I don't use it much yet. I'm subscribed to two threads which never receive any updates :)

digger760
19-08-2003, 21:37
i dont check the subscriptions page, althought he link to the last post is a good one, when will the emails we get link to the last post

Skyfish
20-08-2003, 09:28
Will try it now...

anarres
24-08-2003, 04:15
I updated the main subscriptions page with the new version.

I also made some nice changes to it. Let me know if you can think of anything else for it.

I also fixed the auto-subscribe when you use the 'Reply Post' function. I hope this will be of use now the site is getting more traffic.