PDA

View Full Version : Joining the 1vs1's - GAME STARTED

Plux
17-08-2003, 06:14
I've decided that I want to try some 1 on 1 games as well. Anybody interested in contesting me on preferably emperor or deity? :)

Cartouche Bee
17-08-2003, 06:40
sure take your pick of level, what kind of game you want to play?

Any prefs for civs? I think the 2 top traits are industrious and commercial in 1 on 1. So don't let me take France. :) Who do you like for civs?

I'm flexable on settings but prefer panagea to avoid the poor naval situation in the game. Things like what anarres and I have going on or aggie and I have going on where we have our territories covered so we have to wait for marines before any real action can happen.

Aggie
17-08-2003, 08:33
Plux, good to read that you want to try 1vs1! I like to play. You really are commited to DDPP so I am sure that I can expect a nicely paced game.

I like to play easy deity, deity with two settlers for the humans. Emperor is too easy with two humans imvho.

Plux
17-08-2003, 15:17
quote:Originally posted by Cartouche Bee

sure take your pick of level, what kind of game you want to play?

Any prefs for civs? I think the 2 top traits are industrious and commercial in 1 on 1. So don't let me take France. :) Who do you like for civs?

I'm flexable on settings but prefer panagea to avoid the poor naval situation in the game. Things like what anarres and I have going on or aggie and I have going on where we have our territories covered so we have to wait for marines before any real action can happen.
In single-player mode I usually play emperor on a packed archipelago world with 24 civs, which starts very peaceful and ends with total world war [hammer], so I guess this type of game will probably ask for some adjustments in my style of game play :D. I'm ok with anything, though, so pangaea is fine. I normally like the religous trait a lot, but I already read that traits are very differently valued in 1 on 1. Oh well, I guess I'll go for a random civ, as usual [smokin]. You can take whichever you want.

Plux
17-08-2003, 15:21
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Plux, good to read that you want to try 1vs1! I like to play. You really are commited to DDPP so I am sure that I can expect a nicely paced game.

I like to play easy deity, deity with two settlers for the humans. Emperor is too easy with two humans imvho.
I hope I can live up to your expectations concerning the game pace [blush] Easy deity sounds very well suited for me, in single player I normally have little trouble on emperor level, but I haven't tried deity very often. So I would like try that with CB too. Furthermore I always like as much settings as possible to be random, but if your experience with 1 vs 1 would suggest some fixed settings, please say so.

Aggie
17-08-2003, 15:29
Plux, I suggest to ask for balanced civs on a relatively balanced map (for the humans). The mapmakers could make whatever they want..be it pangaea or archipelago [:p]. As long as the size is standard and the barbs roaming or less and the civs not too crappy (like England). OK?

And don't worry, I don't expect a fast paced game..just a game that progresses well.

Cartouche Bee
18-08-2003, 06:48
Hi Plux, I'd be happy to have a balanced game similar to what you and aggie agreed to, on a pangaea. I'm not worried about the civ I play as long as we get a reasonable matchup. No [military,expansionists] against [commercial,industrious] type matchups.

However I'd like that the AI placements to be balanced so one of us is not hemmed in from the start. I think that if one player starts with 3 civs 12 tiles away the other player should be in the same situation. I really think the average distance to the nearest 4 civs should be similar.