PDA

View Full Version : CDZ TG1

Turner_727
16-08-2003, 22:18
Here it is. . .

quote:<h3>Dawn of Civilization</h3>

It is the year 4000BC. Your ancestors were nomads. But over the generations your people have learned the secrets of farming, road building, and irrigation, and they are ready to settle down.

Xerxes, your people are [u]Scientific</u> and [u]Industrious</u>, and have recently mastered [u]Bronze Working</u> and [u]Masonry</u>.

The people have vested absolute power in you, trusting that you can build a Cvilization to stand the test of time!

PTW 1.27f, Monarch,Conquest Victory Condition, Accelerated Production, Cultural Conversions On, Preserve Random Seed On.

This is the standard rules, save one:
You start out with an extra settler and an extra worker to speed the game up.

Highest score at 10ad is the winner. If someone finishes before 10ad, earliest win wins.

These rules are changeable for the next game. Feel free to post your ideas in this forum.

Good luck! :)

Edit: Look two posts down for the file.

WildFire
16-08-2003, 23:10
Um... I didnt start with BW and Masonry and I think you guys have the special charachtersitics thing off because I can't make immortals either.

Turner_727
16-08-2003, 23:54
Hmm. . . in my zeal to turn off all the victory conditions, I turned off Civ-Specific Units.

Here's the corrected file.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Civ III PTW Autosave 4000 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/turner_727/2003816235414_Civ III PTW Autosave 4000 BC.SAV)
52.39KB

Skyfish
17-08-2003, 06:37
Sorry for being a prat but just for clarification :
What does Accelerated Production actually do ? does it influence techs resaerch rate for example ?
Map Size and # of opponnents ?

One 'idea': the idea of "highest score" beats the concept of fast finish, we dont want milked games do we ? :(
Civ3's internal score is probably its biggest downside, I would not like to use it.

Turner_727
17-08-2003, 06:55
AP is supposed to make everything half price. Techs have a four turn minium tho, so in reality it doesn't help with that.

Small Map, I believe it's six civs total. The only tweaked rule is the extra settler and worker. Even then, it's not a tweak, I just added the units when I created the map.

Two reasons for making it end at 10ad. 1) It's a quicker game, and 2) It's supposed to encourage no milking. I have been thinking of a scoring system, and the best I can come up with right now (albeit with very little thought into it) is to take the final score, divide by number of turns, and add a bonus for each turn finished before 10ad. I'm sure there's a chart somewhere about where the turns breakdown at. I know I saw it at CFC, but the search option is off. . . Does anyone remember seeing it?

Let me add againt that I'm completely open to any ideas regarding the tourney. In fact, I'm hoping that someone will pick on up, so I can play too. . ! Little unfair for me to know the map, and enter my score for submission.

And don't worry about being a prat. . . this is still new, and we're figuring it out. I tend to get ahead of myself cuz I can think about a hundred times faster than I can type, so I lose a lot when posting. . .

Skyfish
17-08-2003, 10:27
Which barb setting ?

I will play a quick game on Acc. Prod before I start this one because it's been a real long time since I have not played this setting.

One general remark : games of very early warfare do very much increase the influence of RNG, the longer the game goes on, the more the odds even themselves out...

anarres
17-08-2003, 13:50
Turner,

I will probably not have time to play this - in the future I can make maps so you can play. :)

Turner_727
17-08-2003, 14:00
Anarres - Thanks! I don't want to play every game, but it would be nice to go at it once in a while. Reminds me of my DMing days way back when.

SK - Raging barbs.

Swingue
19-08-2003, 15:34
Oke guys, I've finished, not such a fast game though 8 hours of playing. Where do I send the save?

I am curious how I've done though
greetz,
Swingue

Shabbaman
19-08-2003, 15:47
Does 1.27 work with 1.21? I haven't updated at home yet...

Shabbaman
19-08-2003, 15:50
Oh yeah, like anarres said, I won't play too much either so I could occasionally make a map. As a matter of fact, I've got a map ready that I've already played and I'd love to see how you all would fare with it...

Plux
19-08-2003, 19:35
I have played it last night, but I din't find much fun in it. No opposition whatsoever, and I don't like acc.prod. I quit after defeating the second last opponent, but I didn't feel like playing it out.

Turner_727
20-08-2003, 07:09
Well, send me the file, I'll post the score.

And Plux, I'm sure we'll get better as we figure stuff out. I was looking for a certain map type, and while this one wasn't it, it was close and thought it would present a couple of challenges. Of course, if you play above Monarch it was too easy, and if you play below it it would be too hard. We'll have to figure that one out. . .

Skyfish
20-08-2003, 07:58
Turner maybe you should wait before posting the results right ? Keep the suspense alive ?
;)

ProPain
20-08-2003, 09:45
started yesterday and finished at 1am. 6 hours 20 mins session, conquest victory before 10AD. Monarch's a bit to easy for my taste, but the game was quite actioned packed right from the start. Liked that very much. Not so pleased with my end date, those carthaginians on acc prod+GA put up more resistance than I estimated :(

Skyfish
20-08-2003, 10:25
[mad] No spoilers please !!!!!!!!! [mad]

ProPain
20-08-2003, 10:37
Thats not a spoiler imo.

No end date, no score, no map. Just playing time and a very general remark on the carthaginians. You should watch your bloodpressure sky !;)

I'm planning to open a spoiler thread if that's ok with the game admins.

Turner_727
20-08-2003, 11:07
@ SK - I agree, keep the suspense going.

@ PP - Go ahead. I was going to do it, but since I haven't played the map yet, I think it'll come better from someone who knows what they're talking about. ;) How about calling it the post game discussion?

Stapel
20-08-2003, 16:16
Good to see things are running! I just got back from a sailing trip! I will check out all comments!

Cheers,
Stapel

Turner_727
20-08-2003, 17:53
w/b Stapel! Glad to see you didn't fall overboard. Usually a good thing! ;)

Stapel
21-08-2003, 09:54
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Turner,

I will probably not have time to play this - in the future I can make maps so you can play. :)

That is fine to me. I have many ideas for how to make a map cool, surprising and competitive. I am thinking of starting with 5 cities, starting with a large army, starting in 1000 AD, that kind of things.

We also need to figure out a scoring system.

Darkness
21-08-2003, 13:35
I may try it. Have to finish GOTM22 first though...

Black_Waltz
23-08-2003, 06:26
I won't try it. I detest Accelerated Production.

smalltalk
24-08-2003, 16:35
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Does 1.27 work with 1.21? I haven't updated at home yet...

It works! I got five cities up to now and no problems.

- Except with some stupid moves. You know, setting the science bar to 10 or 20% when theres only one turn left to discovery - but then forgetting to set it back. At least I got some cash now!

Skyfish
24-08-2003, 21:21
My game is nearing completion...

Shabbaman
14-11-2003, 11:12
Eh... Did this thing ever end and did I miss that? Any rankings?

Skyfish
14-11-2003, 13:30
AFAIK only me and ProPain finished it...check the spoiler thread.