PDA

View Full Version : Erikkshark Aquarium ->Spoiler<-

yndy
14-08-2003, 19:28
Edit: Game summary: I'm Persia and Erikk is Japan. We're playing Pangaea, deity with an extra settler.

This is what I have so far.
turn 26 - first settler
turn 28 - susa founded
turn 36 - saw germans. going there
turn 38 - buy pottery from germans. they lack iron working
turn 38 - germans now have iron working but no money - they must know other tribes
41: Iron working discovered; Antioch founded.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/200381420651_erikk1.jpg
52.49*KB

anarres
14-08-2003, 21:12
Are you going to attack the Germans as soon as you have Immortals, or are you going to expand as much as you can first?

yndy
14-08-2003, 21:34
I can have immortals any time I want. I'll probably expand a while before attacking.

Moonsinger
16-08-2003, 02:08
Yeah, with that much room to expand, why attacking?

yndy
16-08-2003, 05:56
Turn 49: I've been kicked out of German territories three times now. I just can't pass through the choke point (see below). Well if I can't, nobody else will pass either. My warriors will block it in neutral lands.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/200381645236_erikk2.JPG
56.29*KB

The germans did put one city far away. I wonder what resources does it hide.

Meanwhile I missed the opportunity to trade contacts (as I only had one) but everybody pretty much knows everybody. And I'm desperatly behind in tech. So I will go with Moonsinger's tactic of not trading at all. I have Pottery and Iron Working, what else do I need?

I did not buy any contact but France and Korea already bought mine. As it gets cheaper I hope others will too.

Edit: Grammar.

Edit2: Why add a new post. I am sure that Erikk has all the contacts and a lot of trading opportunities. But I'm too far to catch up without spending my entire treasury. And who's going to take advantage of my treasury? Erikk of course. Instead I do not buy contacts (although I told Erikk that I bought some [}:)]) and wait for the others to buy contacts from me.

I plan to do NO RESEARCH and wait for MapMaking to be available. I am yet to decide if I would sell my map for contacts and tech or keep it out of erikk's reach.

My research will come by way of pointy sticky. Although I'm behind in score I have two granaries operational and one to be built. Next step: build more workers and settlers.

Erikk did not buy the contact with me yet and he does not know how far behind I am. Naturally, I refused to buy his. I hope that he will think that he's winning when he will see my apparent poor state. I sure hope that the buffer between us is large enough so that he will not be able to attack me for a long time.

yndy
17-08-2003, 18:13
Turn 56: I now have five cities and expanding fast. Building workers as I'm running short. I alreay have 11 warriors and razed some barb camps. England bought my contact and again i'm wondering how far ahead erikk is.

yndy
22-08-2003, 07:21
turn 60: Routine investigation shows that Korea has Map Making !!!

From the underdog position that I have this will be quite a risk. Buy Alphabet from England for 87g.

Everybody has writing but only France and England have Mathematics. What is Erikk doing, leaving these opportunities for me? The only possibility is that everything happened this turn.

Buy Writing from France for 168g. Again surprise, France and England are the only ones with Code of Laws.

Offer Korea WM + 354g + 4gpt (my income) and they doubt. Set sliders to 100% tax and offer 11gpt. I am getting close. MM cities for max commerce and offer 15gpt ... Deal is acceptable. YES. Negotiate down to 339g and buy Map Making.

Trade MM for CoL from England and they also throw in 17g. France pays 66g and Mathematics for MM. Korea pays 328 for CoL and Mathematics and I start to get my money back. Germany shares contact with Russians, Arabs and knowledge of Ceremonial Burial for CoL. Everybody has Mysticism, Russia has CoL, the rest have the wheel + warrior code. Share CoL, WM and 28g with the Arabs for Mysticism, WM and Contact with Erikk. Nice map, will share it with you in a minute. Erikk is as I suspected down CoL, Mathematics and MapMaking. Mathematics to Germany for WM, The Wheel and Warrior Code. Everybody but Arabia has HBR. Mathematics to Russia for WM + 10g. Hey, the little one over there is Erikk :).

My WM is worth TM + 141g for Lizzy. Joan d' pays all her treasury and her WM for mine. Korea pay me their map and treasury for WM. Get the 28g that Arabia has. Russia even pyas me HBR for the WM. Now everybody is out of cash. Gift HBR to Arabia to deny Erikk of a trade as he has it.

Erikk is now officially last in tech. The Arabs lack Mathematics, and toghether with Russia and Germany lack MapMaking.

Change Pasgardae to Palace for a top secret project. Shut down research waiting for Polytheism. Open Embassies in Russia, Germany, England and Arabia for about 150g. Foreign Minister reveals that Germany is in War with Arabia and that Erikk has a RoP with Russia. My military is average compared with Erikk's.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/20038226208_erikk3.JPG
10.95KB

Skyfish
22-08-2003, 07:47
Very good round of trading [thumbsup]

Gothmog
22-08-2003, 16:03
Yes, way to leverage your gpt.

anarres
22-08-2003, 16:17
Wow, that pangaea may lend itself to an attack across the water, rather than a land based invasion. [:o]

Skyfish
22-08-2003, 17:19
An Immortal sea invasion ! Am sure that would catch Mr Farmer's Gambit with his pants down :D

yndy
26-08-2003, 12:56
Are you suggesting a suicide galley invasion?

I am building the Lighthouse as you might have guessed, but it would take a while until I would be able to deploy my forces.

And it might be just in time for his samurai.

yndy
14-09-2003, 07:46
Update at turn 81:
I have declared war to France at turn 70 and made an alliance with Germany against them with the purpose of weakening Germany. I'm not sure who's winning but France brought England and Russia in war with me. I was hoping Germany would chicken out and save me the 16gpt that I'm paying them for alliance but they are not.

I hooked up iron and upgraded 7 immortals but now I'm out of cash. France is in the Medieval Age and I sent my Immortals to clear the barb villages around me as an uprisin is imminent.

My FP is 35 turns from completion and I also have a wonder due in 15 turns.

I guess you know what Erikk is doing, I'm clueless as he has not build a city in the last 5 turns while most of his cities seem stuck at size one. He must be building workers.

Skyfish
29-11-2003, 08:02
So how are things going in this game Yndy ?
We are eager for a little tiny bitty update :D

yndy
30-11-2003, 09:20
Update at turn 133. 90AD

I've built the FP in Tarsus in 470BC (I hope you can see it marked on the map). I've built the Lighthouse and captured The Great Library, from the Germans and The Great Wall and Sun Tzu from the French.

When my first war against the French ended, I attacked the Germans and captured Berlin. I received two more cities during peace negotiations. I left Germany and plan to finish it soon. I prepared a long time for the attack of the French bercause I had a treaty with them. Finally I stroke with almost 20 Immortals and razed the first 4 towns with high culture. Paris built Sun Tzu one turn before my troops captured it. I captured the reamaining towns and I'm now going for the last one. Paris flipped once and it's full of resistors. My troops are camped at the outskirts.

You probably see the nice island that I've discovered using the Lighthouse. I have not sold my map since I built the Lighthouse and I probably will only when Astronomy gets around.

Techwise I got everything up to Teology and Engineering from the Great Library. I researched Gunpowder but received it for free at some point. Now I'm half way towards Chemistry. Erik is kicking the Russians big time. He hoped for Moscow to build Leonardo's fro a while but now he gave up. He has no Medieval Age tech and also lacks Republic and Monarchy. He does not know but he only has one source of Saltpeter in the Russian territories. A second is in the Korean territory close to his borders.

My plans are to wipe out the Germans, Arabs and English before Erik manages to get to the sort-of-choke point that I have.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/2003113081757_erik-F3-90AD.JPG
58.75KB

OT: Skyfish, I heard you tried to approach my wife the other day when she was online :D.

Skyfish
30-11-2003, 10:14
Oh me and her go back a loooong way :D
She must have told you right ?
[groucho]
This post has violated the forum rule number 5 "It is not allowed to spam ...". You now have 1 violation of the forum rules. Yndy

yndy
29-12-2003, 07:14
Update at turn 147 (310AD)

I continue to expand and I am currently wiping out the Arabs. The English will follow shortly after and then I will have to decide if I am going to attack the Koreans or wait for Erik to attack them. It seems that I have the upper hand so far.

Techwise I have just discovered Metallurgy but I will not rush to get Military Tradition as I see no reason to do that. Erik still lacks Theology and Gunpowder.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/2003122961252_erik-F3-310AD.JPG
38.08KB

yndy
07-01-2004, 16:36
Now at turn 150+, Erikk has just discovered / bought Gunpowder while I was preparing to send troops to deny his only gunpowder source. I will embark 6 defensive units anyway and use them as a threat for the southern lands of Erikk.

I finished off the Arabs and I am hurting the English big time while Erikk is working at a road through the jungle to the Korean lands (i used a galley to monitor his progress. The question still remains, is he going to attack the Koreans or make an alliance with them against me?

Probably the first option as his ROP with Korea was not renewed. But it also might be a way to keep both options open. Either way, Cavalry is 12 turns from now and I'm going to attack somebody then. I am missing a leader to jump my palace to the former French lands.

It's important to see that Erik did not have his GA yet and waiting like this makes things worst for him IMO. Oh and the island in the North is still secret. No one has seen it and i denied Erikk a Map trade.

yndy
19-02-2004, 18:21
This game was over for a while now. Check http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=717
and
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=725

Edit: I won [groucho]

anarres
19-02-2004, 18:43
hehe. Congrats Yndy!

ERIKK
19-02-2004, 21:32
[hmm] ...there was island over there? [lol]

Ehh, mister farmer gambit???
Who isn't over here?