PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change a map during the game?

Aggie
09-08-2003, 16:58
Does anyone know whether it is possible to add resources to a map while the game is already started?

Cartouche Bee and me have a problem with our game. We both feel that I should have a coal for balancing purposes...

Skyfish
09-08-2003, 17:00
The easiest way would actually be for CB to trade his extra coal to you for nothing, that would balance things out in the game.

Cartouche Bee
09-08-2003, 17:31
Sure and what about when we go to war?

anarres
09-08-2003, 18:44
It must be possible - can you load .sav files in the editor?

Aggie
09-08-2003, 19:04
I just quickly tried to load a save in the editor. Didn't wortk, but I didn't take the time for it...

Skyfish
09-08-2003, 19:36
Editor will only accept bix/bic files...
The only thing I know was that Dr A. was able to change the diff. level of a game after it
had been started, maybe he could help [dunno]

Eldakkar
09-08-2003, 23:35
I read on cfc that a program called "the civ3 multi tool" can convert a saved game into a map, but not into a scenario. Maybe this is useful?

Ehecatl Atzin
09-08-2003, 23:44
hmm... how about you guys form a coalition against another civ that has coal in it's map, take them down under the idea of liberating those people of their opresive regime; Aggie can keep the coal and CB can keep part of the newly liberated lands....oh, wait, where did I saw that before... I'm just being a smartass

Skyfish
10-08-2003, 11:45
I have posted in the thread of the MultiTool creator hoping he might have an idea for us...
Thanks Eldakkar.

Cartouche Bee
10-08-2003, 21:09
For now I donated coal to aggie since it was unlikely that we would be at war at anytime in the near future.

However, it would be nice to fix these types of problems so one does not win a game merely cause the map gives one player or the other the win in the later parts of the game.

DrAlimentado
14-08-2003, 19:35
quote:The only thing I know was that Dr A. was able to change the diff. level of a game after it
had been started, maybe he could help

nah, I have no recollection of this... sadly I don't think it's possible. (well... not that sadly... if it were possible just think of the dishonourable implications.)

Stuff like this is part of balancing a map in the first place, just bear in mind that mapmakers will occaisionally miss stuff, it's dam difficult getting it all right all the time!

DrA <-- currently in purgatory, returning to the civ universe soon.