PDA

View Full Version : anarres vs. Yndy – Deity, Continents

yndy
08-08-2003, 13:55
After several edits
General rules of engagement (I guess anarres approved this).

Rule 1: ‘No Exploits’ (as per GOTM: no scout denial; no mobilisation exploit; no gold mine exploit; no pop-rushing cities)

Rule 2: No dogpiling. We are allowed to make one MA per turn so that the other does not wake up with the entire world against him.

Rule 3: Respect initial MAs and MPPs. If you MA w. someone for 10 turns and they break it, one is not allowed to make another MA until the first one would have finished. Same goes for MPPs.

Rule 4: Always respect deals with the other human.

Rule 5: No settler creep (if it ever gets to that) as per anarres definition.

Moonsinger
08-08-2003, 16:59
What is your definition of 'Rule 1: No Exploits'? For example, I would consider giving away free techs to scientific civs so that they discover one free tech for you is an 'exploit'.;)

anarres
08-08-2003, 17:47
yndy, I normally don't play nice to the AI in PBEM's, but I am willing to give it a shot. :)

To do this though you must be very specific about all the exploits you want to be banned. Are pre-builds exploits for example? Some would say so since the AI can't use them.

Rules 2 and 3: I think that 20 turns is too long to respect a broken MA for. The AI will often break an MA with you agianst another AI by making peace after a few turns. I see this as them breakig the deal, so why should we respect broken MA's for 20 turns when the AI doesn't? I suggest 10 turns would be a good comprimise.

Rule 4: I have personally never broken a deal with a human. If you want to make it part of the game rules that we can't break them I am happy with that too.

Rule 5: Settler creep against the other human is something I like to agree not to do too. The way I define the rule is that you can't abandon a city and in the same turn build a city in one of the surrounding 8 tiles. I see nothing wrong with rebuilding on the same spot (to avoid flips). If you want to ban settler creep against the AI too then that is also OK.

yndy
08-08-2003, 17:59
anarres, I'm OK with 10 turns but only as a special favor for you. It's against the humans that I want you to be gentle. I take it that Rule 2 is OK.

I have seen your comments about exploits on CFC and I think we have similar views on that.

Is there any specific set of rules that you want to enforce?

anarres
09-08-2003, 14:37
yndy, please list the GOTM exploits here, so as to be sure.

yndy
10-08-2003, 05:02
I added the GOTM ones.

anarres
11-08-2003, 17:36
You da man. Now, all other nasty behaviour is OK? [satan]

yndy
12-08-2003, 06:55
Well, … yes. (already regretting)

yndy
14-08-2003, 09:20
OK, guys spit it out.

What's with 21 messages on the annares vs yndy spoiler thread?

I have only one line to write for my spoilers.

ERIKK
14-08-2003, 09:27
We are discussing the best ways to kill you.... [evil]

One line..., anarres has a lot more to tell us... ;)

yndy
14-08-2003, 09:56
I take confort in the fact that your spoiler against me is not that debated. ;)

anarres
14-08-2003, 10:53
Umm, I think 15 of the replies are mine... [blush]

yndy
18-08-2003, 08:50
I met annares around turn 40 by looking at each other across a strait. After lengthy negotiations we did not do any deal although we identified some opportunities.

anarres
29-01-2004, 20:50
Believe it or not we are still playing this game, and are on turn 148.

We have been fighting on our own continents until now, but Yndy tried to steal tech from me! Not only that, but after the Chinese spy was executed Chairman Yndy declared war on the peaceful Ottomans!!

Rest assured, the Chinese people will suffer severe pain and retribution for this!!!

yndy
29-01-2004, 21:24
He was no spy but our chief scientist in a teacher exchange scheme. The Ottoman cruelty has made us declare war to these barbarians that lack the slightest shadow of reason. We will take the fight to their lands and kill every one of them.

*rumours are that our 'scientist' found out that the Ottomans lack even the most basic knowledge of Astronomy and the Ottomans could not let him leave with that info*

This turn there were some galleys, the next could be a land-based unit [:p]

anarres
29-01-2004, 22:36
I'd like to see it! [groucho]

yndy
30-01-2004, 06:27
quote:Originally posted by anarres

I'd like to see it! [groucho]

Really? You would? I'm so glad we agree.

OK then, land some units on my shore and let's start the fun. [:p]

yndy
16-03-2004, 08:42
annares just made a surprise landing on my undefended Western shore> 3 Sipahi, 1 Knight and 4 Horsemen. I was surprised a bit and had nothing to do then to fold the waves of the time-space continuum and pull a teleport stunt on him. My Riders slaughtered his invasioin force with one loss and several wounded.

Skyfish
16-03-2004, 08:52
[hmm] Teleporting ? [confused]
Isnt that a GOTM exploit? [groucho]

By the way : what is a "gold mine" exploit please ?

yndy
16-03-2004, 09:16
Technically it was not when we started. I really don't know these days, haven't played the GOTM in a while. Let annares tell us what he thinks.

Gold mine (not sure if still valid on PTW/C3C)
You can make cities give wealth and production at the same time. First set the cities to produce wealth. At the beginning of the next turn when another city is done building something else you can go to other cities with the arrows above and change the production of the cities that produce wealth to e.g. some unit. That will get production as well.

anarres
16-03-2004, 11:46
:( I am considering conceeding. Obviously I was being stoopid when I made that sneak attack...

yndy
16-03-2004, 16:23
You must be kidding.

anarres
16-03-2004, 16:27
Well not really.

I guess I am just angry at myself for making such a stupid mistake. [cry]