PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wants to kick my butt? (closed)

yndy
07-08-2003, 11:11
I won稚 hit back. Well, not hard anyway. Still I would be disappointed if I win so I really want you to give it to me.

Details will take some time but best-case scenario says I値l start one game this weekend. I can share my alternate e-mail yndyATpcnet.ro. If you池e really nice I値l share the main one as well but this is easier to remember I believe.

I知 GMT +2 so European players should find it convenient. I also wake up really early so I can play after your evening/late night sessions in US or Europe.

I壇 like Deity difficulty but Emperor could also be OK for the first game.

ERIKK
07-08-2003, 11:14
I would like to! How about Deity easy, that is human +1 settler.
Pangea standard map, roaming barbs, 5billion,normal,temperate.
Civs?
Do you have a preference?

ps:
your times are perfect for me as I usually play between 19-22 CET.

ps2:
relating to the 'butt kicking business': I have recently seriously
kicked aggie's butt. Also I gently kicked Killers butt but got my
own ass brutually kicked by anarres twice and gave up in the early
game stage once against this fucker! Right now I am about to get my
butt kicked by anarres again and also some dude called ProPain tries
to kick my nicely formed behind... [eek] OTOH I vowed to kick SkyFish'
butt in my game against him..., that would be very nice! [evil]
About the other games my butt tells me I am not allowed to give any
'butt info' yet! [argue] Check the 'my pbem properties' thread at my
forum for more info! :)

Skyfish
07-08-2003, 11:48
Keep on dreaming butthead !
[fdevil]

anarres
07-08-2003, 12:20
I'd like to play too please, but not for a week or two, I want to kill off my current opponents first (3 games in late stages). :)

yndy
07-08-2003, 14:06
Cool, just what I was looking for.

Butt kicking registration now closed. Erikk we値l take me first than anarres gets the second shot (should I say kick?) as soon as he wraps up things.

yndy
07-08-2003, 14:40
ERIKK: specs sound great. I壇 pick Persia as a civ given that you will not pick China or Ottomans (their UU is too powerful vs. another human IMHO). If you must pick one of those two, I値l take the other.

anarres
07-08-2003, 14:41
yndy, I have the next friday/tuesday/wednesday off work, we may be able to start if my other opponents can't make it to finish their games...

yndy
07-08-2003, 14:44
Sure, but I do have to work. Week-ends would be best for the power session unless you really want to start without one.

anarres
07-08-2003, 15:32
Lets decide map prefs and civs.

I want to be Industrious and Scientific. That's the Ottomans and who else? I can't remember.

I am happy with any kind of map, although Pangaea's are kinda more interesting for the first 100 turns.

ERIKK
07-08-2003, 15:48
Ok Yndy, You will be Persia and I will be Japan!
I will post a map request.

ERIKK
07-08-2003, 16:37
Yndy check this out: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=715

I will use this email: yndyATpcnet.ro.
What is your MSN adress?
(mine are in this thread)

yndy
07-08-2003, 16:45
annares,
The other one is Persia. If you take the Ottomans I will take China (see above). Against Persia I'd go with their enemy of that time Rome.

I would go either for Continents or Archipelago because I値l play Pangaea with ERIKK. Standard map. normal, temperate, sedentary barbs, 5 billion. Deity (straight). One (or several) large landmass(es) (out of both our reach). If you think that wouldn稚 work just shout (or write, whichever suits you). ;)

yndy
07-08-2003, 16:48
MSN address [blush2] I'll tell you as soon as I get home and register.

anarres
07-08-2003, 16:55
That sounds good yndy, lets go Ottomans/China on Continents - island maps are very difficult to balance fairly.

Could you please make the map request as if I start the thread none of the other mods can edit the title, as is their want in the Map Making forum.

yndy
07-08-2003, 17:08
Here goes:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=716

yndy
07-08-2003, 19:06
Please excuse my ignorance of things like the MSN. I registered and entered my nickname 'Yndytheone'. What next?

Is there a chatroom or something?

Edit: Deleted Erik's email.

anarres
07-08-2003, 19:27
yndy, you need to add a contact by their email address.

mine is civ3_AT_danwilliamson.net (_AT_ = @) - I tried adding you but without your registered email I can't...

Cartouche Bee
08-08-2003, 03:17
Damn, another kick my butt thread closed.

yndy
08-08-2003, 05:33
Don't be sad CB. I plan to have this reopened as soon as I get used to handling the saves and games.

Thanks anarres and erik for the message. It just ocurred to me that I need to dl the MSN Messenger. [blush2] I registered with the same e-mail address. Is that a problem?

Damn I feel like a bozo. I bet people think you're going to kick my butt out the orbit.

Edit: It's official. I can't use MSN from work - need admin password. We will have to negotiate deals on the forum.

Aggie
08-08-2003, 08:25
Yndy, I think that you have a genuine chance against both. You're a fine player. Only thing I can't judge is your skills vs a human player.

ERIKK
08-08-2003, 08:30
Negotiating deals using MSN greatly simplifies things. Cant you dl and use MSN at home? I mostly
dont use MSN at work btw. but almost always have it turned on at home.

yndy
08-08-2003, 09:31
Aggie, Don't tell anyone but I'm trying to look like a lousy player here so that people will take on me and I can wipe the civ3 map with them. ;).

I have a reasonable idea of how good Erikk and anarres are, and I promise you値l have some nice games to follow.

I always wanted to compare with them in the GOTM but since they never showed up there, I知 here on their turf :).

Erikk, I知 not always online at home (as opposed to work). But when an important decision is to be made let me know and we can meet and discuss. I registered and downloaded MSN. I知 yet to try it as I had to leave for work.

Aggie
08-08-2003, 09:45
Yndy, one tip: ERIKK and anarres are known for their tough negotians. Be aware!

ERIKK
08-08-2003, 13:24
Yeah, and Yndy, have you followed some discussions about MA's and MPP's (MA pingpong for example)? Check for example of 'MA abuse' (more AI stupidity abuse) the PROPAIN-ANARRES PBEM spoiler.

Therefore I would like to make an agreement on how to do the MA's and MPP's at the start of the game. Then we both know what to expect.

yndy
08-08-2003, 14:56
Let's take this to the open thread.

Same goes for anarres.

By the way, I realised today is Friday (thought it was Thursday).This week-end there's no go for a game at my friend's but I will try to do this from home regardless of the consequences. I will send/receive mail every 10 minutes during a power session (possible both with anarres and Erikk). Let's agree what time should we start.

Sorry this should go on MSN but due to my special conditions [blush2]

ERIKK
08-08-2003, 15:11
On sunday I will be avaiable and sathurday for a couple of hours possibly (maybe 1200-1400CET).