PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! oh yeah- ive been away.

DrAlimentado
05-08-2003, 19:01
Hi Guys! Apologies for my absence for those that noticed, I got whisked away by the offer of work and have been in sunny devon for a couple of weeks looking after kids at a microbiotic 'summer retreat' (ie. so-called hippys with too much money... but that's another story ;))
In my absence my housemate managed to kill my computer and I've had to reformat, gah. Lost all my data this time round so if those I've got current games with can resend the latest turn we can right back to it :D

Aggie
05-08-2003, 19:12
Hi Dr A :D WB! Save sent...

Skyfish
05-08-2003, 21:05
Great to have you back man !
How's the gf ?
;)

anarres
05-08-2003, 21:56
Welcom back DrA, I've sent the save...

DrAlimentado
14-08-2003, 17:20
Well it appears that my accusations against my housemate for killing my comp may have been slightly hasty - as soon as I had it reformatted and running for 24hrs it died again...

After much testing and diagnosis (ie. having lugged my box round brighton and 2 dismantled computers later) I finally took the PSU to pieces and found a dead fan and some melting components. (For anyone who fixes computers you'll know how fucking annoyingly dificult it is to diagnose a faulty PSU that still supplies enough power to fire up the comp, bleh.)

Amazingly maplins want £100 for a 300w PSU so I've ordered a £30 one mail order. Hopefully I'll be back up and running in a couple of days time. In the meantime I'm sitting here playing GTA:VC on my friends PC and my oh my, this game is good/evil!! (think scarface, think freeform internally consistent gameworld, think excellent retro style and humour, drool...)

And yes, not having a working computer at home is like some kind of living hell... shit, when did I become such a fucking geek?!?!?!

DrA <-- currently in purgatory, returning to the civ universe soon.

anarres
14-08-2003, 17:50
fuck, Maplins need to be beaten with a stoopid stick.

Good to hear you will be back soon!

jack merchant
14-08-2003, 18:22
ROTFLMAO, a 100 quid for a PSU ? That's grand larceny (I paid 39 Euros for a 330W one quite recently)! Sue the fuckers [punch]

DrAlimentado
14-08-2003, 18:43
yep, insane isn't it? even the staff in maplins agreed. even more insanely they sell (ugly) tower cases with a 300w PSU in it for £50... if they'd had one in stock I would have been tempted to just buy that for convinience. stupid stupid maplins.

DrA <-- currently in purgatory, returning to the civ universe soon.

Ehecatl Atzin
14-08-2003, 20:10
quote:Originally posted by DrAlimentado
... shit, when did I become such a fucking geek?!?!?!

[lol] it happens, quite slowly at first so you don't get to notice... but one morning, sooner or later, you wake up with a faint taste of spam in your mouth, and then it hits you...you have become one of them! those kids you used to beat up during lunch brakes at school and laughed at all year long...yep, and once you go geek, you never go back [help]

Yes, I'm Ehecatl Atzin, and I'm a punk geek [B)]

PS Your PC troubles suck by the way....