PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER = 1 V 1 vs OPD

prettyvacant
04-08-2003, 20:42
China v Ottos
tiny map
no AI !!
fast and dirty - as I called it in one of our set up emails - draughts (thats checkers btw) rather than chess
also, by accident i think, acc prod is on (course i couldve kept quiet about that and everyone would have been v impressed)

prettyvacant
04-08-2003, 20:57
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/prettyvacant/200384194635_opd.JPG
45.13KB

Turn 12.

One plus one does not equal two.
I have already two size one towns, two workers
and two reg warriors. OPD has one size two town;
he said he had wheat iirc but now im not sure.
Perhaps he is going for granary first.

At the far west the border of ottoland can just be
seen, if I go no further I know where he is but i remain
invisible, so my warrior will back off onto a hill top.

I decided, even tho clearly war immediately game, to have
as usual settlers and workers as quick as possible.
Best way to fight is to have many good towns. After barracks
then soldiers. Blue dots are planned towns.

Already researched spears, iron soon - then horses.

prettyvacant
07-08-2003, 19:12
one of OPDs warriors came too close so he got this email:

"when your warrior saw my army he threw down his arms and ran away, I dont know where he went but I think you will find he is awol"

[}:)]

Cruise
07-08-2003, 20:43
I play a lot of games like this on the ladder. What i do with this setup is early boat attacks. Or send in pillaging spearmen. Cut off his iron and horses.
Just keep the pressure on, have all your troops over there so he can't expand and you can.

prettyvacant
08-08-2003, 17:09
quote:Originally posted by Cruise

What i do with this setup is early boat attacks. Or send in pillaging spearmen. Cut off his iron and horses.

yeh ive got iron so i can see where it is - and horsies.

However - boat attack - i dont understand?

Cruise
09-08-2003, 00:04
put some units on a galley and surprise him with a strike in the back, razing a city. Always works with elimination games, i am sure it will be a huge setback in a normal game as well!

prettyvacant
07-09-2003, 12:41
no boats so far, cos i dont have a coastal town, but I do have:

The Fish of Death
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/prettyvacant/200397114010_fish.jpg
3.14KB

prettyvacant
08-10-2003, 14:17
The game is over.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/prettyvacant/200310813659_opd.jpg
60.4KB

I have however decided that the result should not be entered into the ladder. By the time above I had 20+ swords, 8 horses, and spears surrounding the enemy, but however well I may have played this illustrates as much as anything the difference the start makes. My capital had a cow as did the second town. OPD although remarkably having three luxuries within a few squares of his capital had no food bunuses. Once you get ahead you can keep ahead.

digger760
08-10-2003, 15:35
PV you are getting a reputation for amassing over whealming forces before attacking...and the fish of death looked to be pregnant as well, what have you been upto ;)

prettyvacant
08-10-2003, 19:11
not always overwhelming - in another pbem i have just taken two otto towns with one regular iroqois chariot