PDA

View Full Version : Play me! - GAME STARTED

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:21
Just kidding! You can't play me! However, I'm available to play with you on another PBEM game. At the moment, I have only 1 game going with Kemal, and may be another one or two with Cartouche Bee soon, but I think I have time to play at least one more. I can't promise much but at least 1 turn a day. Emperor or Deity level is ok. Any map setting is ok with me too.:) Btw, I'm in the Central US timezone. If we are in the same timezone, may be some power play session to speed up the first 100 turns or so.

Aggie
01-08-2003, 21:28
I'm interested. But I expect that a lot of others are as well :) And looking at the numbers of games I have right now, I don't mind when you choose to play vs others first :)

I will finish a couple of games soon and then I will have (even more) time. 8 hours of time difference hasn't been too bad for the game speed. I already finished a game vs Nightfa11 (6 hours) and I'm also quite far vs Wildfire, Cartouche Bee and OPD. Other Europian players have the same experience.

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 21:30
I can play, I live in the Pacific timezone. Emperor or Deity, huh? never walked that alley before [scared] but what the heck

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:32
Aggie: Sure, you are on...any specific map and extra rule do you like?

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:35
quote:Originally posted by Ehecatl Atzin
I can play, I live in the Pacific timezone. Emperor or Deity, huh? never walked that alley before [scared] but what the heck

How about Deity level with 7 AIs on a standard one big contient map sound?;)

//Edit: Just kidding! Since I'm not really good at this game, Chieftain level is ok with me too.

Aggie
01-08-2003, 21:39
I like to play with the standard civ rules, so no accelerated production, regicide and stuff.

Level: deity. Not to cramped between AI at the start. I once had a deity pbem in which 3 cities where the maximum at first.
Standard sized map, continents or pangaea preferred.
I also like us to have similar civs (both industrious or non-industrious traits and comparable UU).
I'm not a deity vet, so I prefer strong civs.
Rules: We could agree upon not using certain exploits (which you probably know better than me, because you joined a lot of discussions in the GOTM forum)

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 21:41
quote:Originally posted by Moonsinger
How about Deity level with 7 AIs on a standard one big contient map sound?;)

[scared][whipped] I'm so gonna bet my butt kicked on this game! But bring it on!! so do we ask for a map in the respective forum?

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:45
quote:Originally posted by Aggie
I like to play with the standard civ rules, so no accelerated production, regicide and stuff.

Level: deity. Not to cramped between AI at the start. I once had a deity pbem in which 3 cities where the maximum at first.
Standard sized map, continents or pangaea preferred.
I also like us to have similar civs (both industrious or non-industrious traits and comparable UU).
I'm not a deity vet, so I prefer strong civs.
Rules: We could agree upon not using certain exploits (which you probably know better than me, because you joined a lot of discussions in the GOTM forum)

Sound good! About exploitation - let's play by the rule of GOTM, would that be acceptable?

Aggie
01-08-2003, 21:47
I have to read those rules then... any preferences yourself?

EDIT: where can I find those rules?

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:49
I'm so gonna bet my butt kicked on this game! But bring it on!! so do we ask for a map in the respective forum?

I was just kidding...just pick a level and map type where you feel comfortable and I will play with you. I'm more interesting about making friend than winning the silly game and I definitely don't want to scare anyone away.;)

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:52
I have to read those rules then... any preferences yourself?

EDIT: where can I find those rules?

How's about this set of rules:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3gotm/civ3gotm_rules2.shtml

Of course, some of those rule like "Worker Dogpile" won't apply here anyway.

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 21:52
quote:Originally posted by Moonsinger
I was just kidding...just pick a level and map type where you feel comfortable and I will play with you. I'm more interesting about making friend than winning the silly game and I definitely don't want to scare anyone away.;)

Ok, um, how about monarch level (that's what I play the most) everything else is fine by me, including the 7 civs. Standard map and pangea sounds good too :D

Aggie
01-08-2003, 21:55
OK! Together with the rules you agreed upon with Kemal?:

No capture and disband city within the same turn.
No build and disband new city within the same turn.

I don't mind using MA's and MPP's. We can make agreements about them during the game.

By the way: I'm on MSN with ageling[AT]xs4all.nl

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:56
Ok, um, how about monarch level (that's what I play the most) everything else is fine by me, including the 7 civs. Standard map and pangea sounds good too :D

Ok, that sounds good.:)

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 21:59
OK! Together with the rules you agreed upon with Kemal?:

No capture and disband city within the same turn.
No build and disband new city within the same turn.

I don't mind using MA's and MPP's. We can make agreements about them during the game.

No problem there! What is your msn handle? It doesn't like the email you just give me.

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 22:00
great! let's ask the map makers for one then, um, what civ do you want to be?

Aggie
01-08-2003, 22:01
well, [AT] = @

I'd say that will do the trick

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 22:03

great! let's ask the map makers for one then, um, what civ do you want to be?

I think I will give the Ottoman a try in this game.

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 22:05
I have to go to a meeting now (still at work), but be back shortly. In the meantime, would you guys do me a favor and request for the map made. To Aggie, I like to play as China. Thanks.

Aggie
01-08-2003, 22:18
Very strong civ, obviously. Then I like to be the Ottomans. And to compensate for my later UU (I fear you will rush me otherwise) I'd like to play continents.

What about the following:
Moonsinger: China
Aggie: Ottomans
Level: deity. With enough room for the humans to expand. I don't like to be cramped at the start.
Map: standard, continents (both almost equally big to avoid domination by only conquering the continent), same number of civs on both continents.
World: not a young world.
Barbarians: I prefer not raging!

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 23:31
That sounds good, Aggie!:) I will post a map request later tonight (if you like, you can go ahead with the map request, thanks!)...have to go home asap now - family emergency.

Aggie
01-08-2003, 23:34
OK, I'll post the map.

anarres
02-08-2003, 01:45
Moonsinger,

We should play too sometime, I want to face your arty stacks in the field. :D

Moonsinger
02-08-2003, 13:45
Aggie and Ehecatl,

Thanks for posting the map request!:) I'm sorry for running out on you guys yesterday but I had to go home right away because my parrent-in-law just dropped by unscheduled.:( Aggie, please check the following thread for additional rules for our game:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=677

---

Anarres,

Yes, we should play sometimes. Arty isn't the only thing that I know.;)

Lt. Killer M
02-08-2003, 19:50
Moonsinger, this is quite a surprise to see you here - provided you are the Moonsinger of CFC fame.....

Can you take another PBEM in the long run??????

Cartouche Bee
02-08-2003, 20:08
Wait your turn Killer. [nya] :)

Lt. Killer M
02-08-2003, 20:10
CB, can't call you, u coming to Greybull, MT, to check out our dig?

Cartouche Bee
02-08-2003, 23:57
Killer, we got split up on this side and the other half of my party is on the road.

Hot enough for you there? :)

Moonsinger
04-08-2003, 14:22
Anarres, Killer, and CB:

If you don't mind the long run, we sure can get started. Please note that I always say that I will do it in the "long run" and 1 turn a day just to be on the safe side, but usually that won't be the case. For example, my game with Aggie is already in the 35th turn and we just started it two days ago.;)

Cartouche Bee
04-08-2003, 15:55
Moonsinger, I sent you email with my email address.

We can discuss the last few details and then make a map request.

anarres
04-08-2003, 17:04
Moonsinger,

Catch me on MSM and we can work out the details. I am also a slow player atm, 1 turn/day is probably realistic until I win my games vs ERIKK, Kemal and CB. [satan]

Moonsinger
07-08-2003, 00:14
CB, I will look for your email...still have gotten any message from you yet.

Cartouche Bee
08-08-2003, 04:32
OK, I just tried the mail again. :)