PDA

View Full Version : Changes to User Titles for Moderators

anarres
31-07-2003, 00:59
We have many people here who mod their own PBEM forums, and have so far had a default title of 'Moderator'.

Today I changed the forum code to set Titles for Moderators to the normal defaults. Moderators of non-PBEM forums have had their custom titles changed in their profile to be 'Moderator', they are free to change it to something else if they wish.

Anyone can go in to the members list and edit their profile to have a custom Title, there is no post restriction on this. To set a custom title back to the default enter "" for the Title in your Profile.

Irigy
25-02-2004, 15:31
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Anyone can go in to the members list and edit their profile to have a custom Title, there is no post restriction on this. To set a custom title back to the default enter "" for the Title in your Profile.

Could you clarify this a bit? I can't find anything regarding this in the Profile setup.

anarres
25-02-2004, 15:52
That was a mistake, and I should change the post. Soon enough I will add it in to the profile page so you can change it...

Pastorius
16-02-2005, 11:14
so, where is it?

Beorn
06-11-2007, 22:30
He said soon enough.

Shabbaman
06-11-2007, 23:20
You'll have to reach 5000 posts first.

Matrix
07-11-2007, 01:04
That explains the first word in your title, Shabba. ;)

Shabbaman
08-11-2007, 13:53
I figured out a way around this: I can set the "moderator" status to something else (I suggest PBEM whore), and then manually edit the "real" mods to "moderator" (except for meli, 'cause I can't edit other admins).
The weird this is that the "problem" Anarres describes above doesn't really exist: for example, both Matrix and Aggie are pbem mods, but not mods. But Matrix'status is Sid, and Aggie's is Moderator. This doesn't make any sense. KR for example, who actually mods a non-pbem forum, has the Sid status as well. I suspect that the postcount status goes before the custom moderator status, and that when you reach a new postcount level, your status will reset. Or something.