PDA

View Full Version : Kemal vs. Moonsinger **spoiler**

Moonsinger
30-07-2003, 16:38
* Map size large, continents, with both players starting on a different continent
* difficulty Deity
* 6 random AI opponents
* sedentary barbs
* climate: temperature, age: random
* Kemal -> Iroquois, Moonsinger -> China
* Additional Rules: No military alliance with AI against human player. No capture and disband city within the same turn. No build and disband new city within the same turn.
* Map created by Skyfish - thanks!:)

My starting postion as follows:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/moonsinger/2003730163719_turn001a.jpg
33.58*KB

col
30-07-2003, 16:43
Separate continents?? Going for a space race against Kemal then Moonsinger?

Moonsinger
30-07-2003, 16:51
I believe that Kemal wants to do the same to me as he did to ProPain. Therefore, I don't think he will go for the space race. I'm expecting him to land his SOD at my core cities after he discovers Replacable Part. Therefore, I have put together a plan to deal with that at the moment.:)

ProPain
30-07-2003, 19:26
You read my spoiler (it's gone now, whole website came down when I changed ISP [cry]) and I shouldn't have gone for peace when i found him. So be agressive is my advise.

Moonsinger
30-07-2003, 20:06
quote:Originally posted by ProPain
You read my spoiler (it's gone now, whole website came down when I changed ISP [cry]) and I shouldn't have gone for peace when i found him. So be agressive is my advise.

Your spoiler was gone before I have a chance to read it.[cry] However, I did read Kemal's spoiler on what he did to you which I think will help me greatly on this game since I'm playing the Chinese too.
___

Turn 1: I moved my worker onto the cow and see nothing special so I found my capital at the starting location. Since it would take 36 turns to research Pottery at 100% science, I decided to go with the 40 turns research on the Wheel. Alphabet may be a better choice but for some reason, I have an urge to locate horses as soon as possible. Since there are six AIs in this game, I assume that three of them will be on my continent. Hopefully, I will be to buy Pottery not too far down the road.:)

Skyfish
30-07-2003, 20:06
I wouldn't expect Kemal to go for the same strategy twice, especially seeing the detailed level of his spoilers
;)

Moonsinger
30-07-2003, 20:18
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish
I wouldn't expect Kemal to go for the same strategy twice, especially seeing the detailed level of his spoilers;)

Since it was his idea to start us out on two separate continents, I figured he likes his game vs ProPain too much.;) Therefore, it's possible that he won't change his style.

Moonsinger
31-07-2003, 02:17
An update of my little world after 8 turns.[band]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/moonsinger/200373121657_turn009a.jpg
54.59KB

Cartouche Bee
31-07-2003, 04:20
Nice jungle! [cry]

Ehecatl Atzin
31-07-2003, 07:25
No river?! ain't that sort of a growth inhibitor? or is that a lake?

ERIKK
31-07-2003, 07:43
Not a good site indeed: no river/lake, jungles to the south, ocean to the east,
plains and desert to the west and north. But hey, you are that good a player, you
dont need a good site for a good game! ;)

River/lake allows you to grow beyond size=6 without an aquaduct. River also provides
extra cash! [groucho]

Skyfish
31-07-2003, 09:19
Wow, Erikk I am sure Moonsinger will appreciate you giving her guidance as to what a river/lake
mean in a game, you should start a Newbie/FAQ thread :D
Actually it's an unfair advantage to her, I think I will tell Kemal you are secretly helping her in the game
[lol]

ERIKK
31-07-2003, 10:37

Wow, Erikk I am sure Moonsinger will appreciate you giving her guidance as to what a river/lake
mean in a game, you should start a Newbie/FAQ thread :D
Actually it's an unfair advantage to her, I think I will tell Kemal you are secretly helping her in the game
[lol]

[wallbash] ...I was answering Ehecatl Atzin.... [rolleyes]

ProPain
31-07-2003, 11:48
I found a backup!! I'll upload it again so everyone can enjoy my total noob gameplay again.

ProPain
31-07-2003, 11:50
BTW, whats with the no acquiring/disposing of cities in 1 turn rule?

Any special reason?

anarres
31-07-2003, 12:00
PP, that's to stop settler creep. Personally I think it's OK to take an enemy city, then disband it and re-found on the same spot. What is not OK in my mind is to disband a city and refound one in it's surrounding 8 tiles.

ProPain
31-07-2003, 12:04
I dont get that.

Settler creep : using your own settler to push the borders so your army can advance faster??

What's the problem with refounding in the 8 surrounding tiles. The AI sometime builds in places that dont suit me at all. So I'll disband and resettle, and why not the same turn.
If it's just for faster army movement, it takes some real planning to do that (lots of settler and maybe even workers needed) so whats the problem?

anarres
31-07-2003, 12:14
You can attack anywhere in 1 turn, to almost any city. In Industrial time it is trivial to get 10 settlers in 1 turn and do this.

Skyfish
31-07-2003, 13:23
[groucho] Guys, you are threadjacking Moonsinger's spoilers [nono]

;)

What's really interesting about this rule is that Moonsinger is the one that "invented" the Settler Creep (combined with huge Arti stacks) tactics, at least she was the 1st to post an article about it in the Strat section of CFC.
At the time (before PTW), a whole debate ensued about how deadly this tactic would be against another human !
Too bad we wont be able to verify it in this game, it was a purely hypothetical discussion at the time :D

anarres
31-07-2003, 13:27
[lol]

I'm glad you put "invent" in quotes, some of us have been using settler creep since before we knew of CFC and ethical play. ;)

Skyfish
31-07-2003, 13:35
Ever heard of "galantry" anarres [groucho] ? Not a British concept, I'll give you that... [lol]

Btw Erikk, even Ehecatl Atzin knows about rivers, he was being "ironic" :D
From the Merriam-Webster, IRONIC = implies an attempt to be amusing or provocative by saying usually the opposite of what is meant.

anarres
31-07-2003, 14:15
Yes Sky, you are right, I wasn't being gallant. [crazyeye]

Gallentry is most definitely a Brittish concept, as is sarcasm. ;)

I promise no more threadjacking form me, as long as Sky thinks before his brainfarts reach the keyboard. [rotfl]

Skyfish
31-07-2003, 14:55
[confused] hu ? [confused]
What did my brainpharts do to you anarres ?

Moonsinger
31-07-2003, 15:01
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

BTW, whats with the no acquiring/disposing of cities in 1 turn rule?

Any special reason?

Well, I requested that rule specifically to help protect Kemal against the evil inside of me who like to use my settler as a weapon of mass destruction.j/k I'm really harmless.

Ehecatl Atzin
31-07-2003, 23:58
...Btw Erikk, even Ehecatl Atzin knows about rivers, he was being "ironic" :D

MWAHAHAHAHA... indeed I was[coool][}:)][evil] ..triple smiley! score!

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 16:45
After I encountered 3 angry barbs from popping their hut 2 turns ago, 2 of them attacked my warriors and promoted him to vet (3 hps left on him). I took a chance and killed the third barb, ended up meeting Greece.:) I gave Greece Masonry + Warrior Code in exchange for Alphabet. Hopefully, the jungles in my southern border will protect me from hostile Hoplite in the future.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/moonsinger/200381164852_turn013a.jpg
27.22*KB

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 18:24
Do you have any idea just how big the jungle is? they usually aren't that big...usually

anarres
01-08-2003, 18:25
Yeah, I have seen jumgle 10 tiles deep and 20 tiles wide, same goes for mountain/hill ranges.

If you want for random map who knows what you got. [ponder]

Moonsinger
01-08-2003, 18:41
Hopefully, I will know the basic shape of my continent by this weekend. Kemal said that he may have time for a power play session tomorrow. So far, I found a river up north (great!)...guess that's where my second city will be.
[band]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/moonsinger/200381184035_turn013b.jpg
34.52KB

Ehecatl Atzin
01-08-2003, 21:02
ooohhh.. I'm sensing some mayor irrigation plans comming up for your workers! ;)

Skyfish
01-08-2003, 21:52
Look at those beautiful flood plains...and all those luxuries [eek]
See that map aint that horrible after all no ? ;)

Moonsinger
06-08-2003, 20:07
Thank you Skyfish for those wonderful floodplains and luxuries.:)

Skyfish
06-08-2003, 20:43
Well I was being pushy but honestly if you have any qualms about the map please feel free to email me or post here : I really am not touchy about my map making skills at all!
I need to improve and any feedback is greatly appreciated :) It might be more fitting however to wait until you see most strat resources and possibly the start of your opponent ;)

Moonsinger
06-08-2003, 23:20
Skyfish,

According what Kemal told me on MSN, I think I have a better starting position than him; therefore, you won't hear any complain about the map from me.;) Anyway, we have played about 26 turns so far and I'm currently ahead of Kemal by a dozen points.

Ehecatl Atzin
06-08-2003, 23:48
ARRGGG!!! just saw that you created a spoiler thread for our game... I am SO tempted to peak!...but I won't ;) I guess now I can't just go to the latest post in your forum, I have to enter and then choose the thread :)

Moonsinger
06-08-2003, 23:59
Hi Ehecatl, I have time for a power play session right now...if you have time.

Skyfish
07-08-2003, 09:30
Dont believe what Kemal says I doubt he will tell you the truth and give you valuable information
about his start ;)
[lol]

Moonsinger
16-08-2003, 01:02
I just realized that there is no horse any where near my territory. The only two horses that I can spot are very far away and inside Greek territory. How am I going to build Raider without horse?[cry]

To Skyfish: Please note that this is not a complain...I really like this map. I'm sure I shall find a way to get some horses.

anarres
16-08-2003, 01:19
An early war against the Greeks? [cry]

Moonsinger
16-08-2003, 01:59
In order for me to attack Greeks, I must first cross that endless jungle in the South...By the time my swordmans get to the other side of the jungles, Greeks probably will be in the Industrial Age.[cry] Even if I get their horse, it would take a long time to build road across that jungle.[cry] I think it's time for plan "B".:)

Skyfish
16-08-2003, 06:42
Oops ! the horses were not really meant to be "unreachable", sorry [sad]

anarres
16-08-2003, 14:59
hehe, you bastard Sky! No Riders for the Chinese!

Moonsinger
18-08-2003, 00:06
Oops ! the horses were not really meant to be "unreachable", sorry [sad]

That's ok! You did a good job on creating this map and I really enjoy it.:) I'm sure I will find a way around it.

Moonsinger
18-08-2003, 00:43
Here are the location of horses and irons in my game. The two nearest source of horses that I have found so far are circle in red and the two source of irons are circle in green.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/moonsinger/200381804234_HorseAndIron.jpg
68.03KB