PDA

View Full Version : PBEM virgin seeks Vet. - GAME STARTED

hotrod0823
28-07-2003, 01:25
Looking for anyone willing to start a PBEM game on Emperor. Random civs and willing to play with Standard SG rules.

I have only been in 1 PBEM game with 4 others and it flopped horribly. I really want to make a game to the finish.

Thanks

Hotrod[wavey]

Aggie
28-07-2003, 07:43
What about me? Welcome to CDZ by the way!

Ehecatl Atzin
28-07-2003, 07:45
welcome Hotrod, as a fellow first timer to real PBEM, I know how you feel. I'm no veteran, but I'll play if you want.

hotrod0823
28-07-2003, 14:02
Aggie, Sure! Wasn't sure if your plate was too full but I would like to get my feet wet. How do you go about setting up the game? I can start any time before thursday but we have visitors coming and I am getting kicked out of the spare bedroom then.

Do you recommend getting a map made? I will be any civ and will play any map of standard size.

Hotrod

Nightfa11
28-07-2003, 14:45
Welcome Hotrod. Nice to see you over here. I'm full up on PBEM's but once you and aggie sort out map details, I might make the map.

Aggie
28-07-2003, 14:56
I think it's best that someone makes a map for us. We can ask it in this forum.

What about the following:

Difficulty: emperor or deity
Map: pangaea, standard size, rest random
Civs: random, but both with similar traits and similar UU's
AI civs: 6 of them, random

I found that a pangaea map where the humans don't start next to each other is a lot of fun. Continents tend to end with two humans that conquered their own island.
Also I think that deity in PBEM is a bit easier than a SP game. I figure that the reason for that is that you have another civ without the deity benefit and you tend to spend more time per turn. We could ask for a bit of room to expand for both. It's also possible to ask for two settlers for the humans on deity. Emperor is a level we can both easily beat. The AI will then only be cannon fodder.

hotrod0823
28-07-2003, 15:04
Okay diety sounds fine. Pangaea with "equal" civs sounds good. If Nightfall can make the map and he can even pick the civs :). I don't care who I play but as long as they are on equal footing it should be good. NO need to have extra settlers ( I have a knack for getting free ones anyway :lol: ).

Aggie
28-07-2003, 15:07
OK, I'll post a map request then :)

jack merchant
28-07-2003, 17:57
I'd like to extend a hearty welcome to Hotrod too and certainly want to play - if you haven't got your plate full yet [lol]

hotrod0823
28-07-2003, 18:15
I think I will see how my first game with Aggie goes then see if I want to take on more.

To all: Thanks for the welcome

Hotrod :)