PDA

View Full Version : Nightfall vs Aggie, part 2 *MAP MADE*

Aggie
23-07-2003, 20:39
NF and me want to have a rematch with a twist.

Map size: standard
70% water
Map type: archipelago - balanced starts for the humans
Level: emperor
Nightfall will be the Vikings (player 1)
Aggie will be the Mongols, but with the BERSERK AS THE UU (only UU!!! - so no Keshik) (player 4)
Barbarians: restless
The rest can be random

A balanced start for both humans is vital IMHO. We like to see a good start, with enough room to expand (this goes for the AI civs too).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Aggie
24-07-2003, 14:38
Considering that the two mapmakers of the last few weeks are the two human players, I wonder who will be so kind to make the map.

If you wish, dear mapmaker, I volunteer to set up the rule changes (and send a bix) so that only a map has to be made...

Aggie
24-07-2003, 16:55
Here is the zipped bix. I already removed the Keshik as a UU for the Mongols and added the Berserk to that civ. I also defined the 8 civs being emperor plus player 1 is the Vikings and player 4 the Mongols.

Mapmaker, please be so kind to check whether I did good.

And oh, we don't want to start on the same island ;)

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Aggie vs Nightfall berserks.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/aggie/2003724165338_Aggie vs Nightfall berserks.zip)
22.89KB

Aggie
25-07-2003, 15:30
OK, I even settle for a PBEM made in 1.21. This will actually mean that we lose a turn and that the passwords are fixed. But I can live with it, since it also happened in my game vs CB.

So now I only ask for someone to make a map in 1.21 and the need for version 1.14 is not there...

anarres
25-07-2003, 15:43
Aggie, I am probably working tomorrow (if not then probably Sunday instead). Providing I can find time on my non-working day I will do this. It is not fair that someone who gives the most gets the least. :(

Gothmog
25-07-2003, 15:46
I agree, party foul. I've never even opened up the civ editor but I'll try to look through the map making tutorial this weekend so I can make a few maps.

Aggie
25-07-2003, 15:52
@Gothmog: that would be great :) Only thing is that this one has a twist (the mongols have a different UU). However, that shouldn't be too difficult to see. It is in the unit section of the editior. The Keshik shouldn't be available for anyone and the Berserk should be available for the Mongols and the Vikings.

Gothmog
26-07-2003, 14:40
Alright, my first map attempt for my man Aggie.

I took the bix file provided and generated the desired map. Then I assigned starting locations for the Vikes and Mongols and made some minor balance adjustments. Then I checked that Zerks were available for both, and Keshk to nobody. I assigned the default AI to Emperor level (in general settings) and that was about it. Did I miss something? I didn't do anything with names or passwords.

Hope it works for you guys I'll check in later to see if I need to do more. Note that I didn't do the 1.14 conversion.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif AggievNighfall.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/gothmog/2003726143952_AggievNighfall.zip)
36.63KB

Aggie
26-07-2003, 16:40
Thanks Gothmog [thumbsup]. Now someone with 1.14 has to make a save...

EDIT: or someone who knows how to do it in 1.21 [:o]

Nightfa11
26-07-2003, 17:05
Thanks Gothmog!!!! [viking]

Gothmog
26-07-2003, 18:32
Glad to help,hope it serves you well.

Aggie
28-07-2003, 09:16
@Nightfall: yesterday it occured to me that it isn't a disaster when I make the save of the first turn. The only information that would be revealed is your starting position. You would post that anyway. I'll make sure that we have random AI civs!

Do you object to me making the save? If so, someone else has to do it...

Nightfa11
28-07-2003, 14:43
That's fine :) I wondered why you didn't do it anyways (because of the first turn thing.

Aggie
28-07-2003, 17:53
Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Nightfa11 vs Aggie, 4000 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/aggie/200372817528_Nightfa11 vs Aggie, 4000 BC.SAV)
64.25KB

The admin pw = 'admin'

I remembered why I shouldn't be the one to make the save: when choosing the scenario the map is revealed. I can tell you that I didn't look!

Skyfish
28-07-2003, 17:55
I'll train on this one to see if I can do it Aggie ;)

Aggie
28-07-2003, 18:18
Great! And when you've proven yourself, you can do a real one (Aggie - Eldakkar [:p] )

Aggie
22-09-2003, 08:15
Despite all the work that was put into this, we found out that there is still something wrong in the set up. We can hardly blame the mapmaker for this though:

- I was able to build berserks once I got invention
- I was able to upgrade archers to berserks
- I was able to trigger a GA with the berserks, but...
- In my GA I can't build berserks or upgrade to them...the upgrade is only possible to longbows :(

This is a game breaker. Now I was wondering what could be wrong here. I saw that berserks upgrade to longbows (in the civclopedia). Should longbows have been removed from the game? But still: why could I build/upgrade to berserks before the GA?

Skyfish
22-09-2003, 09:40
Wow that is really weird...
Maybe I did somehting wrong...Longobows should have been taken out probably...
Please send me your latest save .

Aggie
22-09-2003, 10:01
Will do Skyfish, this night. And like I said: I can hardly blame you for it. Especially when Gothmog made the map :D. Everything seemed perfect but the GA had a strange effect.

Skyfish
22-09-2003, 10:12
Shit I mixed it with the Jack/Nightfall map which had special mods as well...
Sorry Gothmog :(
Still I'd be interested in having the save since I bet Gothmog made it exactly the way I would.

Aggie
22-09-2003, 10:23
We all would have done it like that I think. That's why I posted the remark in the first place :)