PDA

View Full Version : What's the use of this forum?

Matrix
13-03-2003, 22:33
Quite a mean question to begin with, but I don't think it's a good idea to split the discussions about PBEM's into two forums. Personally...I think this forum should disappear.

But if you all insist, I suggest to create subforums for each PBEM instead of for each player. This way we can have different topics for every PBEM. Now we have to keep switching to all the different players.

WildFire
13-03-2003, 22:39
Nice signature...

I think its a good idea because hopefully the moderators wont be too strict ;) and its basically nice for discussion where as stuff that was typed here would probably somehow be viewed as spam at CFC.

ERIKK
13-03-2003, 22:47
This forum is for people to discuss their PBEM's where they all have their own threads in which the opponent cannot look.

It was for PBEM only ;)

anarres
13-03-2003, 22:51
Matrix,

Your idea about dividing the forums is worth thinking about. This wasn't really planned so it doesn't have any theory behind the layout.

If the people decide they don't want it they are welcome to leave and I can delete their threads so they can be reposted on CFC. I am sorry you don't think it was a good idea.

Melifluous
14-03-2003, 11:09
Also this forum isn't moderated so we can say what we like here...

Matrix stop being such a fucking arse...
I really fucking hate the way you always bang on about how things should be done. You are sometimes right and you are sometimes wrong.
I would like to know who died and made you the fucking god of all things PBEM related...?
Stop being a twat, offer suggestions and stick to PLAYING civ instead of trying to moderate everything that happens to do with it.

Apart from that I really do like the games we play and some of your comments...

Welcome to Anarres' PBEM Forum [:p]

Shabbaman
14-03-2003, 12:04
"A fucking arse"?

Now, I've seen some pretty sick pictures of animals in zoology class, but I can't imagine anything like that. Could you describe it for me please?

col
14-03-2003, 12:44
My, my. Melifluous isnt living up to his name today.

Who's mod of this forum? How do I report gratuitous use of 'fucking arse', 'fucking hate', 'fucking god', and 'twat'.

Melifluous
14-03-2003, 12:49
Bleh sanctimonious old fart ;)

Melifluous

anarres
14-03-2003, 13:23
quote:Originally posted by col

My, my. Melifluous isnt living up to his name today.

Who's mod of this forum? How do I report gratuitous use of 'fucking arse', 'fucking hate', 'fucking god', and 'twat'.
I am the mod here, although I don't tell peole how to behave. Only if posts are interfering with normal site use will they be changed or a user banned, but I hope this doesn't happen soon.

Like all things in life you just need to accept people express themselves in different ways.

Note that I am not agreeing or disagreeing with Mel's viewpoint, I am just stating site policy. In fact, I believe I already stated my views on the matter. :)

Lt. Killer M
14-03-2003, 14:58
Matrix: if we post on CFC, there is a pretty high risk of some newbie spilling 'confidential' spoiler info somewhere. Also, here, we each mod our own threads on our own games.

Not splitting PBEMs for players is a neat idea, but I have come up wiht a good way to deal with it: for each game there are three threads: one is open, the two others are private *spoilers*, not accessible for the opponent. And each player is mod for his own spoiler.

Matrix
15-03-2003, 15:51
Mel, chill!

I state my opinion, is that disallowed? I think there can be big misunderstandings when discussions about a certain PBEM will be split in two forums. It will be more difficult to survey. Why take that trouble?

Another thing: the lack of moderation. :p Both you and anarres strongly disappoint me here! I'm very glad that at CFC such words are censured!

Sorry, but I'm not gonna check this forum. It's double. We already have CFC.

Matrix
15-03-2003, 17:21
Correction: I will read it, but not participate.

Anarres, for you I'm sorry to say this, because of course it costs/costed a lot of effort.

anarres
15-03-2003, 17:32
Matrix,

I am sorry if you think I need to censor certain words, I really don't think I do. When you see those ****'s, can you really not know what it says anyway?

Killer pretty much summed up why I use this place in my last post.

anarres
15-03-2003, 17:34
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Correction: I will read it, but not participate.Good to hear. :)

quote:
Anarres, for you I'm sorry to say this, because of course it costs/costed a lot of effort.No problem, I started it to host just my own PBEM's, and would have done it anyway.

Melifluous
15-03-2003, 18:02
Also I like this forum slightly better because

1) I am Moderator of my own forums, and can censor/moderate/amend the content as I like.

2) I can tell some people exactly what I think of them without my right to respond being removed. I do not like it when a moderator says "OK I understand you disagree, but I find you offensive so I will arrange it so that no-one can hear what you say".

OK?

Oh and Matrix who gives a fuck if you post here or not? I find your behaviour arrogant in the extreme, if you aint gonna post, dont post, dont post a whingy bit on how much anarres and I dissapoint you here. Who are you? My dad? Dont make me fucking laugh, I aint alive to keep you or anyone else happy. If I haven't dissapointed everyone I know then I haven't been trying hard enough.

Chill? Bollocks...
I say what I like...

Melifluous

Matrix
15-03-2003, 19:01
Oi, this is heavy...

First of all, the moderators of CFC are doing a terrific job! In fact, I don't know any forum that has better moderators. And you are a perfect example why they are so good: because venting one's opinion in this manner is disallowed there! It's totally unnecessary and only creates a hostile environment. I don't like reading these kind of posts and if this was the common way of posting at CFC, I wouldn't come there as often.

About you finding me arrogant: please elaborate in a friendly manner! I too want to keep the atmosphere healthy. After all, the only reason we're all "together" is because we all simply like to play Civ3 and I want to continue liking that while playing with you. After all, MP is much more fun than SP and I'd be stuck with my brother and perhaps in the future my dad (no, not your granddad).

(This was something I had to react to. I first wanted to let it be, but...)

col
15-03-2003, 19:37
I, for one, am not comfortable with some of the language being used around here - no not the "fuck"s but the hostility behind the language.

"I say what I like"

Sure - just dont write it for everyone to read.

I dont like or want a totaly unmoderated forum and will confine myself to the pbem threads from now on.

Melifluous
16-03-2003, 10:25
OK quick reply from me here then I'm gonna leave it before I really do end up being the first person to be banned here...

Sorry Matrix.

Simple as that, I apologise, something about your literary style annoys me, but thats my problem. I dont need to tell you all about it, and other people obviously sont like hearing it.

I will curb my youthful enthusiasm, and turn my energies to something more productive.

I am very sorry for anybody I annoyed here, I let my stupid potty mouth get the better of me.

Can we all be friends again now ?

Melifluous

MODERATOR WARNING

Melifluous please read forum post under moderator rules

quote:- Is flaming constantly and without letup, and is pissing off other forum users.

I think this is quite clear now stop it

Moderator Melifluous

Stop being a dick Meli

Matrix
16-03-2003, 11:26
No hard feelings, Mel! ;)

I will try to watch my style more. I don't mean to annoy anyone just as you do. ;)

Melifluous
16-03-2003, 15:15
I am suffering from a rare form of foot in mouth disease.

My doctor says that I should lay off posting for a couple of days, but I just can't let down my friends ;)

Melifluous

Lt. Killer M
16-03-2003, 17:57
meli, Matrix: finally you both arrived at the point I expected from you both! Goodjob! and thank you both! [;]]