PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson about Prank Calling

Nightfa11
08-07-2003, 22:41
One of the boards I frequent has over 39,000 members. Someone prank called one of them, without disabling caller ID. The person who was pranked posted the message in the off topic section of the board. So far 50+ ppl have called this kid's cell phone :)

Here's the thread for anyone who is interested

clicky (http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328332)

anarres
09-07-2003, 01:09
Wow. [eek]

Remind me to block my number next time I go prank calling anyone. ;)

Stapel
09-07-2003, 08:41
What is a chewbacca? It is annoying anyway, being called at 4 in the morning, but does asking for a chewbacca make things worse? Does it prove the kid had bad intentions?

I don't know what a chewbacca is, but I want one and I want it now!

Shabbaman
09-07-2003, 08:41
http://www.zianet.com/brettj/steal.jpg
"Chewbacca won't stop calling me..."

[rotfl]

Skyfish
09-07-2003, 10:46
I dont know what's funnier, the pranker being pranked or Stapel not knowing who Chewbacca is [lol]
[wallbash]

Shabbaman
09-07-2003, 11:03
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/stapel/2003619133727_dudes3.jpg
"I don't know why all these ladies come over to my house every time. What's that wookiee chest hair they keep talking about?"

Stapel
09-07-2003, 11:13
I still don't have a clue!

Hey! That's me 15 kilo's ago!

Skyfish
09-07-2003, 12:07
[luke2]

Shabbaman
09-07-2003, 12:30
http://www.thisisgood.com/starwars/YaBBImages/lipsrsealed.gif

anarres
09-07-2003, 12:36
"Let the wookie win..."

ERIKK
09-07-2003, 13:59
hehehehe,
Stapel where have you been last 25 years?????

Nightfa11
09-07-2003, 14:05
"I'd rather kiss a wookie"

Glad you guys enjoyed the thread :)

Stapel
09-07-2003, 15:30
I guess last 25 years I have been busy with women and cars, whilst thou were watchting starwars....

Serious: I did try to watch these movies a dozen times, but they cannot keep my attention for more than 5 minutes.

Taurendil
09-07-2003, 15:37
Am i the only one here then that thinks that thread is a little over the top? Guess i am getting old and soft [dunno]

anarres
09-07-2003, 15:41
Personally, I would have stopped the first time the kid showed remorse. I doubt if many people here would have taken it to the lengths these guys have...

ERIKK
09-07-2003, 15:53
quote:Originally posted by stapel

Serious: I did try to watch these movies a dozen times, but they cannot keep my attention for more than 5 minutes.
[hmm] ...it is an action movie, no slow going drama movie... Do you have something against stupid/funny looking and talking puppets or infantile stories about talking droids and people handling "light sabers"... Are you allergic to wookies????

Nightfa11
09-07-2003, 16:09
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Personally, I would have stopped the first time the kid showed remorse. I doubt if many people here would have taken it to the lengths these guys have...

Yup, I imagine the poor kid is going to have to change his phone number. I didn't bother to call because there were others doing it. And from some accounts, the kid is getting into it a bit as well. However, he's not going to feel the same when he gets his cell phone bill.

Stapel
09-07-2003, 16:09
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

quote:Originally posted by stapel

[hmm] ...it is an action movie, no slow going drama movie... Do you have something against stupid/funny looking and talking puppets or infantile stories about talking droids and people handling "light sabers"... Are you allergic to wookies????

It is indeed the robot acting like a fagget that makes me walk away! I'd like to see some possibility in a movie. It needs to be realistic! Startrek series is fine. starwars is not my cup of tea.

anarres
09-07-2003, 16:42
Nightfa11, I am shocked that recieving calls on a cell phone costs you money over there. In the UK there are only costs for outgoing calls! [eek]

stapel, I suggest you get over it. Not liking the original and most classic Sci-Fci of all time move because of a gay robot is weird to say the least. [scratch]

Aggie
09-07-2003, 16:58

stapel, I suggest you get over it. Not liking the original and most classic Sci-Fci of all time move because of a gay robot is weird to say the least. [scratch]

[crazyeye]You never saw 2001 A Space Odyssey? That was 1968, 9 years before Star Wars. Also Star Trek was earlier...

By the way, I also don't like Star Wars. The first three were OK, but the last two are not my cup of tea. Those are for kids.

Nightfa11
09-07-2003, 17:25
Anarres, we are in the dark ages of cell phones over here. Some plans allow first incoming minute free, not all. Plus our cell phones are, at best, half as good as Eurasian cell phones. :(

Stapel: If you like cars, you should at least like the site this came from :) 39000 car enthusiasts....

anarres
09-07-2003, 18:03
OK Aggie, you are right! Star Wars is just such an architypal Sci-Fci movie that it feeels like it started the whole thing off.

2001 is more of a cult classic than a genre-leader, Star Trek (movie #1) is also a classic, but it was a money roller from day 1 and I still see it as such, a bit of a disapointment.

Whilst I loved Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 (the old ones), I really have no time at all for the money making piles of shit they pass off as Star Wars now (1 and 2). Maybe 3 will be a little more interesting, but I doubt it.

Stapel
10-07-2003, 08:32

As usual, I expressed myself in a cynical way. A robot being affraid for a spider or what.. It is simply mallotic!

@NIghtfall! That site is good!