PDA

View Full Version : Melifluous vs Skyfish --MAP MADE--

Skyfish
07-07-2003, 13:30
The DADS MATCH

[argue]

We need a map equivalent to the anarres/CB match.

Standard map / medium
2 big islands/continents
4 billions years
No AI !
Each of us on a separate continent.
Sedentary barbs

Skyfish : Egypt (player 1)
Meli : America

Needless to say, please put special care in balancing the map, particularly in terms of ressources, luxes and huts...
[cyclops]

anarres
07-07-2003, 14:39
I believe Nightfa11 made a map like this for me and killer, but we have postponed our game for a couple of months.

Skyfish
07-07-2003, 15:05
To be totally blunt [stoned] I'd love a Dr A map on this one :D

But if we can use one that's already ready let's go for it [jump]

Nightfa11
07-07-2003, 15:20
@Sky: The map is small...not standard. You are certainly welcome to use it if you like, however. It might be a bit resource heavy but is very well balanced (almost perfectly without being uniform...same number of resources on each side of the map)

Skyfish
07-07-2003, 18:23
Small is OK if the land to water ratio is high : how much water have you got in the map ?

Aggie
08-07-2003, 17:54
I see that Dr A didn't respond yet? Shall I make the map or do you want to wait for Dr A?

EDIT: scratch that. I haven't got the time and patience to make a good and balanced map. Only in weekends and only when I'm well rested. Sorry :(

DrAlimentado
08-07-2003, 20:43
I've got this, it probably won't be finished till tomorrow at the earliest though.

I have already spent about an hour and a half on it... and there's still some way to go! being standard size there is quite a lot more landmass to balance than the CB/anarres map, hence the extra time needed to get it just so.

Skyfish
08-07-2003, 21:24
Oh great ! [dance]
Thank you so much for this : please dont spend too much time on it... perfection does not exist !
I had no idea the CB anarres map was small and not standard [dunno]

Thanks a lot for your unrewarded efforts [:X]

DrAlimentado
13-07-2003, 17:28
At long last, here it is!
icon_paperclip.gif SF vs Meli 4000BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/DrAlimentado/2003713172433_SF vs Meli 4000BC.SAV)

SF is up first, admin pw is "mostevilmapever" [satan]*

oh, you didn't say what level so I assumed deity. As it's no AI it's only your cities (and barb modifier) that is affected anyway.

*I've been a bit more stringent on strat resources than before. You both have access to at least 1 of each resource but some are a bit further than you might desire...

Skyfish
13-07-2003, 18:52
[worship] [:o] [worship]