PDA

View Full Version : Regent level or lower _ GAME STARTED

Sir Eric
05-07-2003, 15:56
Hello. I'm looking for a regent level game or 5. I can play at min Once daily but usually twice daily.
Preferences are pangea, large/normal, 5b, dry, but these are flexible.

edit: sorry just saw I posted this in the wrong section

Aggie
05-07-2003, 15:58
Hi Sir Eric. Welcome at CDZ!

AFAIK this is the right section ;)

anarres
05-07-2003, 16:58
Hi Sir Eric, welcome!

This is indeed the right place to look for an opponent. I'm sure someone will take up the challenge. :D

Aggie
05-07-2003, 23:38
We have more higher level players atm... You maybe have to wait a bit longer than emperor players would. I don't know if you want to play a higher level player on regent or lower... If so and no-one else wants play... I'm always in for a game.

Sir Eric
06-07-2003, 10:15
Thanks aggie, how about a game on Monarch then? I've never played that level before but there's nothing like on the job training to improve ones playing ability. ;)
As this is my first go at this level, what settings would you suggest?

Aggie
06-07-2003, 10:23
Sir Eric, you can also play regent. No problem here :)

I'd suggest:
continents (we both start on different ones, so I can't rush you)
standard or small map...depends on what you want.
You could be a great civ, like Persia, Ottomans, Egypt, Japan, China.
I could be Korea, England (not too great as civs)
We could ask the mapmakers to either have a balanced start or have me on a mediocre spot and you on a good one...

Sir Eric
06-07-2003, 13:45
Continents on a standard map sound good to me. And if regent isn't a prob then we'll go with that(I'll go up to monach another day).
I would prefer a balanced start as I dont want to play a game just to win but to learn how to play better, so pick what ever civ you're happy with.
I like the idea of being on different islands to start of with but with some ai to toy with as well.
I'll play as the Japenese.
My email is mandmyoung[at]optusnet.com.au

Aggie
06-07-2003, 13:49
OK, deal!
Regent, Continents (we start on different islands), standard size map, other map features random, you are Japan, I am India (both a Unique Unit in the same area).

My e-mail is ageling[at]xs4all.nl. I live in Holland so we have a lot of time difference...

I'll make a map request in our forum when your happy with the specs.

Sir Eric
06-07-2003, 14:39
Excellent. cant wait to get started.
I'm off now so I will play it in the morning.

Sir Eric
10-09-2003, 09:13
Is there anyone else that is interested in another game on regent?
I'm getting the hang of regent now so this will be my last pbem on it, But i'm prepared to play chieftan or warlord if there is a new person to civ that isn;t quite ready to play on one of the higher levels.

Aggie
10-09-2003, 09:36
Sir Eric, you do perfectly on regent ;). You are a very regular player and I enjoy the PBEM we have.

There, I hope this helps you to get new volunteers :).

Sir Eric
10-09-2003, 13:33
Thanks aggie. My wife has some friends in New Zealand. I'll put a good word in for you ;)

Aggie
10-09-2003, 13:47
Sir Eric, where's your avatar? You can request to place yours in a thread in Site Feedback :)

anarres
10-09-2003, 14:17
heh, I really like your current CFC one!

Sir Eric
11-09-2003, 08:30
Thanks I was feeling a bit lonely without my Lion mate