PDA

View Full Version : Why are you going to leave CFC?

WildFire
13-03-2003, 23:21
If you ever decide too? Will it be because of the people, the moderators, or it just got boring to you? Or will you always take a few weeks to clear your head and dive back in? :)

ERIKK
13-03-2003, 23:31
I am not leaving nor did I ever think of it!

WildFire
13-03-2003, 23:32
Thats why it says If you ever decide too [:p]

anarres
13-03-2003, 23:45
It's a shame that people leave CFC, but unless people actually are thinking of leaving isn't this just inviting a general 'bashing' against CFC?

WildFire
13-03-2003, 23:49
No. And if that starts to happen, close it.

People like gonzo and such. Like getting married or being stranded in Africa foe a year could be reasons. Well, not really the latter but, you know ;)

col
13-03-2003, 23:55
I see this forum as a more private area where we can spam up the pbem threads as much as we want. I dont think TF would particularly welcome some many threads from a handful of people in the pbem forum of CFC. I can certainly see me going through spells inevitably where real life takes over and I just dont have time to play Civ or post at CFC. I guess that is true for all of us.

Shabbaman
14-03-2003, 10:50
I doubt I will leave, since there are some things I enjoy there. For instance, the newbie thread, the RPG and the sports forum. But I think it's a good thing that CFC runs things like NES, GOTM, SG and the war academy, although I don't participate in them.
I've had some difficulties with some moderators in the past (not that I got banned, but because I commented on how they acted), even with some moderators I respect. Well, I've given up on people to behave less rude to others, so I don't see much of a problem here.

And yes, I think this could lead to CFC bashing.

Aggie
16-03-2003, 22:23
I won't leave. The CIV-part is great and I meet new CIV-addicts all the time. OT is not my cup of tea. I stay out of that. OK, I visit it sometimes to check out why people were banned.:D

Sween
17-03-2003, 18:26
when TF just decides to not renew the URL...

Shabbaman
22-04-2003, 09:54
Some weeks ago someone started whining about my signature, claiming it was disturbing. Well, since it isn't too long, I said that there must be others he should harass first. Somehow he managed to circumsize my signature automatically just yesterday.
That forced me to put a link to this forum in my signature. See what he says about that! [:o]

Aggie
22-04-2003, 10:11
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Some weeks ago someone started whining about my signature, claiming it was disturbing.

[lol] You are not allowed to quote CIV3 (Abe of the Americans) in a CIV forum? [lol]

Shabbaman
22-04-2003, 10:44
Apparently not. It might also have had something to do with the size 5 font.

Aggie
22-04-2003, 11:09
Yes, that could be a reason [tongue]

ProPain
22-04-2003, 13:46
what a load of BS. What's wrong with your sig even when it's a size 5 font? Also it's one the most funny lines from civ IMO. Maybe we should all order the 'our words are backed with nuclear weapons'from Apolyton in protest.

Shabbaman
22-04-2003, 13:55
"Our signature is backed with a nameless pbem forum!"

anarres
22-04-2003, 14:26
Was it cracker perchance who complained?

Shabbaman
22-04-2003, 14:46
Yes. I guess he's got too much time at hand. [insert pun here].
I suggested that if it bothered him it'd be much easier to get thunderfall filter large font sizes automatically. Unfortunately, tf did exactly that.

[:o]

anarres
22-04-2003, 16:46
hehe, cracker has cracked with the authority!

average poster --> [no][whipped] <-- cracker

He perma-banned someone yesterday when they were saying AoA didn't follow rules (in site feedback).

Some *very* techey mods over there! [scratch]

Aggie
22-04-2003, 17:01
This an earlier post of this thread:

quote:Originally posted by anarres

... but unless people actually are thinking of leaving isn't this just inviting a general 'bashing' against CFC?

(I know, I did a bit of CFC-bashing as well...)

ERIKK
22-04-2003, 17:12
quote:Originally posted by anarres

hehe, cracker has cracked with the authority!

average poster --> [no][whipped] <-- cracker

He perma-banned someone yesterday when they were saying AoA didn't follow rules (in site feedback).

Some *very* techey mods over there! [scratch]
That dude who was banned must have done some other things that pissed cracker off! At least that is what I get out of it.

anarres
22-04-2003, 17:32
Well, did you read the thread in question (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=926672#post926672)?

I saw nothing in relation to cracker there, and I did a search on his previous posts and there was nothing in the preceding week about cracker.

A shame since the departed was a modder and most of their posts were in the mod forum.

ERIKK
22-04-2003, 19:54
I only read the thread in which he was banned. Therefore I suspected that it was about old trolling which he was actually banned for by cracker (some old pain).

This was just the last drop in the bucket I guessed.

anarres
22-04-2003, 21:04
OK, I see now that I shouldn't really post about it here since it's not very constructive.

You can always ask me online what I think. ;)

Shabbaman
23-04-2003, 10:25
I see the problem, Syrus Knife is the poster formerly known as Sebsage. I've seen him do some nasty tricks on the forum before :D
Unfortunately, can't do a search on his posts, since that function is disabled. Pretty inconvenient, that's how I keep track of my threads. Oh well...

Anarres, added you to msn.

china444
24-04-2003, 18:06
cracker has banned me twice.
From CFC
Killer dont leave CFC
I dont like cracker

Cruise
24-04-2003, 22:30
They seem to be ban-happy sometimes. Don't know what to think of it really. Can't be that bothered with it at all.

Shabbaman
25-04-2003, 10:24
As long as you don't show your head in the OT zone, everything is fine. Don't get over to site feedback too much, there's a lot of whining there as well...
And the most spam. Did you notice that every moderator, former moderator and 3000+ poster commits thread jacking and spamming in the site feedback forum? (actually, that would've been my addition to the 'where's the fun thread. Noticed that padma saved killer from a ban? :goodjob: )
Well, I must say that there's not much about civ3 strategy that would shock the world. I'd still like to know how Aeson gets such ridiculous scores... but if I'd want to discuss my own strategy, I'd rather do that with people I communicate with more frequently, like here, then 'out in the open'.

I'm in love with the newbie thread though. And the sports forum [:p] It's the only place where on the site where you can say:

"America sucks, and saddam and bush are lazy assholes."

Well, not literally, but the message would still be the same. Replace 'america' with 'ajax' and 'saddam and bush' with 'zlatan and mido' and you get the point.

Aggie
25-04-2003, 10:51
@Shabba: Who is Mido? Never heard of him...

Anyway, if you want to bash CFC, why not do it in the CFC OT thread? I hope this forum won't be the place for it.

Shabbaman
25-04-2003, 10:56
Hey, I'm not bashing! And cfc bashing on cfc doesn't sound like a real good idea to me anyway.

Aggie
25-04-2003, 10:57
Shabba, I didn't mean you! I meant others. Sorry for the confusion... I wanted to add to your comments, but I guess it wasn't clear enough

Cruise
25-04-2003, 15:51
Aeson is an awesome player, perhaps someone can challenge him for a PBEM game and see how it goes ;)

china444
26-04-2003, 16:07
I like CFC and I do not think I will leave.

But I ain't leavin here either!

Stapel
04-05-2003, 17:12
I am not planning to leave cfc. Maybe, just maybe, I might ever leave OT. The way it is moderated annoys me more than the crappy bullshit posts that come along there from both the right and left side of the politics spectrum.