PDA

View Full Version : Civ4 Pitboss! Once more unto the breach!

Matrix
03-02-2019, 21:29
I'm planning to start a new Civ4 pitboss in two weeks from now, when I'm back home. Once more like the good old days. Anyone here interested to pick up the game again and dedicate a few minutes per day and a lot of diplomatic chattering? [duelist]

Shabbaman
04-02-2019, 21:21
A mighty fine initiative, but even if I had the time and patience to pick up civ 4 again, I'm handicapped by the absence of a dvd player in my computer.

Matrix
05-02-2019, 10:38
I can't help you with time and patience, but I can offer you ISO's. (Since I know you have the game legally already anyway. :rolleyes:) But know that a USB-DVD-drive doesn't cost that much either.

Shabbaman
05-02-2019, 18:26
You're not even supplying patience? Worst. Host. Ever.

socralynnek
06-02-2019, 01:00
Hmmm, I'd need to install Civ4 as well... but I think I know where the DVD is ;-)

I don't have that much time for playing, but a few minutes per day... I guess that might be possible...

And it seems like even civstats.com is still active...

Matrix
07-02-2019, 14:56
Ah, civstats.com! I remembered the site, but had forgotten the URL. Thanks! :D I was actually considering to recreate it myself. Or perhaps make a mobile app that sends a reminder when you can play your turn again. [rolleyes]

But cool that you like to join. :) Can you PM me your e-mail address? Then I can send details by e-mail.

Matrix
07-02-2019, 15:19
You're not even supplying patience? Worst. Host. Ever.
I am willing to wait for you to join until the 17th. That's ten days of patience for ya!

Beorn
07-02-2019, 20:29
All set, had a quick test run, got whacked by wildlife and barbs. Ready for the real deal.

Matrix
08-02-2019, 09:50
Don't worry, I'm neither. :D

Shabbaman
08-02-2019, 21:27
I am willing to wait for you to join until the 17th. That's ten days of patience for ya!

Hahaha! Well, don't wait for me, I am really sure I don't have the discipline for it now. I'm contemplating to start some version of civ again though.

EDIT: I just saw Imperator is coming april 25th, so I'll sit it out until that is released.

socralynnek
10-02-2019, 03:10
Found my dvd, patched BtS up, started some game, I guess, I haven't played Civ4 for more than 5 years...

But, yeah, it works!

Beorn
16-02-2019, 02:51
So, this Sunday. I don't recall playing much pitboss, do we need outside communication channels, or a centralized thread for general info here? IIRC we can do single player "whisper" chat in-game and trade offers/counters but that requires logging in, right?

Matrix
17-02-2019, 22:50
The game is up! Five real life Finnish friends of mine, one of their friends, socralynnek, Killer, Beorn and me. Ten players. Let's have it! :D

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=3023

Beorn
22-02-2019, 21:17
Matrix, I must issue my first formal diplomatic apology. I mistook this thread and your spoiler thread for lack of reading the title all the way (to the important "spoiler" part). And there was a picture where I remember seeing a tile. This is a breach of protocol but I hope it won't tip the scales.

For the sake of fairness, here's a similarly powered, albeit slightly different tile of mine: I have a grassland forest near city #1. So there, everyone has dirt on me now. If you wish, I could PM another such tile to make it up to you specifically.

Spam aside, do we need a diplomatic hub? Since not everyone is in here for PMs, is diplo to be conducted by snapchat? Or a bit of both? Just wondering, I have no preference nor suggestions.

And welcome Killer, Napoleon was afraid you'd surrender on him.

Matrix
22-02-2019, 23:42
Heh, no worries. [^] I always considered all those brutal asterisks in the title ugly, so I simply use a modest " - Spoiler", but that was apparently asking for trouble.

As for diplomacy, I actually think people will have to help themselves. You can send messages in the game and in such messages you can ask for someone's e-mail address, phone number, Facebook account, Twitter account, fax number, residential address, work address, have covert representatives meet at undisclosed locations... I'm sure people will work it out.

Matrix
22-02-2019, 23:45
Should I tell our Finnish adversaries about this site?

Beorn
23-02-2019, 04:08
Right, there's in-game chat. Shows you how much pitboss I've played ;)

As for this site, well, doesn't EVERYONE know about the famed and ubiquitous civduelzone?

socralynnek
23-02-2019, 13:56
Should I tell our Finnish adversaries about this site?

Well, why not?

It might look a bit rusty over here as time seems to have stopped with Civ4 over here, but well, why not?

Beorn
24-02-2019, 19:37
Should we tell this site about this site? My thread is still absolutely devoid of spam.

Matrix
06-03-2019, 11:38
I think this thread can be moved to the open thread forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45).

Beorn
03-04-2019, 22:14
Would it be terribly unbecoming of me to just declare war on everyone, amicably, to have free right of passage? Just a temporary measure.

Matrix
05-04-2019, 18:49
You could try and see how it works out. [tongue]

Honestly, if you'd declare war on me in order to have your scouting work boat pass by, I really wouldn't mind.

ProPain
10-04-2019, 12:46
I'm filling in for Vili but I'm experiencing problems connecting to the server. Can anyone assist me with this?

What I've done:

- install Civ4.iso
- install BTS.iso
- install BTSpatch.exe
- install Bug.exe

Game starts and runs fine

- start up with bug mod 4.4
- Go Multiplayer
- Direct internet/IP games
- try to log on to civ.lensink.nl with Vili name and pass : connection time out after 'contacting host' for a while
- try to log on to 77.221.39.243 with Vili name and pass : connection time out after 'contacting host' for a while

When I ping directly from CMD everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

ProPain
10-04-2019, 15:24
problem solved, nm.

Beorn
21-04-2019, 00:13
GUYS. When someone finally kills Chad the cool barb, you BETTER make it a big deal in your spoiler.

You'll know which one.