PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite booze?

anarres
30-06-2003, 20:40
What is your favourite booze? I mostly drink G&T, but I voted for my favourite cocktail: Margarita's

Aggie
30-06-2003, 20:43
Whisky, pure.... Islay to be specific :D Do you want to buy me a bottle?

Taurendil
30-06-2003, 20:54
I Voted beer, but perhaps you should ask people to specify there too. I'm into what we call "abdijbieren" in Belgium. The literal translation would be "Abbey-beers". In particular i like a Rochefort 10, and Westmalle double or tripple. If you are now confused, or thinking "beer is just beer" you really need to come to Belgium.

Skyfish
30-06-2003, 21:16
Apart from diverse Bordeaux Grands Crus :
Lagavullin 16y
Balvenie 21y port wood finish
Johnny Walker Blue Label
Aardbeg 1977
Highland Park 21y
Cragganmore 12y
Laphraoig 15y
Bowmore 12y
Glenfiddish 15y Solera Reserve

Anybody wanna visit my cellar ?

;)

anarres
30-06-2003, 21:16
In England I believe we have a fine ale tradition. It's not my favourite though...

Plux
30-06-2003, 21:22
I went for rum. Bacardi & Coke has given me the best nights I have already forgotten :D

Gothmog
30-06-2003, 21:38
Scotch on the Rocks, or Whisky (the difference? I can't tell you).

On someone elses bill I like

Bowmore 21 or 25yr.

More typically I drink Glenlivet 18, or other reasonably priced single malt.

I do like a fresh brewed ale too.

Skyfish, I would certainly enjoy your cellar!

anarres
30-06-2003, 21:45
Gothmog, you should come on msm now...

Gothmog
30-06-2003, 22:09
[hmm] (my recent favorite smiley)

I've never been on msm, guess I'll look into it.

Sween
01-07-2003, 03:44
well my booze of choice is beer, but my favorite is margerita. mmmmm.

Stapel
01-07-2003, 08:07
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Whisky, pure.... Islay to be specific :D Do you want to buy me a bottle?

I have the same taste appearently....

I like Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg a lot. Aggie advised me to try ??Cloa Ila?? So far I have seen 4 liquor stores not selling it :(.

@Gothmog ;) : Bowmore, though from Islay, is not 'my whisky'. I have also enjoyed Glenlivet 12. Since last may I have Glenlivet 18, which didn't meet my expectatians 100%.
I also think putting ice in ice cubes in your whisky, should be punished by torture or imprisonment.

Ale tastes like sterelized cat's piss!

Well, there is nothing like arguing about taste! If you go see Sky's cellar, I would love to join you!

Aggie
01-07-2003, 08:32
Sky, you also make me jealous !!

Shabbaman
01-07-2003, 08:32
Gin + bitter lemon, beerenburg (some sort of booze with a lot of herbes) + cola or pure vodka (in this order). But that's all booze, and I drink a lot more beer than liquor.

Trying to get really, really, really drunk? Try white russian, straight from the can...

ProPain
01-07-2003, 08:39
I voted wine because that's what I drink most, beer also good for a night on the town. In the strong liquor department I'm a whiskey man too. Lagavullin [worship] my favorite!

quote:Originally posted by stapel
I also think putting ice in ice cubes in your whisky, should be punished by torture or imprisonment.

very true Stapel!

anarres
01-07-2003, 10:02
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Trying to get really, really, really drunk? Try white russian, straight from the can...
You mean you can't pour vodka, kaluha and milk yourself? [:o]

Or is the can for when you can't focus on the bottles anymore?

Shabbaman
01-07-2003, 10:12
quote:Originally posted by anarres

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

You mean you can't pour vodka, kaluha and milk yourself? [:o]

Or is the can for when you can't focus on the bottles anymore?

No, duh...

You take a half full two litres milk container and fill it up with booze and ice.

Stapel
01-07-2003, 10:23
Beerenburg is indeed good too! Weduwe Joustra 38%, only available at the Kleinzand in Sneek is my favourite

ERIKK
01-07-2003, 10:23
Beer and wine. Sometimes some stuff through the coffee.

I have too many nasty memories on heavy stuff!

Ok favorite beer:
- Common Dutch beer: Hertog Jan Bier
- Common Dutch beer: Grolsch Bier
(Amster and Heineken suck IMO!)
- Witbier: Wiekse Witte
- Imported: Murphy's Irish Red Beer :)

digger760
01-07-2003, 10:25
Beer of course, cos i'm Australian, although i don't mind the odd irish whiskey, can't believe nobody mentioned irish whiskey, its better than scotch..its distilled 3 times...scotch is distilled 2 times and bourbon, distilled once and is rough as guts.

If you want to try Irish Whiskey, try a Bushmills...or if you can afford it Middleton very rare, aged 25 years.

I've been to Belgium Taurendil...but i only drank the common market beers, Stella and Lef-blonde (???) both are a nice drop.

Best Australian beer VB - Victoria Bitter...although James Boags is nice too and you can buy that easy enough over this way

ProPain
01-07-2003, 10:36

Beerenburg is indeed good too! Weduwe Joustra 38%, only available at the Kleinzand in Sneek is my favourite

Weduwe Joustra [laser]Without doubt the most gross thing I ever drank. Friend gave me a bottle once, after trying it me nor my rommates touched the bottle for years. Even when we were desperate and alcohol deprived, weduwe Joustra wasnt an option. In the end we finished it playing a drinking game with dice iirc. Only time noone wanted to lose during a drinking game ever.

Stapel
01-07-2003, 11:47
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Weduwe Joustra [laser]Without doubt the most gross thing I ever drank. Friend gave me a bottle once, after trying it me nor my rommates touched the bottle for years. Even when we were desperate and alcohol deprived, weduwe Joustra wasnt an option. In the end we finished it playing a drinking game with dice iirc. Only time noone wanted to lose during a drinking game ever.

Sigh.... Only the type that can be bought at the Kleinzand..... Your 'friend' probably gave you a louzy export bottle.

Wrong.....

Shabbaman
01-07-2003, 11:55
The only absolutely unconsumable brew of beerenburg is the variant of hooghoudt from groningen, Kalmoes.

Eklektikos
01-07-2003, 15:53
I like most kinds of alcoholic drinks, although I'm pretty picky about which examples of each type I'll take.

Taurendil: would "abdijbieren" be beers like Orval, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Gothmog
01-07-2003, 16:49
@staple – I agree that for the price Glenlivet 12 is probably better value than their 18, me brah’ drinks the 12 and it was my first experience with single malt – so holds a special place in my heart. I don’t drink that much and my current bottle is an 18. Sorry about the ice thing, but you’ll pry it from my icy cold dead hands. I do drink it straight too at times. What did you mean by “ice in ice cubes”? as opposed to shavings? Or do you make it cold in some other way. FWIW I don’t like good whisky from the freezer (or other non-ice cube way of making it cold), as it kills the bouquet. Haven’t tasted cat piss myself but Ale comes in so many forms it can’t all taste like cat piss can it? I guess you’re the expert here. I like porters, stouts, and many German specialty beers especially – got to be on tap and preferably brewed on the premises.

I like wine, but mostly drink it with my father, who has great taste.

Aggie
01-07-2003, 18:44
quote:Originally posted by Eklektikos

Taurendil: would "abdijbieren" be beers like Orval, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

That is a perfect example ;) My favorite beers are all from Belgium:

- Duvel (this one knocks you out when you're not careful)
- Westmalle double and triple
- Leffe double and triple
- Chimay Blue
- many many others.

@Stapel: it is Caol Ila. A typical Islay whisky and my favourite together with Ardbeg and Laphroaig. But Sky named a couple of brands that I like a lot too :D

OPD
01-07-2003, 20:51
Wild Turkey now there's a good whisky/bourbon. A friend of mine claimed it was actually stored inside of a dead turkey during the distilling process but he was under the influence at the time. It's something like 50 %.

Taurendil
02-07-2003, 05:48
Many belgian beers can call themselves "abdijbier". This just means that they were originally brewed in an abbey. They are all strong beers, generally between 7 and 12 degrees, with some stronger exceptions ofcourse. Most breweries will have a few varieties, often a regular version, a double and a triple. Those names have something to do with the fermentation progress. Don't ask me any technical info though, i only drink them. A lot of the brands will also have some special versions, like christmas beers for example. There are dozens of these breweries producing hundreds of different kinds in Belgium alone, so it would be hard to name them here.
What i will list here, as a suggestion of what you all should try as soon as possible, are the "Trapist" beers. Trapist beers are still produced in the abbey where they originated, as opposed to an industrial brewery. There are only 7 trapist-breweries in the world. Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westvleteren, Westmalle and Achel, in Belgium, and Koningshoeven in the Netherlands.
Perhaps some comparisons will help. Trapist beers compare to abbey-beers like Champagne compares to 'methode champignoise'. Many great beers aren't trapist, but all trapist are great beers. Abbey-beers (strong beers, special beers, whatever you call it) compare to lager like, say, a cigar to a cigarette. Lagers are fine, and can be great to drink any/every day, or to party with. (Try Jupiler, Stella Artois, or Primus for some fine belgian examples.) But strong beers are a whole different league. I was about to add another comparison including Heineken and dishwater here, but as so many dutch people read this i won't.
This man (www.beerhunter.com), with a very unfortunate name, knows a lot more about beer then I do.

Taurendil
02-07-2003, 05:58
Yes, i'm getting a bit overzealous here, but you people got me started on this subject :D. This is a short story from the site i mentioned in my last post. It's for those of you that don't know belgian beers yet.

Life after lager

John Lennon and Yoko Ono were holding a "Bed In" at the Amsterdam Hilton; elsewhere in the city, gay sex had burst out of the closet; and soft drugs were the choice of cafe society. I had gone to Amsterdam as a journalist and somehow stayed for the summer of love. Like Lennon I refused to conform - I favoured the opposite sex. And I eschewed cannabis in favour of its sister plant the hop.

Amsterdam was abroad in those days. "Abroad" meant that there was only lager; no other type of beer. So I thought.

The local brews were Heineken and Amstel, though Grolsch was delivered by the milkman (an arrangement I have not found anywhere else in the world). These were acceptable enough, but they seemed to taste pretty much the same, and I was soon bored with them. The best I could hope for was occasionally to find a lager from a less well known, smaller, brewery. I gradually learned that most of the smaller breweries in The Netherlands were in the Catholic south.

My girlfriend and I headed down there for the pre-Lenten Carnival, the Dutch equivalent to the German Fasching or Louisiana's Mardi Gras. Somewhere, we got off the train. Which town? Maastricht, perhaps? That day, they all looked the same. We were sucked into a crowd, beers in hand, who seemed to be in endless circulation through the station cafe. The station square was full of drinking, dancing and Beatle music. The whole town was drunk, and soon we were, too.

Amid the endless golden glasses of Dutch lager, someone wearing a John Lennon mask handed me a chalice containing a darker beer. Caution long to the winds, I took a gulp. I was quite unprepared for the richness of the brew and, a moment later, the hit of alcohol, somewhere around the top of the head.

"You like it?!" He looked surprised, dazed even. Perhaps he had enjoyed a few glasses himself. "Yes", I replied. "It's terrific".

Then he gave me some advice, which I would take, groggily, the following morning. "If you like that sort of beer," he intoned almost gravely, "you really ought to go across the border." Then the night and the alcohol and the jostling crowd and the music took us our separate ways. I never learned his name, nor saw the face behind the mask.

Next day, hungover and bedraggled, I crossed the border, a refugee from

The Netherlanders' annual moment of uninhibition.

It was my first visit to Belgium. I had discovered that not all foreign beer was lager. I soon began to realise that Belgium had a selection of beer-styles such as I had never seen. I stayed for a long weekend. When I left, something inside of me had changed. The process had begun that would make me devote the rest of my life to one story. I was already becoming a beer writer, though I did not know that at the time. Nor was there for the moment such an occupation. Twenty years later, Prince Philippe of Belgium presented me with an award for my services to beer.

Today, I read travel articles about Belgium, in which the writer will observe: "Remember, they have great beer in Belgium." I don't know whether to laugh or cry. If the article offers no more information, the visitor will ask for "a beer" and be presented with a Stella Artois, which he could equally well have found at home. I usually ask what is local. Or in my best "When Harry Met Sally" mode: "I'll have what he's having."

Something the colour of an English bitter, but in a generous curved glass, was what most people seemed to be having on that first visit. It was the local beer, and still is. I know of no city in the world, other than Dublin, where a single local brew inspires such pride and loyalty.

We were in a street-corner bar, lavatorially white-tiled, but somehow cosy nonetheless. I pointed to a glass and gestured that I would like the same. "Bollecke?" responded the barman. It turned out that this vulgar-sounding riposte referred to the shape of the glass. A bolleke ("little ball") always contains a beer called De Koninck. This is technically very similar to a British ale, but more aromatic, softer and spicier. In this instance, it is the particular yeast culture that contributes the spicy flavours. Other Belgian beers do use spices, herbs and fruits.

De Koninck is soft that it slips down with soothing sociability; so tangy and perfumy that each glass invites another. I lost an afternoon in that bar, and never found it again.

Almost every beer about which I rhapsodised would subsequently appear in the United States but less quickly, if at all, in Britain. Then someone told me that De Koninck was available at the Bank restaurant, at that time new and very fashionable, in London. I went to see for myself. The bar was very busy - surrounded four deep. I shouted to the bartender: "Do you really have De Koninck?" He smiled, lifted his bollekes (he had two) and triumphantly banged them together above his head.

col
02-07-2003, 08:24
Ah yes Belgian beers. Two of my friends have an annual beer weekend in Bruges and Ghent. We can get many Belgian beers over here - I'm quite fond of Duvals. There are some great real ales in Scarborough too. Over the last few years CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) has had real succes in encouraging small breweries to be set up and fluorish. There are several pubs here that serve a wide choice of good beers. Of course if you walk into an average English pub and ask for beer, you will be served a foul tasting glass of coloured water. The reason why so many people say they dont like beer is that all they have drunk is the mass produced piss that uses the same name. Taste the real stuff and you will be hooked for life.....

Stapel
02-07-2003, 11:12
ice in ice cubes was just a typo....

@Taurendil: nice post.

My fav beer in NL is Grolsch! But I must admit De Koninck is the best beer in the world. I also like the southern german Weissebiere a lot!

quote:Originally posted by Gothmog

@staple – I agree that for the price Glenlivet 12 is probably better value than their 18, me brah’ drinks the 12 and it was my first experience with single malt – so holds a special place in my heart. I don’t drink that much and my current bottle is an 18. Sorry about the ice thing, but you’ll pry it from my icy cold dead hands. I do drink it straight too at times. What did you mean by “ice in ice cubes”? as opposed to shavings? Or do you make it cold in some other way. FWIW I don’t like good whisky from the freezer (or other non-ice cube way of making it cold), as it kills the bouquet. Haven’t tasted cat piss myself but Ale comes in so many forms it can’t all taste like cat piss can it? I guess you’re the expert here. I like porters, stouts, and many German specialty beers especially – got to be on tap and preferably brewed on the premises.

I like wine, but mostly drink it with my father, who has great taste.

Aggie
02-07-2003, 11:26
@Taurendil: Whithout clicking on the site, ny guess is: Michael Jackson.

ProPain
02-07-2003, 12:08
Dont drink Heineken , drink Grolsch or Dommelsch in that category.

col
02-07-2003, 12:29
My wife and I had some strange Belgian beer last year - a wheat beer that tasted strongly of lemon. Slurp....

Hehe - the beerhunter writes a weekly column in the papers over here. Ive even been known to go to beer tasting sessions. Festivals with maybe 50 different beers to try...... Sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp. Hic. Clunk.

Matrix
03-07-2003, 13:10
Wine! And lots of it! My record is two bottles in one evening (minus two glasses I gave to someone else), but I'm not gonna repeat that, ever. [xx(] But I go drunk that often anymore lately.

Apart from wine I also like piña colada, bailey's and boswandeling which is also a whity bitter sweet booze.

Stapel
03-07-2003, 15:23
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Wine! And lots of it! My record is two bottles in one evening (minus two glasses I gave to someone else), but I'm not gonna repeat that, ever. [xx(] But I go drunk that often anymore lately.

Apart from wine I also like piña colada, bailey's and boswandeling which is also a whity bitter sweet booze.

Two bottles as a record [hmm]. I am affraid you're nothing but a fake alcoholic then [drunk].

smalltalk
03-07-2003, 22:25
For me, it is wine. Beer makes me so dozy - and run to the toilett too often.

From the whiskys, I like the mild ones like Bunnahabhain. I don't like the one that taste like diesel oil... But usually, hard liquors are to heavy for me.

anarres
03-07-2003, 23:31
Welcome back smalltalk. :D

jack merchant
03-07-2003, 23:44
My favourite drink is really G&T, bus as that is outside of your average student's price range, beer is what I drink most, and particularly, Grolsch (which really is different from the other Dutch pilseners....but the export version is not as great). But Taurendil will get no argument from me wrt Belgian beers.... Leffe Blond is especially great.
I like both wine and whisk(e)y, but Glenfiddich is the only decent whisky I've ever had. Ice doesn't enter into it :)

ProPain
04-07-2003, 00:12
After my holiday to croatia I'll posy on all the eastern european brews I tastes.

but now alrdy I know Lasko will beat Union in the beer department...

Shabbaman
04-07-2003, 12:30
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant

Grolsch (which really is different from the other Dutch pilseners....but the export version is not as great

Ah, I see.. So that's why it tastes like piss. The good stuff never leaves twente. [lol]

Matrix
04-07-2003, 15:03

Two bottles as a record [hmm]. I am affraid you're nothing but a fake alcoholic then [drunk].
Well, that's good then, isn't it. ;) I like to get drunk from time to time, but stay healthy as well. And after those two bottles, it was so horrible - I did sleep somehow, but the next day I couldn't drink or eat anything until dinner. Not even water. [crazyeye] I'm not gonna repeat that ever again.

smalltalk
09-07-2003, 22:02
I can appreciate booze only when I drink regularly. Of all available substances, alcohol gives the most terrible hang-over if you ain't used to it. Sometimes, I'm quite anti-alcoholic (for a while) and when I then drink maybe three or four portions, I can't even sleep, I have to sit awake in my bed until I'm halfway sober again, and I'm feeling rather low than high.

So if you want to drink two or three bottles of wine or half a bottle of whisky, you have to slowly work your way up to these quantities, unless you want to feel overwhelmingly sick - nor purge your stomach into your innocent environment.

Shabbaman
10-07-2003, 09:03
quote:Originally posted by smalltalk

Of all available substances, alcohol gives the most terrible hang-over if you ain't used to it.

[???]

Skyfish
10-07-2003, 20:37
[lol]

Pastorius
11-07-2003, 16:45
Whisk(e)y - single/pure Islay or Speyside malts preferably, though I also enjoy an Irish one

Instructions:
Find a good bottle
Pour Whisky into glass
Place mug of water next to glass of whisky
Add water to whisky at own will.
Enjoy

Fun fact: This is my very first post in these fora ;)

Taurendil
12-07-2003, 03:40
Hey there Paalikles, and welcome to CDZ.

Regarding your sig: i'm pretty sure conquest will be the best buy, since it will apparently contain everything from PTW [eek]. Money sucking bastards.

anarres
12-07-2003, 14:56
Ahh, but conquests will not be here until 2004. I suggest getting a cheap copy of ptw now, they must be coming down in price now...

digger760
14-07-2003, 09:54
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Whisk(e)y - single/pure Islay or Speyside malts preferably, though I also enjoy an Irish one

hurray, somebody has lived.[drunk]

Bushmills Single Malt

Shabbaman
15-07-2003, 11:09
At 09:54:57? That doesn't sounds like a very good idea to me...

digger760
15-07-2003, 11:27
hehe, ever been camping..wake up in the morning, see the bottle of whiskey sitting in the ashes of the fire....but then notice, there a bit left and the lid is still on so its till ok to drink.

Where i come from, to drink the morning after is called "hair of the dog", best recipe for a hang over.

Shabbaman
15-07-2003, 12:41
Sure. Begin the day with the same stuff you finished the day before.

Ehecatl Atzin
24-07-2003, 20:23
What about tequila? straigh from the bottle, non of that margarita watered down stuff [coool] But since it's not in the list, I'll say vodka. [drunk]

tunerica
03-08-2003, 01:45
I love beer. Also from Australia I can relate with Diggers fondness for VB and Boags, while good I have to say that I prefer Carlton Draught. My favourite though would have to be Binding (I think thats right, green label), as I understand it, its a German beer, mmmm German beer and food are the best.

Sween
03-08-2003, 08:29
had some beer, two margaritas, and more beers tonight. dizzy.

Skyfish
03-08-2003, 08:47
quote:German beer and food are the best

[eek] [eek] [eek]

[goggle] [goggle] [goggle]

[scratch] [confused] [scratch]

[crazyeye] [crazyeye] [crazyeye]

[mad] [mad] [mad]

[argue] [dunno] [argue]

Taurendil
04-08-2003, 03:44
quote:Originally posted by tunerica

mmmm German beer and food are the best.Now here is a man who has never been to Germany.
Nor Belgium for that matter.

prettyvacant
04-08-2003, 07:51
quote:Originally posted by tunerica
[br mmmm German beer and food are the best.

nor england, france or italy

Sween
04-08-2003, 23:38
the germans have their own food?

jack merchant
05-08-2003, 01:16
Well, they have Schweinebraten........

The German kitchen is like the Portuguese kitchen really; the Portuguese kitchen consists of 101 variations on cod, the German kitchen consists of 101 variations on pork ;)

Ehecatl Atzin
05-08-2003, 05:39
I don't mean to brag but, since it was in Mexico where european food and products met their american counterparts and thus merged, presenting the best of both worlds... I would have to say mexican food is the best :D

Eklektikos
06-08-2003, 14:55
Bought a (very) small selection of Belgian and Czech beers last night. A few bottles of Hoegaarden and Staropramen, a bottle of Duvel, another of Leffe Blond and one of some Czech pilsner the name of which I can't currently recall. Should make for an enjoyable week, plus I now know I can get these things at my local supermarket with no bother. Hurrah! http://www.counterglow.com/forum/images/smilies/beer.gif

Shabbaman
06-08-2003, 15:14
Wat kind of duvel?

digger760
06-08-2003, 16:31
By the sounds of the rest of them i bet that Czech beer is Pilsner Urquel.

Eklektikos
06-08-2003, 16:46
That's the one :D

Can't remember what kind of Duvel it is, and sadly I'm still at work so it's separated from me by several miles at the moment and I can't go over to the fridge to find out :(

digger760
06-08-2003, 17:05
there is infact a 1 litre bottle of Kronenberg(?spelling?) 1554 in our fridge at work, don't know who owns it but its nice and cold [vampire]

smalltalk
06-08-2003, 19:49
In what size of glass is beer served at yours?

We here have 0.33 l for bitter and 0.5 l for the rest.

I feel, the 0.5 l is a bit too much. Considering my drinking speed this makes my beer get luke-warm and stale - especially in these hot days.

Skyfish
06-08-2003, 20:53
Kronenbourg 1664 is a delightful beer ! ...and I dont say it because it's French ;)
Please try it out and tell me what you think.

anarres
06-08-2003, 23:06
Wow! 0.5 litres is less than a pint!!! That's crazy talk saying it's too much....

Sky, Kronenbourg 1664 is one of the few beers I enjoy.

Stapel
14-08-2003, 12:23
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

Kronenbourg 1664 is a delightful beer ! ...and I dont say it because it's French ;)
Please try it out and tell me what you think.

Huh?
No!

Kronenbourg is not delightful.. It is the only 'acceptable' French beer. Only my opinion maybe... But most Belgian, Dutch and German Pilsners are better.

When it comes to variety, without loosing quality, Belgium wins! When it comes to Wheatbeer (Weizenbier) The southern german beers, like Paulaner, Erdinger and Loewenbraeu rule.

Gothmog
14-08-2003, 14:38
Well, I just thought I'd mention that thanks to all the motherless bastards (!) here at CDZ I now have a hard time enjoying my Scotch with ice! I keep thinking someone is going to string me up and let the ravens pick my eyes out.

So I drink mine neat now (well the good stuff anyway), thanks again to all the motherless bastards here at CDZ.

Shabbaman
14-08-2003, 15:23
You're welcome.

Schültenbrau, canned beer from the Aldi, that's beer. You have to drink it when ice (actually, near freezing point) cold, preferrably after the first tray of quality beer is finished. Vomiting is much cheaper, as is throwing with empty or half filled cans since you don't waste the deposit money.

Cheers!

http://www.zeptonn.nl/sintkees/smilies/beer.gif

Pastorius
29-03-2005, 13:21
[bump]

Wow. This thread holds my very first CDZ posts. Goes to show I got my priorities straight, and started chatting about booze before civ :D

Just discovered I hadnt voted, so I did :)

Lt. Killer M
29-03-2005, 14:38
beer and wine, depending on the mood and food (and presence or absence thereof).

Caiprina, too!

barbu1977
29-03-2005, 17:51
Depends on the occasion:

Beer for fun, beach, household work, or after sports.
Wine with food, (unless I get myself a strong belgian beer)
Porto with cheese and desert
Cognac and Amareto to finish of the night.
Rhum and juice in vacation in the carabeans. (not often enought)

OnCider
30-03-2005, 09:21

Instructions:
Find a good bottle
Pour Whisky into glass
Enjoy

And what an expertly worded post at that!

I agree on every count.

I'm also partial to bottles of Jack Daniels, Bombay Sapphire Gin and a nice Bordeaux.

Three bottles of wine is my record (whites though) but I felt it for the next two days.

romeothemonk
25-04-2005, 22:12
Not really a drinker here, I have other vices. http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2611
I drink honestly about once a month, having 1 to 2 drinks. I have developed an affinity to certain beers.
I like Boulevard Wheat, a microbrew out of Kansas City.
I like Guiness.

When I did some harder alky, like before I started weightlifting, I had been known to slam Jose Cuervo Gold straight. For my money, there is nothing better for getting a party started than 2 Man shots of Cuervo. Straight means no lime, lemon, salt, etc. That stuff is for women.
For fun, take multiple shots, then get in a jumping jack contest. Somewhere in the hundreds your world gets really weird.

Pastorius
25-04-2005, 22:16
[crazyeye][drunk]

You are a strange fella [:p]

Markstar
25-04-2005, 23:37
Mai Tai (cocktail).

I don't like beer at all! [dunno]

Actually I hardly drink alcohol since there are not many occasions where I feel like drinking and it is usually very expensive for me to drink (since I don't get drunk easily).

Darkness
25-04-2005, 23:45
quote:Originally posted by Markstar

I don't like beer at all! [dunno]

Heretic!!!! ;)

Pastorius
25-04-2005, 23:51
Did someone say HERETIC?
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Paalikles/2005425235025_spanish1.gif

NOBODY expects TheSpanishInquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise .... surprise and fear .... fear and surprise .... Our two weapons are fear and surprise .... and ruthless efficiency .... Our three weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency .... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope .... Our four .... no .... Amongst our weapons .... Amongst our weaponry .... are such elements as fear, surprise .... I'll come in again.

punkbass
26-04-2005, 05:26
Whisky pour moi.

No alcohol for me [tongue]

Darkness
26-04-2005, 16:28
quote:Originally posted by Ville

No alcohol for me [tongue]

And another heretic! ;)

*waits for Paali....* :D

Pastorius
26-04-2005, 16:33

Instructions:
Find a good bottle
Pour Whisky into glass
Enjoy

Darkness, I ve already posted here

I do enjoy Tuborg, Carlsberg and Frydenlund (last being a Norwegian beer)

Darkness
26-04-2005, 16:35
I know Paali, that's what I was referring too.... :)

I called Ville a heretic, and the last time I called someone a heretic (Markstar, yesterday ;)), you followed with this:

Did someone say HERETIC?
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Paalikles/2005425235025_spanish1.gif

NOBODY expects TheSpanishInquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise .... surprise and fear .... fear and surprise .... Our two weapons are fear and surprise .... and ruthless efficiency .... Our three weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency .... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope .... Our four .... no .... Amongst our weapons .... Amongst our weaponry .... are such elements as fear, surprise .... I'll come in again.

Pastorius
26-04-2005, 16:37
Allright then
Ville, click here (http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=585&REPLY_ID=48062) [evil][mischief]

Allright then
Ville, click here (http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=585&REPLY_ID=48062) [evil][mischief]

Click [bump][mischief]

Mistfit
26-04-2005, 19:09
I voted Whiskey and ?

Ice is normally the only thing I'll mix it with.

My current Whiskey of choice is Jack Daniels "Gentleman Jack" ~ I can't stomach the "old #7" but the GJ is pretty good.

Whomp
26-04-2005, 19:42
At the end of the boating season we have what is becoming a bit of a legendary party called the Purple Pier Party. Everyone comes wearing something purple and pound a drink we concocted called a purple. Personally I don't drink it but the girls like it.
"The Purple"
40% Stoli Orange or 45%
50% Lemonade or 45%
10% Welsh Grape Soda
and squeezed lemons

Last year 3 kegs, 10 coolers of purple, a girl getting fished out of the water and a band guy who couldn't sing by the end of the night due to some extracurriculars. If you like girls come to Chicago in September. No married guys because we've caused a few relationship issues. [lol]

I'm a Kettle One and seltzer guy.

Plux
28-04-2005, 09:18
Since I've been in Poland a couple of times, I've switched my booze drinking habits to wodka. You don't get tired from it as from beers, no bad hangovers and coloured teeth as from wine and you can easily mix in some water or soda's in between. Great stuff imho :D