PDA

View Full Version : civ strategy

Plux
27-10-2012, 21:00
I was wondering, after reading so many spoilers and strategy articles, playing MP games and perhaps otherwise, do you as an experienced civ player have the impression that there are a lot of different human strategies to/that play the game?? do you expereiment a lot yourself with different strategies..

my main reason to wonder is that I think lack of variance in my perception of gameplay is the main reason to get fed up and bored with the game of civ once in a while. I myself don`t experiment too much, I consider myself mostly early builder later warmonger kind of player, although the way the game flows of course I adapt my decisions too.. meaning if I play 3 or 4 games the same style I quit playing for weeks/months. I`m wondering about your own experience with yourself and others in this regard..

next tp that I finish not too many of my games all the way. If I can achieve victory 1 in ten games finished is a lot..

Shabbaman
27-10-2012, 22:00
Well, not every start lends itself for the same game.

ProPain
28-10-2012, 11:25
I tend to play rather similar every game. Sometimes I deliberately try a differen strat though. Aim for culture vic or something. MOstly to get a better feel fot the benefits of a particular strategy.

Haven really experimented much in Civ V lately, only playing the MP now. I did experience quite a bit when Civ V was released because I wanted the deity win

Plux
28-10-2012, 16:23
I tend to play rather similar every game. Sometimes I deliberately try a differen strat though. Aim for culture vic or something. MOstly to get a better feel fot the benefits of a particular strategy.

Haven really experimented much in Civ V lately, only playing the MP now. I did experience quite a bit when Civ V was released because I wanted the deity win

that's an interesting reply pp; quite interesting.. did you see primus in holland last year??

ProPain
28-10-2012, 16:30
did you see primus in holland last year??

Of course :)

Matrix
28-10-2012, 21:22
Where did it go off course?

ProPain
29-10-2012, 09:03
Corrected, thanks.

So I suppose you went as well. I thought it was a brilliant show, they played well, loved the videos they made.

And for once the food and drink section was good. Good hamburgers and a espresso bar.

Plux
13-11-2012, 09:52
Corrected, thanks.

So I suppose you went as well. I thought it was a brilliant show, they played well, loved the videos they made.

And for once the food and drink section was good. Good hamburgers and a espresso bar. I saw it yes but I didn`t enjoy it as much as the old shows.. to me there wasn`t much difference anymore or I overlooked.. I guess you shouldn`t bet on old sacred cows