PDA

View Full Version : Kingreno VS Propain, Shabba and Plux Civ5 MP ***SPOILAH***

Kingreno
21-10-2012, 21:22
Hi guys,

In case you are either Propain, Shabba or Plux:

This guided tour to your humiliating onslaughts is best viewed when the game is over.

This is a game on a standard map, no CS.

I am Spain, PP is Rome, Plux is Aztecs, Shabba is Dutch.

Before I make a spoiler, curious if there are any lurkers out there?

So uh... how can I take sceenies in Civ V??

Beam
22-10-2012, 00:56
Lurker reports for duty! :-) Kill them all KR!

barbu1977
22-10-2012, 01:34
Spoilers on CDZ! Good Idea, this could bring new memberers!

I'll lurk with interest.

Darkness
22-10-2012, 15:24
Lurker reporting in... :)

Kingreno
22-10-2012, 18:43
Good to hear that guys!!

I have some very decent things happening already. The question is... how the *** do I make a screenie? F12 seems to exit the game straight away... so that is not working.

grs
22-10-2012, 19:02
How about the nifty printscreen key on your keyboard?

Pastorius
22-10-2012, 21:15
How about the nifty printscreen key on your keyboard?

Nah, I ve heard that this thread is worthless with pics

Kingreno
24-10-2012, 10:13
Indeed Paal, very worthless :(

Allas, played the turn this early morning and tried the Nifty print screen key... "something" happened, but as you may guess I am not certain what... where could, in theory, be the pic I printscreened?

barbu1977
24-10-2012, 15:16
Indeed Paal, very worthless :(

Allas, played the turn this early morning and tried the Nifty print screen key... "something" happened, but as you may guess I am not certain what... where could, in theory, be the pic I printscreened?

Print-screen key puts the image in the clipboard. You just have to open Paint, press CTR-V and save as...

Matrix
24-10-2012, 16:37
I haven't seen a spoiler in ages. Bring it on! [evil]

Darkness
24-10-2012, 20:07
Print-screen key puts the image in the clipboard. You just have to open Paint, press CTR-V and save as...

Isn't there a "screenshots" folder under the "my games/Civ5" subdirectory in Civ5? At least I thought I saw that the last time I played SP Civ5, but that was quite a while ago...

Pastorius
24-10-2012, 21:57
I remember that back in the days the king's spoilers were very good reads. Looking forward to you high tech people finding out how to post screenshots :)

Kingreno
25-10-2012, 08:49
On the bright side my opponents are inquiring what the hell is going on in young Spain due to the heavy activity in the forum.:)

Kingreno
25-10-2012, 19:37
PICS!!!!

Ok, but now the weird stuff. I PrntScrnd, and pasted in Paint....

But it pasted two turns BEFORE I took the screenie. I do remember that I prntscrnd a few turns ago but WTF... help is greatly appreciated.

Here's Spain in the Att Thumbnail.

I got extremely lucky and found Sri Pada on turn 5. Netting me a whopping 500 Gold. Sri itself gives a t tile yeild of 2 food, 4 faith and 2 happyness. I get to double that, as Spain. To make mathers more suffering for my already doomed opponents, I found a +1 pop hut in the same turn, and I immediately bought a settler. After finishing a scout it finds a hut too and nets me a tech: Archery.

The settler is on its way to found a city on the river/hill near Sri. This is by far one of the best starts I ever had and Madrid was immediately renamed: COJONES D'TORRO (that is misspelled a bit but for some f*** sake city naes can only be so many characters.).

Now my dear lurkers, the plan is to erase any opposition on my continent, which should be doable, either with Holy warriors or just outproducing them.

I conclude this glorious news with a question: which Pantheon is best for me?

Beam
25-10-2012, 19:59
Nice start! But what do you mean with Pantheon? :confused:

Kingreno
25-10-2012, 23:36
Pantheon belief is the first step to religion, when I get sri pada I will get to 10 or 15 Faith quickly so I get an early pantheon belief.

Beam
26-10-2012, 00:43
If thatīs the case choose Islam and start a Jihad. [evil]

Kingreno
30-10-2012, 18:40
Update!!

I founded Parada de Tetas next to Sri Pada and got the Spain double tile yield from it. It is insane. 4 food, 8 faith and 4 happy. My opponents will soon find out they are in trouble as my score rises a helluvalot quicker then theirs. 2 turns and I get a first religious trait as a pantheon belief. I will either pick + 4 faith for natural wonders, +2 science per traderoute or 10% growth everywhere.

I decided on a 2nd scout which is due next turn, and have started fishing for tech. both are aimed at rapid exploration, and hopefuly finding natural wonders (first) for a +100 (or +500!) gold bonus.

still looking okay!!

Pastorius
31-10-2012, 17:44
YAY FOR SCREENY!

And great citynames, as always

BCLG100
31-10-2012, 19:26
I don't understand civ5 after having not played it at all but don't you need some defence?

Pastorius
31-10-2012, 19:55
I don't understand civ5 after having not played it at all but don't you need some defence?

The city itself acts as some kind of defender. It's a crazy concept

BCLG100
31-10-2012, 23:51
But doesn't he need anything else? to go and kill folk with or if they have folk to come and kill him with?

Kingreno
07-11-2012, 10:50
Update, small one...

The game progresses slowly mainly due to loading problems from Plux, but we seem to be going forward now!

Parada de tetas worked Sri Pada for 2 turns thus I got the 16 faith needed for my first religious benefit. I opted for the Messenger of the gods bonus netting me 2 science for every city with a traderoute. It does nothing yet but will help me in the longer run. I decided against the plantationbonus or the food from camps as I simply do not have enough of those recources to realy matter now.

Exploration is a bit disappointing. My continent seems a bit small though there may be some hidden fortune in the south. I sent my 2nd scout there, hoping for a new natural wonder... Sailing is ude in 5 and will build a boat asap.

Cojones D'Torro started a granary, Tetas build an obelisk (or what is that culture thing called??)

More interesting: My score is almost double that of my 3 foes. I have been chatting a bit with Propain and Plux and claimed a lucky pop hut and so forth. They probably have no clue that I already got a second city and am getting a huge religion/growth bonus from Sri Pada. I want to keep this up as long as possible. I also found out that PP met Plux (PP told me), so they are on the same landmass.

*next update with pix!*

Kingreno
10-01-2013, 19:04
Update with "HQ" pics!!!

E viva Espaņa my lurking compadres!!!

Things have been going forward at the slow and steady pace, that can be expected in a 4p mp game.

The current situation is I am alone on an island, save for Hanoi (pic 1). I sent out a triremo to find another city state to the west. I got the 30 gold meaning they had the privilage of meeting me first. It seems to be a small island city state though I need more info still. On pic 2 my brave trireme found new land, with ruins on it! This may suggest an empty stretch of land or poor scouting on the part of my feeble foes.
Our religionprogress is great and we are already at 175 faith (+8pt). I will found a religion soon. My 2 main cities grow well, 2 workers are improving the lands, a 3rd is on it's way. Sri Pada gives me 4 happiness so still at + 1 now with 2 cities and 9 pop. I planned it well enough so growth keeps up with happiness and vice versa. The demographics show that the puta's from the other continent(s) are doing less good then me, to say it mildly... to say it not mildly: some of them seem to vehemently suck donkeyballs.

After a lib in Cohones I will be sending out a second trireme as the vast emptiness of the other islands may hold some 500g-natural wonders.

Keep you posted!!!

Viva Espaņa!!!

Kingreno
21-01-2013, 21:53
Yeah baby!

Pastorius
23-01-2013, 20:02
Grats

Kingreno
28-01-2013, 10:43
With this newly adopted Sadomasochism my loyal subjects found out that the best whipps are made of horseskin. Within hours every single horse on our island was killed and skinned, the meat left to rot for the vultures. Our conquistadores will have to go on foot #Caramba #puta #conjo :(